Blog Comments

EY is sheer comedy gold, absolutely love the man. He is pretty damn good in the ring as well. I'd love to see him get a title shot. I personally think an EY/Santino tag team would be all around great, in either promotion. I'd like to see him stay with TNA, but mostly because there should be 2 great wrestling companies, and I think TNA really has that potential...

What TNA needs to do to improve more is a long and varied list, but they've been improving. I'll be tuning in in 40 minutes, largely to see what happens next with EY and ODB.

Incidently, I used to absolutely LOATHE ODB, TNA can thank EY for turning that around. Fair props to her, she's done a great job in her skits with him as well.
    I agree completely regarding EY. He has played every single role imaginable and to perfection each time. I really thought as the leader of The World Elite that he would succeed and finally be given a serious run as a main event guy. He has proven his worth and the fans believe in him regardless on the gimmick. Santino is funny but doesn't quite have the charm or versatility of EY (maybe he will prove me wrong in the future) I feel EY deserves his shot, along with Daniels, and Bully Ray at the big strap in TNA.
    ive also noticed his talent and potential to be something great. from what ive seen watching EY since his team canada days i can say eric ticks all the boxes to be a true main eventer. *he's got the wrestling ability, *brilliant mic skills, *he's been over more than most of the main eventers for years, *he's very funny, a true entertainer, that seems to come naturally to him. however i dont think he should go to another promotion yet the thing hes doing with odb is quite entertaining and is giving him more airtime than he had before so he may move on to bigger things from this. *fingers crossed*

now someone else will come in at some point and say no santino is funnier than EY. and if im right they will be the typical WWE marks that cant accept anyone outside their "Universe" is better.

and now after that ill be judged as a TNA mark and they will be right difference is i accept what i am just like i was a WWF and ECW mark all them years ago. and now im rambling on to a WWE mark that does exsist...............yet. so i will stop lol.
    Updated 01-26-2012 at 04:14 PM by matt1tude
    At first I didn't care for Kurt, but over the years I've come to respect & appreciate the man's incredible wrestling talent. Yeah, I aggree that whole"Olympic Gold Medalist" thing as long since run it's course & like everyone else he just wanted to beat Flair's number of title reigns but Kurt Angle is one of the best in the world today...Hands Down!!!
    Personally I'd like to see Angle retire from TNA and then a short time later go to the wwe as a backstage agent or something. I think a lot of the younger talents and up and comers could benefit from his experience. Good blog though bro, I enjoyed reading it
    Personally I'd like to see him stay in TNA, he plays a vicious heel and I think it works better at TNA than at the PG-13 WWE level. I'd love to see the Main Event Mafia reform... I know it got shot down when Booker went with WWE (can't blame him), and further wrecked when they allowed Nash to go back as well, but I think they could restart it with fresh faces.

They could keep Angle as a manager feuding w/ Sting as the GM (except Angle can still wrestle, likely for the next few years), and Steiner as en enforcer, also with occasional matches, but mostly for his intimidating presence. They could basically take Immortal's spot... keep Bischoff entirely in the backroom. Flair could maybe be a manager, but frankly (all respect to his past career) I'd rather just see him make way for the fresher talent, he could be an Ambassador like Hogan, do interviews, cut promos as commercials, but not on show.

TNA should do their best to keep Angle around, as he's one of the linchpins of their show. I would like to see him (and Sting) get inducted into the WHoF eventually, but it'll probably have to wait until they're no longer affiliated with TNA. It's unfortunate, but I can understand Vince not wanting to let TNA claim they have anyone in it... even though they do w/ Flair and Hogan both.
    Angle said he would stay in ring a for 2 years, I think in TNA then take a backstage role helping others with their skills and some stories (which would be great since he is a good judge in wrestling talent). He isn't hogging the title at all and put Storm over clean which is great.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.