Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    I've always thought that IF the streak was to end it should be to a new guy. My main choices would be sheamus and rhodes because they are both likely to be around for a while, are popular, not injury prone, can wrestle AND talk, ect.

My darkhorse pick will always be dibiase jr XD
    Good picks. I was thinking of putting them on the list but I was not too sure if WWE could keep them at such a major height for such a long time due to them ending the streak. And I am glad you told me your darkhorse pick. Mines Kofi Kingston, but we all have our opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinfan
    Sting has never been in WWE, EVER
    Sorry, my mistake. Thank you for correcting me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendaryIcon
    Sting wasn't ever in the WWE. He WAS offered a contract like most of the other big WCW names after the buyout, but he sat on the offer for a bit to see how things would begin playing out. He was given the time to think about it with a door open for him should he care to walk through it. He watched some of the initial WWE shows with the former WCW talent and ultimately decided after seeing the infamous Rock burying Booker T by saying, "Who are you?" Sting decided to decline the contract as he felt he would be in buried in a similar manner.

They need to not break the streak as it's one of those legendary accomplishments in the company. Who better to hold such a streak other than perhaps "Mr. Wrestlemania" himself, HBK? (Though for obvious reasons that's a moot point as HBK doesn't have another 20 years as much as some may wish him to.)
    Thank you for correcting me. He can still be on the list but your right he was not in the WWE. My mistake.
    I've always thought that IF the streak was to end it should be to a new guy. My main choices would be sheamus and rhodes because they are both likely to be around for a while, are popular, not injury prone, can wrestle AND talk, ect.

My darkhorse pick will always be dibiase jr XD
    Sting wasn't ever in the WWE. He WAS offered a contract like most of the other big WCW names after the buyout, but he sat on the offer for a bit to see how things would begin playing out. He was given the time to think about it with a door open for him should he care to walk through it. He watched some of the initial WWE shows with the former WCW talent and ultimately decided after seeing the infamous Rock burying Booker T by saying, "Who are you?" Sting decided to decline the contract as he felt he would be in buried in a similar manner.

They need to not break the streak as it's one of those legendary accomplishments in the company. Who better to hold such a streak other than perhaps "Mr. Wrestlemania" himself, HBK? (Though for obvious reasons that's a moot point as HBK doesn't have another 20 years as much as some may wish him to.)
    The streak should never be broken. But if it was broken, it should have been broken by HBK. There has been no other WWE superstar that deserved to break the streak more than HBK.
    Great list, my only problem is Jericho. I like him as a wrestler, and think he is very entertaining, but to me he would need to be back on a permanent basis for a few years, before it would even be justifiable for him to be the one to end the streak. What would be the point of him ending it, if a month later he went on a vaca you know?
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.