View RSS Feed

Parallax

1. Survivor series 2011 review

Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison - Good opening match. But I think we all knew Ziggler was going to win. As if Morrison apparently heading towards unemployment wasn't bad enough, the guy has to hear how much the MSG crowd wanted Ryder in the match instead of him. Ryder coming out was the only thing that kept the crowd from chanting Morrison out of the building with the "Na na na, na na na, ...

Updated 11-21-2011 at 12:37 AM by Parallax

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Getting the Poison Out: Why is being a "mark" a bad thing?

Wrestling fans are referred to within the wrestling business as "marks"

The term was used for decades of course, but many of us didn't know it existed. But it was fair. It implied that we didn't know what was going on. That we thought what we were watching was real. And most of all, that we were willing to pay money to see it. Which we did. We were all "marks" ...
  3. Getting the Poison Out: An (attempted) honest look at John Cena.

Alright well, we all have our opinions on John Cena. Most of the "IWC" has no use for the guy. They/we don't dislike Cena the man, just the performer. But I haven't seen too many people take a honest look at the performer without giving in to their personal dislike of him. So I'm gonna give it a shot by looking at the facts about him as a performer, and then throw in my personal opinion ...

Updated 10-15-2011 at 03:11 PM by Parallax (typos)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Getting the Poison Out: Money in the Bank indeed!!

Watched most of the MITB PPV last night. Thought I'd throw out a few thoughts.

Smackdown MITB - Didn't see the match as I came home late last night, but I heard it was pretty damn good. Nice to see Daniel Bryan win it. Don't think anyone saw that coming. I'll go ahead and call it the first swerve of the night. And I guess Sheamus looked pretty good in the match as well.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Getting the Poison Out: WWE's Star-making formula

When I was a little fella, I remember that many of the guys that eventually became the WWF Champ, or at least really big stars, always seemed to be an IC Champ, King of the Ring, Tag Team Champ, or Rumble winner on their way up the ladder. It never dawned on me that it was more that just a coincidence. I was a young mark back then, ya see.

But of course it was intentional. It was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Top Wrestlers of the WWE

Decided to start blogging here just to "get the poison out", so to speak, about my thoughts on various things in the wrestling business. Starting with the top guys in WWE.

John Cena - Always compared to Hogan. Don't get why. Hogan's promos were always fun. Cena's are boring. Even when he was a heel rapper, all his promos did was give the crowd an excuse to yell a swear ...

Updated 06-02-2011 at 06:45 PM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions , User News

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.