Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sahu
    THis THis part I truly forgot when i wrote this blog!! Trade cards used to be a major part of our chidhood/teenage....eyebrow rising competitions we used to have in our school/college is another thing I have not mentioned...

Thanks for reminding them Phani!!!n r u from AP??
    You're welcome dude, and Oh Hell yes! I'm from AP
    We used to collect trading cards and play with them. Our school used to conduct inspections every now and then to make sure students aren't carrying any of them, lol.
    THis THis part I truly forgot when i wrote this blog!! Trade cards used to be a major part of our chidhood/teenage....eyebrow rising competitions we used to have in our school/college is another thing I have not mentioned...

Thanks for reminding them Phani!!!n r u from AP??
    I am from India myself and I understand what you mean by wrestling being a taboo (though its an extreme word to use in the context), but till date wrestling is looked at as violent form of sport watched by those with twisted minds or teenagers or low class people. But being born out of a family with broad-minded people, I've started watching wrestling as a kid with my dad, lol. I still remember watching HBK vs Razor Ramon - the famous ladder match, at my friend's place together with my other buddies. We used to collect trading cards and play with them. Our school used to conduct inspections every now and then to make sure students aren't carrying any of them, lol.

Star sports India used to air WWF back then and Indian cable operators always used to take the channel off every time there's no cricket match and this used to piss me off and slowly that and increasing load of studies led me to stop watching wrestling. After a few years, I started watching wrestling again, and the first thing I watched after my return to wrestling programming was this guy who looked like a black Elvis Presley with his sunglasses on talking trash, referring to himself in 3rd person, pure personification of attitude and arrogance. And I started loving being a wrestling fan again. I used to change my haircut, learnt to raise my eyebrow, and started asking my friends to Bring It. All that crazy stuff a hardcore fan in his teenages would do. Everyone else started "Growin Up" and their interest in wrestling faded as life got more serious, but not for me! I only took it to new levels, talking like The Great One on the mic at college events during my graduation, starting my speech on the stage with "Finally The Rock has come back to 'the event's name'" and ending it with "If ya smellalalala......." lol.

For me, The Rock has rekindled my interest in wrestling again after a long gap. And that's the reason I added it to my ID. I can write a long story about it, but this in short explains why there's a reason The Rock still draws and has his hardcore fan-following.
    From a fellow Rocky fan; Nice read.
    So its a blog from an Indian bro & a bangladeshi bro has commented,me being from Pakistan must add that Yes,THE ROCK was the reason 1000's got interested in wrestling in PK & this interest spread country wide in not time & Till this day i dont think any other superstar is liked as much as THE ROCK & a very close 2nd SCSA.I remember not only children or teenagers but also grown up men wearing those ROCK t-shirts & we used to talk about wrestling just like we talk about CRICKET(the most famous sports in india,pakistan & bangladesh).Just like Sahu,my interest faded after Attitude Era finished,but the return of Rock in Feb 2011 has brought many of us old timers back with it.I know he'll make only few appearances,but for us his few appearances are like gold compared to be away for seven long years & much much better then a year long Cena BS..
    True nafees bhai...The Rock n SCSA were n are perhaps the most popular in sub-continent followed by may be taker and Kane...

I myself had a huge collection of The Rock's and Stone cold's Shirts...It used to be cool to say "It doesn't matter"; "roody poo and candy ass" n the most famous one used to be "If u smell..." and also it used to be cool to show middle finger like SCSA!!!
    So its a blog from an Indian bro & a bangladeshi bro has commented,me being from Pakistan must add that Yes,THE ROCK was the reason 1000's got interested in wrestling in PK & this interest spread country wide in not time & Till this day i dont think any other superstar is liked as much as THE ROCK & a very close 2nd SCSA.I remember not only children or teenagers but also grown up men wearing those ROCK t-shirts & we used to talk about wrestling just like we talk about CRICKET(the most famous sports in india,pakistan & bangladesh).Just like Sahu,my interest faded after Attitude Era finished,but the return of Rock in Feb 2011 has brought many of us old timers back with it.I know he'll make only few appearances,but for us his few appearances are like gold compared to be away for seven long years & much much better then a year long Cena BS..
    Akbar bhai...it was not taboo in cities like Hyderabad and Mumbai...but surely in smaller towns...I'm from a small town..so it's surely a taboo..and u are talking abt your granma..but, I had such experiences with my sister who's just 4yrs elder than me....esp when E&C does the two men con chair to...she always used to make my day..:d

deadly56: thanx bro!!! yeah it was a tough task for us to see pro-wrestling esp back then, internet was not popular and was very expensive n always treated as a luxury...I used to fight with my sister who used to see music channels, my mother who used to see soaps and my pa...wanted to see news...lols....that was all fun..:d
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.