Blog Comments

"Now I understand Dana White isn't much up for working with WWE but what if he was?" "What if" is irrelevant since he's clearly not. Besides, while you may have a few UFC fans switch over, you will have more people turn away because the association with WWE would be suicide for them. I'm friends with many UFC fans who think wrestling is a complete joke and would be turned off if any of these guys wrestled a match in WWE. It's just a horrible idea. Dana White is too smart a business man to work with WWE. King Mo, who I've admittedly never seen fight, will lose credibility in MMA when he starts wrestling.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIan
    A couple good ideas, but if you are going to tear down the Shield for what they are, do some research. You said they were a rehash of nWo, Nexus, etc...and that the storyline was too generic.

It's too generic; Heel group comes in, attacks faces, spews whatever b.s. they spew to get heel heat, have a match against faces and lose.

Now, maybe you saw a TLC I didn't see...but, as I recall, the Shield ran roughshod over Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Ryback. THAT'S not generic.

The nWo didn't lose too many matches against faces. Just as a referral point.
    I understand your points and thanks for reading!!

With that said, how do you expect the Shield storyline to end? Of course they got put over in their first match for the simple fact it would have been stupid to have them get run over and would have killed any momentum they have built. The thing about wrestling is faces always prevail in the end because they're the good guys.

What is generic about the Shield is the fact they are the typical heel group, wouldn't you agree that a change up in who they attack and showing the true unbiased group they could be would be better?

The comparison to the nWo was based around the fact that they were an all heel group. The same for Nexus, Corre, Evolution, etc etc etc because it's all been done too many times before. It's time to change it up!
    A couple good ideas, but if you are going to tear down the Shield for what they are, do some research. You said they were a rehash of nWo, Nexus, etc...and that the storyline was too generic.

It's too generic; Heel group comes in, attacks faces, spews whatever b.s. they spew to get heel heat, have a match against faces and lose.

Now, maybe you saw a TLC I didn't see...but, as I recall, the Shield ran roughshod over Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Ryback. THAT'S not generic.

The nWo didn't lose too many matches against faces. Just as a referral point.
    Good blog.

TNA is doing that some with King Mo attracting MMA fans, Jesse from Big Brother and Jeff Hardy appearing on Spike's Ink Master. None of these are a real big boom, but it's a start and it's up to their budget.

WWE has a few superstars who would do extremely well in outside markets. The Miz for example is one of their best tools right now because he does so well in PR events or TV guest appearances.
    Gorgeous George, Adorable Adrian Adonis, Golddust, Adrian Street, Ricki Starr (british), and don't forget Lodi & Lenny......................

Pro wrestling has never been afraid of a little "flame" in their game.
    I'd like to say that whomever people decide to fornicate with is their business and theirs alone... But at the same time I'm always wondering who is railing the bellas and why can't I be him. Honestly where a man puts his dick is his business. I don't want to hear about it or see it... Especially if it's gonna be flamboyantly shoved down my throat (metaphorically speaking). But if the guy has the chops then let him compete for the strap. Pat Patterson was the very first IC champ. One of the most historic titles in history. And if what I hear is right, he's gay.
    I saw this blog the other day Poot, and while it is a very well written blog, I refrained from answering at the time because I wasn't sure of my answer. From my own perspective, I think a person, gay straight bi or anything else, is entitled to who they want to be. I do know though, that if CM Punk were a flamboyant gay person on tv, I wouldn't be as excited to see him. Merely for the fact that I don't watch wrestling for that. Still though, very well written blog.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.