Blog Comments

I really enjoyed his Mysterio feud, but his Cena feud going into WM26 sucked big time. I'm excited for his return, I want Batista/Lesnar which is almost a decade in the making type of dream match. People were asking for that match clear back in the summer of 05. Hopefully his return doesn't end up like RVDs where he feuded with guys who you didn't really care if he faced. Guys like Ambrose/Del Rio.....really? No summerslam match on the ppv? Left after boring Del Rio? BOOK BATISTA RIGHT!!
    Brilliant reply, total respect for your opinion on the matter. Differing opinions, that's all
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake
    I am not saying the wcw had a bad attitude itself, that's fucking retarded, I am saying the people who were in charge of it had a bad attitude.
    Hey we all have opinions I just disagree with your analysis. I don't think the creative people at WCW had a bad attitude, they were always hoping to turn the tide back right up until the end. I don't doubt Eric Bischoffs attitude, not even Vince Russo's attitude although I can barely remember a thing he did right, but he was trying his best with his limited creative skillset. Some of the big name wrestlers clearly did have a bad attitude, i don't disagree with that, but not many.

A company/organisation is made up of many individual talents and to say WCW had a bad attitude as a whole is a bit silly imho when most of the creative personnel and performers tried their best for the company the whole time, it was just some of the creative ideas SUCKED from 99 onwards, things got a bit stale, people who should have been elevated weren't & people turned away to the cooler brand (WWF), the fresher face. Bad ideas & bad execution not bad attitude imho.
    Thanks bearkg88 Great to be back

@tommytopographic I'm not thrashing wCw (or WcW or WCW), just because I'm talking about how their attitude contributed to them falling, doesn't mean I'm thrashing them. When you're younger you don't appreciate things, and the bulk of my "thrashing" on this is from my recollections as a stupid teenager. wcw bashng is beyong tiresome, and that't not what I'm doing.

You can give a company human characteristics, it is run by humans, except it is a collections of humans, you take Bischoffs attitude, Ted Turners attitude, Hogans attitude, Stong, Nash, Hall, Savage and Goldberg's attitude, you put them and all the other attitudes together and you get an overall attitude. You absolutely can give companies human characteristics (companies all have ego) and if they didn't have them they would never succeed in business. It wasn't just a separate entity, it was in control by all the big players that were there, by their attitudes.

I am not saying the wcw had a bad attitude itself, that's fucking retarded, I am saying the people who were in charge of it had a bad attitude. "he bad management definitely led to some wrestlers being apathetic and just picking up pay checks" - Thats bad attitude right there. "infamous Schiavone Mick Foley comment" - Bad attitude, it took for it to blow up in their faces until they finally realized it. "increasingly badly run by the bureaucrats and by the likes of Russo" - Bad attitude.

wCw (or WCW or WcW) had a bad attitude man. I've explained all why here, wwf had a good attitude. Companies do have human characteriestics, otherwise how would they survive in the human race? Here's my introduction quote again relating companies and attitude "
    It will make or break a company...a church....a home."
    This blog reminded me that i need to blog on what made WCW great (and its WCW not wCw, that was a WWF thing!).
    Sure the last few years were poor but millions of people enjoyed WCW both live, on TV and PPV. WCW bashing is bit tiresome these days, its been out of business for 12 years.

Your recollection differs from mine, I started watching in the start of 1999 and after the infamous Schiavone Mick Foley comment, the WWF bashing was quietly put to bed. WCW was a company not a person, you can't give a company human characteristics, WCW was increasingly badly run by the bureaucrats and by the likes of Russo. Bad management, yes, but bad attitude? I don't think so although the bad management definitely led to some wrestlers being apathetic and just picking up pay checks. Despite that, right up until the bitter end there was lots to enjoy.
    Updated 11-05-2013 at 03:26 PM by tommytopographic
    I do remember reading your last blog, and thought it was a shame to see you go away. Glad to see you back. I enjoyed reading this blog! Hopefully we all see some more from you sooner rather than later
    watched raw guys, was great seeing lesnar back, cole also sold his awesomeness like back in the day (he was always good at promoting lesnar on sd). what could happen from here? I dont know, hope everything goes well. I think its gonna get really good, but I'm going out on a high, best way to go i think. im sure it will get better right now but its lost its sparkle as far as im concerned.

cheers for your repsonses lads, your a good bunch at this site.
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.