Blog Comments

I agree with most of what you said. Even though these matches have the same stipulations and different names its the WWE they do what they want. It would be nice to see some change to a lot of those as you suggested. The #1 contenders matches are very important they do showcase who is at the top but the wins and losses i personally don't look at except for like the ryback situation where he hasn't won and i feel he's undeserving. I guess it's the E's way of giving a push in this case. everything else was good especially about the cage matches
    Quote Originally Posted by blink
    I don't think throwing someone into the steps or barricade is breaking the rules. Its part of the environment and is really no different than whipping someone into the turnbuckle/ring post.
    The thing is it causes a lot more damage than smacking someone with a steel chair. So in my eyes it does not seem fair, but I respect your opinion on the matter.
    ^^ I literally was going to write the 'part of the environment' line as I read that paragraph, right on.
    I don't think throwing someone into the steps or barricade is breaking the rules. Its part of the environment and is really no different than whipping someone into the turnbuckle/ring post.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    I liked this blog and agreed strongly on most of your points. I'll get into specifics the ones I agree the most on.

Steel Cage should always be pinfall or submission. It was designed to keep the heel from running from the face. It should stay that way. Usually when you can escape, it is the heel that wins usually.

Earning a title shot: This is exactly what i was thinking. Why dont WWE do more #1 contenders matches? It brings more intrigue if you ask me not only to that #1 contenders match, but the next feud. Ryback lose every ppv match so far this year except for Extreme Rules which ended in a draw. It should have been Mark Henry if anybody. I want more #1 contender matches!!

Unscheduled matches: It brings a lot more intrigue and excitement to the show if you know what is going to happen next week. A lot of Raws back in the day, you couldn't wait til next week to see a match, a result, or a response for what happened last week. Now, you never know what Raw brings. If Vince and Steph were advertised for Raw, I would have been more switching back and forth rather than just sticking to game 7. They do a lot of the same matches as well. How many times does Orton and Sheamus got to beat Cesaro?

Defending a title every 30 days is very important in my eyes. This is why the Divas division is where it is right now. Just give the belt to AJ already. She gets the most tv time anyway.

A lot of matches have the same names unfortunately. Just go with it....
    Thank for your intellectual comment TheGreatOne. I appreciate your thoughts. It means a lot to get a positive reaction from you considering you are an esteemed person hear on this site.

And what you said about Unscheduled Matches is so true. People get more hyped knowing what comes next. I do not buy tickets to a concert not knowing who is going to perform. It is exactly the same point on WWE. I should know who is going against who before I buy tickets to Raw or even watch it on TV (not all the matches when watching TV but you get my point). Yeah, sometimes I like it spontaneous, but I want excitement for Raw knowing what matches and storylines will be presented.

Hands down on the same matches every week. Besides, the babyface almost always wins anyways.
    I liked this blog and agreed strongly on most of your points. I'll get into specifics the ones I agree the most on.

Steel Cage should always be pinfall or submission. It was designed to keep the heel from running from the face. It should stay that way. Usually when you can escape, it is the heel that wins usually.

Earning a title shot: This is exactly what i was thinking. Why dont WWE do more #1 contenders matches? It brings more intrigue if you ask me not only to that #1 contenders match, but the next feud. Ryback lose every ppv match so far this year except for Extreme Rules which ended in a draw. It should have been Mark Henry if anybody. I want more #1 contender matches!!

Unscheduled matches: It brings a lot more intrigue and excitement to the show if you know what is going to happen next week. A lot of Raws back in the day, you couldn't wait til next week to see a match, a result, or a response for what happened last week. Now, you never know what Raw brings. If Vince and Steph were advertised for Raw, I would have been more switching back and forth rather than just sticking to game 7. They do a lot of the same matches as well. How many times does Orton and Sheamus got to beat Cesaro?

Defending a title every 30 days is very important in my eyes. This is why the Divas division is where it is right now. Just give the belt to AJ already. She gets the most tv time anyway.

A lot of matches have the same names unfortunately. Just go with it....
    In the debate of the great one vs the cross, im siding with cross. Id rather have his selections as opposed to what really happened. Plus his argument about cross only wantting young guys to win is redonk seeing as how ziggler is the newest guy on his list and even hes been around for a while. But personally ive been begging for kane to win a rumble for years now. God bless!
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.