Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by DARKDAVEVIL
    I think none of this guys have what it takes to make a good match and a great loser vs the Undertaker, I think I rather see in their last match Undertaker vs STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN or how about an Undertaker vs CHRIS JERICHO but I still think that WWE can use 'Taker for an anual match from which they can sell 'Taker vs The Rock, vs Cena, vs Rey Mysterio, vs Alberto Del Rio, vs Foley, vs Wade Barrett I think if its an anual match he can make it to 30-0
    unforunately i think they are trying to play it as every wrestlemania takes a little more out of him and the opponent gets just that much closer....but can't get the job done. Matches with rock Cena, SCSA, Rey, Del Rio wouldnt work for this...
    Great blog.. I do not agree the miz is not experienced enough... as Vince himself has said Miz is the WWE future... But i agree he shouldnt be the guy. His style would definitely need reworking to be able to get Taker over.
    I think none of this guys have what it takes to make a good match and a great loser vs the Undertaker, I think I rather see in their last match Undertaker vs STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN or how about an Undertaker vs CHRIS JERICHO but I still think that WWE can use 'Taker for an anual match from which they can sell 'Taker vs The Rock, vs Cena, vs Rey Mysterio, vs Alberto Del Rio, vs Foley, vs Wade Barrett I think if its an anual match he can make it to 30-0
    I think Foley would be a good choice but has he got one last big match left in him?
    Nice blog. Christian vs Taker would make for a great match, but no one would believe that a "scrawny" Christian could end The Streak. You also need believability here, since it's Taker's final match. That means that The Miz is also taken out. A few years ago, when he was the "Chick Magnet", Taker Tombstoned him and made him look like a joke. The Miz is a main eventer now, but is still not a believable threat to Taker's streak, and he wouldn't have any chemistry with Taker anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyboy14
    Are you blind? Remember the end of the triple threat match at WM 20? Everyone was on their feet SCREAMING for Benoit to get the win.
    Submisions make the ends of matches WAY more exciting, and they get the crowd into the match even more.

I thought of more wrestlers that need a submission:
    Cody Rhodes: Claw Hold
    I know it doesn't sound very effective, but it fits Cody's character. Have him apply it while also gouging his opponents eyes, it becomes a very painful, sadistic move.

Hunico, Epico & Primo: Crossface-Rivera Cloverleaf combo
    These guys need a finisher that will inflict as much as pain as possible, and it can also be performed by any 2 of them.

Drew McIntyre: Figure Four Necklock
    Something I haven't seen before, and a move that sounds very painful. Drew just needs something different about him to be pushed up the ladder, and this would be a step in the right direction.

Just a quick thing......Does anyone else agree with me that EVERY wrestler on the roster needs at least 2 finishers, and have at least 1 submission move in their arsenal, just to make the matches more interesting? Wade Barrett always wins with Wasteland, just give him another couple of ways to finish off an opponent.

Cheers.
    Many wrestlers already use submissions in their matches, to wear down different parts of the body. They are simple moves like a headlock or an armbar, but they do the trick. More of the talent should start using them though. But not everyone can make the crowd get into simple moves like those unless they are really over. That's why having EVERYONE have a submission move isn't the best idea.

I don't want to see Truth with a submission finisher though, it just wouldn't suit him. Barretts at the top of the list for one though, and Sheamus should use the Cloverleaf more often.
    Wade Barrett should use the sugar hold IMO. He's big enough to pull it off convincingly, and it looks like it hurts like hell.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.