Blog Comments

Ziggler currently has the best manager in the business. Vickie gets massive heel responses and is probably the most over female in the entire industry. My only request for Ziggler would be to actually take the other direction and go without a manager. As it stands, he couldnt ask for a better manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Very much true...I'm definitely not a Zigglite. LOL

And that's always been my point with Dolph. People want to see Flair manage him, but don't realize that, 1) Flair is old and not as good with his mic skills and his charisma anymore. He's more of a legendary presence who would get stale very quickly. 2) All it would be is Vickie Guerrero all over again. All of Dolph's heat would come from Flair...not on his own. And he's not a main eventer until he can stand alone. Face or Heel, he needs to do it himself.
    Going back to your HBK/Ziggler analysis. Re-wind back in time, and take a decent glance into Michaels' list of managers (bodyguards) before he hit main event status. Sensational Sherry (Dolphs' equivalent to Vickie), Diesel/Nash or Sid Vicious (I'm not comparing either of them to Swagger, just calling them tag partners). I'm just saying before Dolph can be considered as Champion material, if he were to take a path similar to HBK, he still has a lot of establishing to do.

Even up until the moment Michaels captured gold, he was alined with Jose Lothario as a manager. Hell, if you analyze it, when D-X was formed, he had HHH and Chyna by his side.... It took quite a few years before the Heartbreak Kid established himself as a sole wrestler.

I do agree with you on a side note; Face or heel I'd like to see Ziggler break out on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhEonYx
    Finally the blogging world can put reasoning as to why "The Savior" doesn't care for Mr.Ziggles. Hell after reading your comments, I figured they were blog worthy LOL.

As for the "quote" I'm replying about; I'll agree fully with you. Many people believe Dolph is ready for main event status. Some people think he deserves the gold right now. Others stating a "face" turn is what is needed to give him that push. Personally, Ziggles is still in a "transitional phase". He still has a lot of work to put in, along with improving his mic skills, and building up his credibility.

The HBK route is ideal. I'd hate to see Ziggler hiding behind Flair. If anything, The Nature Boy would overshadow him.
    Very much true...I'm definitely not a Zigglite. LOL

And that's always been my point with Dolph. People want to see Flair manage him, but don't realize that, 1) Flair is old and not as good with his mic skills and his charisma anymore. He's more of a legendary presence who would get stale very quickly. 2) All it would be is Vickie Guerrero all over again. All of Dolph's heat would come from Flair...not on his own. And he's not a main eventer until he can stand alone. Face or Heel, he needs to do it himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior

So, I think he should go the HBK route. Feud with top guys, but not for the title. See how he can stand being in that "next to last" match that has the potential to steal the show. Feud with Christian. Feud with Randy Orton. Feud with Rey Mysterio. Build up his cred, with more than just selling moves. And don't hide him behind Ric Flair. Please.

Finally the blogging world can put reasoning as to why "The Savior" doesn't care for Mr.Ziggles. Hell after reading your comments, I figured they were blog worthy LOL.

As for the "quote" I'm replying about; I'll agree fully with you. Many people believe Dolph is ready for main event status. Some people think he deserves the gold right now. Others stating a "face" turn is what is needed to give him that push. Personally, Ziggles is still in a "transitional phase". He still has a lot of work to put in, along with improving his mic skills, and building up his credibility.

The HBK route is ideal. I'd hate to see Ziggler hiding behind Flair. If anything, The Nature Boy would overshadow him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    I agree with you on the name, he should.just use his real name (Nick Nemeth). His finishers are ok, The Zig Zag looking credible depends on the height he gets and the Sleeperhold would be ok of his opponents didn't counter it everytime.

As for whether or not he'd of made it in the 90's, I think it would be unfair to rule him out straight away, Shawn Michaels was never supposed to make it but he got their by perseverance and determination. To me, Dolph has the same determination as Shawn which is where I think the comparison between them comes from.
    I personally think the Zig Zag is very weak. I'd rather him use Jeff Jarrett's move. That reverse Russian leg sweep thing. That would just come off as a better finisher. Forget the sleeper. He'll never put Cena, Punk, or any top guy away with it.

As for his determination matching Shawn Michaels...perhaps. But he doesn't have HBK's charisma. He doesn't have HBK's mic skills. He may develop them over time, the way HBK had to. I just don't see it now.

He is a good wrestler. I never doubted that. But being a good wrestler doesn't equal world champion. Christian's a good wrestler, how long did it take him? Dean Malenko, phenomenal wrestler...never champ. Ken Shamrock, I thought he was a very good wrestler, but not champion material. And the ultimate in Dolph Ziggler comparisons...Curt Hennig. One of the great wrestlers, but never the champ.

So, I think he should go the HBK route. Feud with top guys, but not for the title. See how he can stand being in that "next to last" match that has the potential to steal the show. Feud with Christian. Feud with Randy Orton. Feud with Rey Mysterio. Build up his cred, with more than just selling moves. And don't hide him behind Ric Flair. Please.

That's pretty much all I got.
    I agree with you on the name, he should.just use his real name (Nick Nemeth). His finishers are ok, The Zig Zag looking credible depends on the height he gets and the Sleeperhold would be ok of his opponents didn't counter it everytime.

As for whether or not he'd of made it in the 90's, I think it would be unfair to rule him out straight away, Shawn Michaels was never supposed to make it but he got their by perseverance and determination. To me, Dolph has the same determination as Shawn which is where I think the comparison between them comes from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum

I'm a fan of Dolph because...
    a) He's good in the ring
    b) He's probably the best seller in the business atm
    c) He's entertaining on the mic (watch Wwe download)
    d) He's a hard worker - to make yourself credible after sending time in a male cheer leading group takes a lot of effort

I don't think he'll be anything like Cena if he becomes the face of the company but he's got the fans support ('let's go Ziggler' chants at NWO) and he handles the media well based on the few interviews I've seen of him. Being the face of the company requires a lot of work and I think Zigglers dedicated enough to make it work.

Just out of interest why aren't you a fan of Ziggler?
    I always give him his credit where it's due. He is good in the ring. He can sell a move. (best in the business? IDK, AJ Styles is pretty damn good too), and I'm sure he's a hard worker. And you're absolutely right. To rebound from a joke of a male cheerleader gimmick, takes a lot. A lot of guts and perserverance.

As for the "let's go Ziggler" chants, I think you can credit about 10% of the live crowd who just happen to be more vocal than the kids and older people. Look at the crowd reaction when he comes out and when he fights. It's very miniscule. When he wins, like 30 people stand up and cheer.

And finally, why don't I like Ziggler? Again, bearkg was absolutely right. I find him overrated. But I'll elaborate.

He's good in the ring, but that doesn't make him a Ric Flair or a Shawn Michaels. I see him more as a Mr Ass. And if you look back, Mr Ass was never a main eventer. I remember making a huge mistake by bashing another blogger for making the statment that he's Ric Flair, Mr Perfect, and Rick Rude all rolled into one. And while I shouldn't have outed the blogger the way I did, I think making that statement is a little outlandish.

I feel Dolph's following stems completely from the fact that WWE just can't create anyone anymore. They've lost their touch in a major way. Can you see Dolph Ziggler, in his form today, getting this sort of following in the mid to late 90's? No. Because there was HBK, Bret Hart, Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Mankind, etc. Where are these stars today? They're making special appearances to save this company because WWE lost the ability to replace them. I'm not just Attitude Era marking out here either.

I feel Dolph Ziggler is a stupid name. I feel his finisher is even more stupid. And every bit of reaction he gets, (until recently) is a result of Vickie Guererro. And if you put Flair in as his manager, he'll just be going from a person who can't draw so he's with Vickie, to a person who can't draw so he's with Flair.

I don't think this response was long enough. LOL.
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.