Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    cena made barrett, miz and cm punk look like mid-card wrestlers than main event guys. and i'm not even going to comment on that bit u mentioned about his 5 moves of doom. anybody with half a brain could figure that out, but then again you're a cena fan so i don't expect you to have a brain.
    Wow. I don't have a brain because i'm a fan of Cena, really? Also, Wade Barrett was a nobody from NXT but got put in a feud with Cena and looked like a million bucks. Miz was put in a feud with Cena when he first went to Raw and even though he lost, it still elevated him to main event status. Punk beat Cena for god sakes!!! How did that make him look like a mid-carder??? Also, Cena does the 5 moves of doom, who cares??? His matches are still good, if not, great so why should it matter? Its just fake fighting so him doing the five moves of doom means nothing. Another one of your points bites the dust.
    [QUOTE=WWTNA Mark;bt4556]So your going to completely ignore the fact that he put over Punk, Barrett, and Miz right? Also, the 5 moves of doom thing is getting pretty old. Some people has a sequence of moves like Hogan and Michaels and others don't. I really don't see how Cena using 5 sequences of moves makes him a bad wrestler.[/QUOTE]

cena made barrett, miz and cm punk look like mid-card wrestlers than main event guys. and i'm not even going to comment on that bit u mentioned about his 5 moves of doom. anybody with half a brain could figure that out, but then again you're a cena fan so i don't expect you to have a brain.
    I hate cena but I respect him I hate him always main eventin bein super cena the best wrestling is cena is injured talent is different neww stories
    Here is my opinion on Cena. Cena has three facets to him. He has public Cena, the character Cena, and the person John Cena. The public Cena does all the promotional things outside of the ring. Make-A-Wish, appearances, and so on. The character Cena, is well, what he is on TV. The person John Cena, is who he is backstage outside of the ring. I have no problem with the public or the person, its just the character I have a problem with. It seems like 90% of the time he is there, he either has the title, or is trying to get it. Now sure, HHH and Taker and even Orton are there all the time as well, but those guys are overly popular with the fans. The character to me just seems like it is being shoved down our throats, and that is what people have a problem with. People that don't like him are never going to and likewise with the people that do.

Comparing him to any other superstar (wrestler), is just ridiculous. People like Hogan, Bret, Warrior, Perfect, etc. are from a different time and a different era. The business was different back then. Same thing when it comes to Rock and Stone Cold.

Cena does however, need to overhaul his moveset. Five moves of doom, along with the suplexes and leg drop, are not going to cut it anymore. Now sure other wrestlers have there own "moves of doom", but they at least have more offense during their matches. It's just the whole Superman gimmick is old. Turning him heel, I think, is not the solution to making Cena more likeable with the fans. Also, it will never happen anyway. We will just have to live with Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by knox
    Great Blog...

Absolutely nothing is wrong with Cena. The man does what the hell he is told and carries the gimmick he was given and people complain. Its the ignorance of the fans. John Cen is the leader of the New Era so they hate him. PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE THAT THE ATTITUDE ERA IS OVER!!! MOVE ON.

And for those who say Cena cant wrestle are crazy. He has a hell of a moveset but can only do what he's told. Check out Cena when he was the Prototype
    Thank you, this is my first blog and I was kinda nervous.

I guess what's frustrating is that people don't seem to understand that the WWE is trying to make RAW and Smackdown more kid friendly. It's also frustrating that most people don't seem to respect Cena for doing a hell of a job, even though it's costing him good matches.

I really wish he would wrestle like he did when he was the Prototype. But again, it's not his fault, so I respect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    how can one use Hogan as an Example in today's generation and face of the wwe, John Cena?

Hogan could work well with most talent, make them look good and put them over in decent matches because not only could he talk, but he has WRESTLING PSYCHOLOGY & KNOWLEDGE. That's the big difference between Cena & Hogan. Without the knowledge/psychology factor, Cena can't bring anything new to the table besides his 5 moves of doom. I've never seen Cena make another wrestler look like gold or yet, lead another wrestler below him to a 4-5 star match.
    So your going to completely ignore the fact that he put over Punk, Barrett, and Miz right? Also, the 5 moves of doom thing is getting pretty old. Some people has a sequence of moves like Hogan and Michaels and others don't. I really don't see how Cena using 5 sequences of moves makes him a bad wrestler.
    how can one use Hogan as an Example in today's generation and face of the wwe, John Cena?

Hogan could work well with most talent, make them look good and put them over in decent matches because not only could he talk, but he has WRESTLING PSYCHOLOGY & KNOWLEDGE. That's the big difference between Cena & Hogan. Without the knowledge/psychology factor, Cena can't bring anything new to the table besides his 5 moves of doom. I've never seen Cena make another wrestler look like gold or yet, lead another wrestler below him to a 4-5 star match.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.