Blog Comments

His blog doesn't necessarily disregard Riley's existence in NXT. I think he is just giving a scenario of how to bring him back onto the main roster.

I think he has a lot of potential and would like to see him redeem himself in the future. Wasn't it rumored that John Cena caused his premature demise?
    Yeah, A-Ry is doing more to re-establish his value with his work in NXT than he would being lost in the fodder that is the current WWE Active Roster. He stands out on the table, but would be generic wrestler #4 if he was wrestling.
    Do you not watch NXT?
    Quote Originally Posted by mywine5
    Y not talk about what wwe should do going forward with MITB instead of dwelling on their past fuck ups. Cant change the past people
    Prior to reading a blog titled; WWE; Missed Opportunities, one would assume the blogger would be dwelling on "past fuck ups". Creative criticism? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestH
    One missed opportunity was Alex Riley in 2011. I think Riley should've won the RAW MiTB last year instead of Alberto Del Rio. Because WWE are insistent on pushing Del Rio hard, he really didn't need the briefcase because they were going to push the hell out of him regardless. I think Riley could've benefitted from winning the ladder match. Of course, Riley was nowhere near ready for a world title when they tried to push him, but it would've been nice to see him win the briefcase, cash in for a legit match, lose, but still have the accomplishment of winning the ladder match and taking the champion to the limit to give him crediblity

Another missed opportunity was Tyson Kidd. I think Kidd should've won the World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match last year. While Ziggler cashing in the briefcase was a huge moment, I feel that because Ziggler was already being presented as a "main eventer" as far back as late 2011 when he still had the U.S. Championship, that he didn't really need the briefcase at all. Kidd would've benefitted from winning the ladder match. Of course by no means should he have won the World Title, but like I stated earlier in my Riley example, it would've been nice to see Kidd win the briefcase, cash in for a legit match, lose, but still have the accomplishment of winning the ladder match, and being able to go toe to toe with the World Champion to give him crediblity

Instead of using the briefcase to try to create an insta-main eventer, or as a plot device to get the belt off of a face without "making them look weak", what they should do is use the briefcase to break the monotony and give a title shot (or title run if the company deems them worthy) to someone who wouldn't be in the title picture otherwise, or use it to build someone up (not necessarily by handing them the title). WWE needs to actually build stars with MiTB instead of just throwing the belt on them and expecting us to care.
    Full out agree with you 100%. Well said.
    Y not talk about what wwe should do going forward with MITB instead of dwelling on their past fuck ups. Cant change the past people
    WM24 & 25 for MVP especially 24 when Matt Hardy cost him the match.
    Quote Originally Posted by TempestH
    One missed opportunity was Alex Riley in 2011. I think Riley should've won the RAW MiTB last year instead of Alberto Del Rio. Because WWE are insistent on pushing Del Rio hard, he really didn't need the briefcase because they were going to push the hell out of him regardless. I think Riley could've benefitted from winning the ladder match. Of course, Riley was nowhere near ready for a world title when they tried to push him, but it would've been nice to see him win the briefcase, cash in for a legit match, lose, but still have the accomplishment of winning the ladder match and taking the champion to the limit to give him crediblity

Another missed opportunity was Tyson Kidd. I think Kidd should've won the World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match last year. While Ziggler cashing in the briefcase was a huge moment, I feel that because Ziggler was already being presented as a "main eventer" as far back as late 2011 when he still had the U.S. Championship, that he didn't really need the briefcase at all. Kidd would've benefitted from winning the ladder match. Of course by no means should he have won the World Title, but like I stated earlier in my Riley example, it would've been nice to see Kidd win the briefcase, cash in for a legit match, lose, but still have the accomplishment of winning the ladder match, and being able to go toe to toe with the World Champion to give him crediblity

Instead of using the briefcase to try to create an insta-main eventer, or as a plot device to get the belt off of a face without "making them look weak", what they should do is use the briefcase to break the monotony and give a title shot (or title run if the company deems them worthy) to someone who wouldn't be in the title picture otherwise, or use it to build someone up (not necessarily by handing them the title). WWE needs to actually build stars with MiTB instead of just throwing the belt on them and expecting us to care.
    I applaud you my friend. Alex Riley winning Money in the Bank would have been colossal and really could have supplemented his rivalry with the Miz. I would have also approbated it if Tyson Kidd won it as well. I am convicted in what you say in that the briefcase can just compose stars. It does need necesarily have to make them world champions; just give them a shot to manifest them as a talent.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.