Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by dmt4life
    thats the thing Dr.D, I'm not talking just a decision victory, I'm talking a GSP one sided beat down like many of his previous fights, you look at the guys he completely destroyed but still went into the championship rounds with, BJ Penn, Josh Kos, Thiago Alves, John Finch, Jake Shields, Dan Hardy, all these guys were pretty much outclassed and in a way humiliated skill wise, except for maybe BJ, all of them havent been the same fighters since, this is what I mean when I talk about a 5 round humiliation decision victory. Whether GSP can actually accomplish this, or Diaz shocks the world, well we will find out this upcoming weekend.
    I see your point here and I have to agree about the way GSP Dominated his past opposition. That could indeed be a blow to Diaz's ego. Either way I believe that come March 16, we'll be in for a great fight and I am looking forward to watching what should be a very exciting night.
    thats the thing Dr.D, I'm not talking just a decision victory, I'm talking a GSP one sided beat down like many of his previous fights, you look at the guys he completely destroyed but still went into the championship rounds with, BJ Penn, Josh Kos, Thiago Alves, John Finch, Jake Shields, Dan Hardy, all these guys were pretty much outclassed and in a way humiliated skill wise, except for maybe BJ, all of them havent been the same fighters since, this is what I mean when I talk about a 5 round humiliation decision victory. Whether GSP can actually accomplish this, or Diaz shocks the world, well we will find out this upcoming weekend.
    I'm not so sure that a decision victory here will humiliate anyone. Diaz knows that the judges don't like him personally and if this does indeed go to decision I would expect Diaz to use this common knowledge as fuel to the fire. He would ultimately claim that the judges were biased as he did with Condit when he beat Diaz via Unanimous Decision. If Diaz hopes to win he must either KO/TKO or Submit GSP. A very tough task indeed, but not impossible.
    I agree with this having decision written all over it, and I dont say this because of the style match up, I say this because of GSP's mentality going into the fight, GSP wants to make a point, he wants to humiliate Diaz, a KO or Submission will not do this, if GSP dictates this fight, it will be a carbon copy of his second fight with BJ Penn, what would be more humiliating to Diaz than being completely dominated and outclassed for 5 full rounds?
    Diaz lost his last fight by unanimous decision, has not had a fight in well over a year, tested positive for marijuana in a post-fight drug test., and he still gets a title shot????? Looks to me like someone is scared of the Big Rig.
    There is a huge chance this goes to decision, but I don't think that's what either of them want. I really hope that both Diaz and GSP actually fight instead of running, that is starting to be annoying when we get a chance to see a great fight and we get "shadow dancing". Hopefully one of them wants it bad enough to take some risk.
    I think this fight has decision all over it, as much talk as there is I think there will be some very defensive fighting happening
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.