Blog Comments

yeah Koushik..WWE has a natural benefit over other promotions...WCW is big in may be US but not in idnia..we all are WWF guys started watching from Bret Hart days..What they have to do is just put some small program in India and they can have more money...
    Nice blog on an interesting topic, Sahu!
    I agree that Indian market has a huge potential for WWE, especially with two of its current stars having Indian origins, as you've mentioned. In fact WWE doesn't even need an Indian superstar for its programming to be successful in India, except for promotional purposes. Khali is highly popular, I agree, and he's very much interested in wrestling industry - his passion is very obvious, with him opening a wrestling school, etc.
    TNA's Ring ka King has been success in India, and they did it with only one Indian wrestler on the roster, whom not many Indian wrestling fans recognize. For most of the Indians, wrestling is WWE, and any other organization will be branded as a copy-cat. Yet TNA managed to make its mark with a proper televised programming that lasted for weeks and had a success in the market. WWE has been very well known for the last 20 years in India and has a huge potential for success out there.
    They can tie up with movie stars to do some special celebrity events like they do for WM. Indian movie industry recently has some physically well-built stars who can actually look like they are a threat to WWE stars in looks department, and can do decent storylines with them. WWE has a huge roster, and many of them are underutilized on regular programming. These can be sent over to India to do a 1-2 month programming like TNA did, with some big faces included and a couple movie celebrities - and you can expect a huge success right there.
    A very interesting blog. I guess india is a huge market and the WWE would be wise to try to open it up more efficiently.
    Very interesting to see an 'inside view' on the topic, and the blog itself is well readable. thumbs up!
    ThanX bro...Sure WWE or any other wrestling promotion can have huge business if they act wisely...
    A very interesting blog. I guess india is a huge market and the WWE would be wise to try to open it up more efficiently.
    Very interesting to see an 'inside view' on the topic, and the blog itself is well readable. thumbs up!
    Thanks Riku!! Even I thought of Jinder being that STAR on whose shoulders they can build Indian Market before writing this blog.

But, his Canadian Background is reducing his connectivity with the INDIANS...the same problem was there for Sonjy Dutt but, he overcame it with his attitude in RKK...

I love Jinder esp his pagdi (turban) and sherwani...he can wrestle well...even if he becomes a successful character in WWE..he cannot carry the Indian Market...

Among Khali and Jinder on any given day Khali can take that responsibility since, Jinder lacks that natural Indian fragrance (woh mittiki khuhboo nahi hai)...

That's why we need another wrestler who have both the qualities...the connectivity of Khali and the skill of Jinder...
    Great blog Sahu .I am also from India agree with most of your points . Though I feel Jinder Mahal is a good choice for WWE .

They should bring out Jinder from 3MB and he should continue with his indian gimmick with turban and Sherwani .

His Canadian background is a problem though as Indian audience although can identify him as an Indian but still never heard of him . Which was not a problem for Khali because he was already very popular in Punjab .

Jinder is a solid wrestler .All he needs is character building and TV time and opportunity .
    You're welcome dude, and Oh Hell yes! I'm from AP
    I got it from your name...I'm from Vijayawada....nice meeting you bro!!!8)

currently i'm in Chennai from past 4 yrs...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.