Blog Comments

Steve Blackman is the reason why I like plain flavored rice cakes.
    best satire blog ever!!!! hahahaha
    Seems as if the formatting is messed up on the page. It works great on my site. Thanks for the props though.
    This is the best blog of all time
    I don't really think it is really the PG holding it back as much of the lack of talented young wrestlers. I mean the WWE had a lot of the best matches in it's history pre-attitude era. I see three main problems with the WWE these days:

1.) WWE has older talent that can still put on a good show(Taker,Kane , Mysterio, Christian, HHH, etc) but honestly while these guys can put on a good show their bodies are really taking a beating(Taker, HHH and Mysterio in particular) and there will be a time when they can't do it anymore. The thing problem is there won't be enough equally talented guys to replace them when they're gone if the WWE continues in the direction they’re going in. The problem with most of the younger guys is they severely lack in in-ring talent, have terrible to barely acceptable mic skills, and have little to no character/gimmick. Character/gimmicks aren't necessary if you have great in-ring skills but they are a must if you don’t.

2.) Another thing wrong with the WWE is the main guys are fighting the same people 2-3 weeks in a row back in the attitude era two stars would feud but there would be a week or two in between when one or both of them would fight a jobber or another main star and they'd keep the feud going with promos, backstage attacks or interferences in their rival's matches. This doesn't seem to happen till the peak of a feud these days.(if it happens at all.) That type of stuff kept feuds going and added some variety to things rather than the same thing over and over again. The creative department seems to be lacking creativity these days although this seems to be a problem across the industry and not just limited to the WWE.

3.) CENA! He needs a gimmick change. I could see him being an awesome heel but anything other than this "guy who wins with the odds against him" gimmick he has been using for the past 6 years would be nice. You would be a fool to say he doesn't have good in-ring talent but the thing is that these days he doesn't seem to use it, he just uses his "super moves"(or whatever you want to call them) I remember him putting on some awesome matches with Angle and Taker early in his career but in recent years he has moved farther and farther from using that talent. I do admit in the past(including posts in forums and blogs on this site) I said Cena had no in-ring talent but I was blinded by my annoyance with is extremely stale gimmick and the fact that these days he really seems to not work to his full potential these days.

Does anyone else agree with me?
    Updated 09-08-2011 at 08:56 PM by wrestlingfan316
    I've never really had a problem with the pg aspect of it. It was abysmal writing lack of actual wrestling that was killing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonod
    This is one of the best threads I've read on here for open minded and critical debate. I agree with a lot of what your saying Braxton, Nostalgia is a dangerous thing, its nostalgia that makes me like the early 90's so much and a lot of that is actually a bit cringe-worthy as an adult. I think one thing the PG era has over almost any other time in wrestling is the in ring quality.
    That's precisely what I want people to do. Thanks for the compliments.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.