View RSS Feed

Kyle Fitta

1. WWE Summerslam 2013 Review

Bray Wyatt vs. Kane: This was the worst “Inferno match” ever, which is saying something because they have all been pretty horrible. The stipulation is just one of the many wacky Vince Russo on LSD concepts that just will not perish. The fire blistering in the air after every bump became a very irritating nuisance, and I am not sure if the fire played a massive factor in this contest feeling ...
  2. WWE, Changing For The Better?

According to multiple sources, Vince McMahon has not been pleased with Monday Night Raw's ratings and rightfully so. Monday Night Raw has battled against both the NBA and the NHL playoffs, and as a result people have seen their ratings decrease. When facing strong competition on TV, WWE loyalist will always use that big competition as an excuse to why the ratings were low. In truth, a TV show itself ...

Updated 06-19-2013 at 04:44 PM by Kyle Fitta

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions , User News
  3. CM Punk, The Best in the World (?)

After CM Punk “turned on the WWE Universe” by clotheslining the People's Champ out of his boots, he kept self-indulgently advertising himself as the “Best in the World" to aggravate the fans. Despite that Punk exceeded John Cena’s merchandise sales while a babyface, and also was still being significantly cheered even as a heel, Vince McMahon, for whatever reason, still ...

Updated 03-29-2013 at 05:22 PM by Kyle Fitta

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  4. The Wrestling Backfire: Some Thoughts on WWE Royal Rumble 2013

Truthfully, I haven’t been following since August, and the reason why is due to mixture of things. But it basically boils down to my interest being devoted to football . However, I always watch the Rumble. So why not write about it, right? The Rumble is easily the second biggest PPV in WWE. The longevity, nostalgia, and importance of the Rumble match itself are essentially unparalleled to

Updated 01-27-2013 at 12:21 AM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  5. The Wrestling Backfire: The Major Problems With Summerslam

On March 31st, 1985, the WWF took their biggest gamble ever: Wrestlemania 1. If it failed, chances are the company would have gone out of business. Despite what WWE wants their fans to presume, there was a “Grand Daddy Of Them All” before Wrestlemania called Starrcade. It was a Jim Crockett Promotions’ pay-per-view to blow off the biggest feuds in the company. In contrast to Starrcade,
  6. The Wrestling Backfire: Thoughts On WWE’s Future “Blockbuster” Summer Idea

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting WWE creative is working on a major angle for the summer. Reportedly, they are working on coming up with a “knocks your socks off” storyline similar to how the Nexus angle captured attention in 2010 and CM Punk did in 2011. There is a lot of pressure to come up with something because of the low ratings and current product.

Before we get

Updated 07-01-2012 at 07:26 AM by Kyle Fitta

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  7. The Wrestling Backfire: An Inside Look At The WWE

WWE put together one of the best and most newsworthy B-PPVS of all time, with Brock Lesnar losing his return match and Cena being beat up so badly that he had to take time off. I asked my friend how long would this hot-streak last. He said a month and I sarcastically said they would cool down in a week. It took a day.

After Extreme Rules, Cena was announced that he had to wrestle at
  8. The Wrestling Backfire: The Problems With WWE's Booking

CB, a writer at insidepulse, wrote a fantastic piece a couple of weeks ago on how WWE’s creative staff is like the Miami Heat of angles: they can start hot but cannot finish. He used a picture perfect example backing up his statement by talking about how poorly the WWE booked the Nexus angle.

The Nexus angle isn’t the only feud the WWE’s creative staff has botched.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.