View RSS Feed

Big JM

1. THE DES 5: Wellness Policy ups and downs

It seems that this week will start off with some good news, so far. With Raw ratings bombing, it happens, Jericho practically becoming a foreign enemy in Brazil, and Orton now suspended for his second or third time, I have to admit I was relieved to see Cody Rhodes off the hook thanks to a prescription. I like, some of you for sure, was confused by his 'Time Off' twitter post after Over the Limit, ...
  2. The DES 4: The Hart Brothers (Dream Matches)

I just finished Bret Hart's book and caught the Greatest Rivalries DVD, and it got me looking into some of Bret's old matches. For those of you who don't know or forget, Bret had a lengthy feud with his brother Owen. Well of course, I looked into Owen's old matches and I forgot how talented the Hart Brothers were together, as opponents and as allies. I figured I'd just throw some dream matches out

Updated 04-27-2012 at 10:39 PM by BigJM (Shorten title)

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  3. The Double Edge Sword 3: Brock's Video Promo

I wanted to take some time before I wrote about this topic. I the vibe I have been getting from fans reactions ranges from an excellent piece show casing Brock's strengths to THE GREATEST VIDEO IN WWE SINCE BROCK LEFT! I'll be brief at to the point with this addition on the video.

Pros:
    • Brock's delivery is great. He has a Jake Robert's like delivery here in that he makes slight
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Double Edge Sword 2: David Otunga

Having just watched Monday Night Raw, I can't help but get a little draw-in to the WWE's story lines. I guess they are doing a great job to get the audience to believe the content if I want to see Otunga get destroyed by Cena as fodder. Well, that's the wrestler/superstar David Otunga. To be honest, I want to like him as a heel, but I feel he is being forced with Johnny Ace to get the associated heat. ...
    Tags: david otunga
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Double Edge Sword #01: Brock Lesnar

Hey, I haven't done a blog here in awhile so I figured I try something different. I figured I'd do a series that would look at the pros and cons of certain issues, wrestlers, and anything else relevant to the sport and entertainment of wrestling. I figured I'd tackle a recent topic in the wrestling world; Brock Lesnar's return to the WWE. Is it good for business or is it just for a cheap thrill? ...

Updated 04-09-2012 at 03:10 AM by Rated_R(ob)KO

Tags: brock lesnar
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  6. House Shows vs. TV vs. Internet vs. Pay-Per-View

With Zack Ryder talking about how the Internet championship is the 'new' Television championship, I was thinking about what kinds of events the WWE generally has nowadays. Besides RAW, Smackdown, special country airings, and NXT, the WWE has a pretty diverse market. They have the two main shows, which Raw and SD are both televised, one live and one taped, then played at a later date. They have NXT, ...
  7. How Long Should Title Reigns Be?

So it seems with Rey Mysterio having one hour and 30 minutes total of holding the belt, (oops!) I mean title and CM Punk being declared the undisputed champion for all of five minutes at Summerslam, it seems like title reigns are getting shorter and shorter these days, huh? I don't know if this reasoning is from the new generation of viewers who shift focus from topic to topic like web pages. The ...

Updated 09-06-2011 at 09:50 AM by Frank

Tags: championship
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  8. Divas Division: Going through its many phase

With Gail Kim’s departure and Beth Phoenix’s push into Summerslam, the Diva’s Division has been one of the hot topics of the internet lately. Some say Beth’s push is much deserved, it will bring a real champion to the belt, and the division was getting stale. Others are saying it is only happening due to Punk’s new pull power backstage, that she is the better place holder before Kharma returns ...

Updated 08-07-2011 at 12:59 PM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  9. The Company Champion: Just HOW untouchable is he?

The WWE IWC has been a buzz lately. With CM Punk appearing at indie shows and Comic Con, people are wondering how long this story will go on for; is CM Punk still under contract, and what can he do before it becomes a legal/discipline problem. Most people seem to think this story is part of HHH's master plan as new onsite/TV authority figure to allow Vince a lighter load. For the most part, Punk doesn't ...
  10. The Three Stooges: Rounding out Triple H's 'regime' as on-screen Chairman

I know I am not the only person talking about this topic and I really want to get my two cents in, so here it goes. Triple H is expected to be the new TV authority figure of the WWE, so we all suspect/believe at least. So with John 'Johnny Ace' Laurinaitis appearing on screen twice now and having an article and apology written about him as 'McMahon's stooge', one has to think where this will go for ...

Updated 07-21-2011 at 10:29 PM by BigJM (touch up)

Tags: cm punk, triple h
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.