Blog Comments

I agree with everything you said, except that I personally enjoyed CM Punk's first title run. But it's all opinion anyway.
    They need to change the concept of the mitb ladder match because im tired of seeing guys being given the belt. The top belt is suppose to be something few people get the chance to compete for and even fewer people should win. What ever happened to the old fahioned way of coming up through the rankings and having the one defining moment that makes fans believe that an up and comer is a contender and when he finally does win the big one it actually means that he belongs which everyone can appreciate.
    Completely agree with that last paragraph^^
    Updated 07-15-2013 at 03:11 AM by Kajmere
    One missed opportunity was Alex Riley in 2011. I think Riley should've won the RAW MiTB last year instead of Alberto Del Rio. Because WWE are insistent on pushing Del Rio hard, he really didn't need the briefcase because they were going to push the hell out of him regardless. I think Riley could've benefitted from winning the ladder match. Of course, Riley was nowhere near ready for a world title when they tried to push him, but it would've been nice to see him win the briefcase, cash in for a legit match, lose, but still have the accomplishment of winning the ladder match and taking the champion to the limit to give him crediblity

Another missed opportunity was Tyson Kidd. I think Kidd should've won the World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match last year. While Ziggler cashing in the briefcase was a huge moment, I feel that because Ziggler was already being presented as a "main eventer" as far back as late 2011 when he still had the U.S. Championship, that he didn't really need the briefcase at all. Kidd would've benefitted from winning the ladder match. Of course by no means should he have won the World Title, but like I stated earlier in my Riley example, it would've been nice to see Kidd win the briefcase, cash in for a legit match, lose, but still have the accomplishment of winning the ladder match, and being able to go toe to toe with the World Champion to give him crediblity

Instead of using the briefcase to try to create an insta-main eventer, or as a plot device to get the belt off of a face without "making them look weak", what they should do is use the briefcase to break the monotony and give a title shot (or title run if the company deems them worthy) to someone who wouldn't be in the title picture otherwise, or use it to build someone up (not necessarily by handing them the title). WWE needs to actually build stars with MiTB instead of just throwing the belt on them and expecting us to care.
    Updated 07-15-2013 at 02:40 AM by TempestH
    I completely agree with Shelton Benjamin being on here. What a waste of a great talent. After he left John Morrison became the next Shelton Benjamin and got to participate in one WWE Title match. In my opinion, Benjamin was way better than Morrison and should've been in a couple main title matches.
    From your list, I think that the Christian scenario would've been best. Shelton would always put on a hell of a show in those matches but I always counted him out of the match. Also, correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't his 'feud' with HHH just 2-3 matches on RAW? Not sure if that constitutes a feud, but again maybe my memory is bad.

Most will say Jericho didn't need a briefcase and Kofi/MVP IMO ain't briefcase material.
    Yes I agree with the above that it is just part of the environment tho it does more damage that's just the way it has always been and i think if they change it the wwe would get some real well deserved backlash over it
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.