Blog Comments

I agree with most of the stuff you are saying but about John Cena (tbh never cared for Cena from the very beginning) beating Flairs streak, it really doesn't bother me because they have 2 world titles which makes it easier to reach those numbers.Hell I bet if Edge hadn't retired he could easily have done the same considering he has won the WWE title 4 times and WHC 7 which means he (Edge) has 11 world championships under his belt.If you think about it John Cena is really only a 10 time big prize winner because as much as I prefer the WHC it's a secondary title on a secondary show (hate saying that about Smackdown because most of my favorite WWE wrestlers are there).
    I respect Cena the man, he's a hard worker, and does what he's payed to do.. make Vince more money, he works his ass off every day.. the CHARACTER on the other hand.. is a soggy mix up of Superman, GI Joe and Vanilla Ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marx
    PG has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of storyline and mechanic and predictive wrestling. Two different phenomena, which co-incidently are present in the current era.

Cursing and bleeding aren't necessary to produce good wrestling. When I see Ric Flair bleeding again I just think: dude, not necessary.. though I agree sometimes it adds to the impact (Undertaker vs. Triple H part I, hammer shot to the head, for instance). But if that's all we have to miss, so be it.

My point is: personally I'd like the PG to go, but it's not the (only, main) reason WWE isn't as good as it used to be. The main reason is lack of roster depth, bad writing, and so-so wrestling. I truly believe you can make PG-wrestling work, maybe it's harder, but possible.
    I completely agree Marx. WWE being PG has nothing to do with the WWE creatives. It just means that WWE needs to step there games up.
    WWE Creative Team = Right To Censor
    PG has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of storyline and mechanic and predictive wrestling. Two different phenomena, which co-incidently are present in the current era.

Cursing and bleeding aren't necessary to produce good wrestling. When I see Ric Flair bleeding again I just think: dude, not necessary.. though I agree sometimes it adds to the impact (Undertaker vs. Triple H part I, hammer shot to the head, for instance). But if that's all we have to miss, so be it.

My point is: personally I'd like the PG to go, but it's not the (only, main) reason WWE isn't as good as it used to be. The main reason is lack of roster depth, bad writing, and so-so wrestling. I truly believe you can make PG-wrestling work, maybe it's harder, but possible.
    I'm convinced that it's a conspiracy ^
    I also miss when heels could win.
    Updated 06-22-2011 at 12:01 AM by zrdt12
    agreed, for example 2/3 years ago the great khali was feuding with the undertaker, 2 months ago when it was 'the rocks' birthday he was dressed up as a damn tooth fairy! least hes got a storyline now where he's not a joke!
    and WWE should try to bring back the boogeyman, but if they did they wont have him be as grotesque and creepy as he was before, knowing WWE they would give him story lines where he scares the kids and 'supercena' saves the lil' jimmys from the boogeyman and then hes completely buried, and also if R-truth isn't wwe champion by the end of the year its criminal! love his new gimmick since turning heel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.