Blog Comments

I completely disagree. I think with the way wrestling is now there is NO such thing as a mid-card. You have your Mid-card matches but I don't think you have dedicated mid-card talent anymore. There are people that are booked to be more relevant and that's simply because they are. It's seriously all about the fans. If the fans react to you they will put you on TV more to get ratings.

I think the only sure fire "Main Eventers" Are: Cena, Del Rio and CM Punk. I only say that because I believe a large number of fans will always pay to see those guys win or lose right now. Everyone else on the card will have their select groups but not nearly as overwhelming.
    Can you explain to me how orton is booked as superman? He loses all the time and just lost **SPOILERS** to mark Henry on smackdown. If anything he has been irrelevant for a whole now and I can't wait for him to turn heel
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl
    And honestly, I think this started when Foley won the world title, followed by Jericho becoming the first undisputed champion. Dont get me wrong, I was/am a big fan of those 2...
    Actually I think it all started when they did the brand split. They had two different championships so they created a lot of main eventers to go for the titles. The problem now is that the two championships are kinda irrelevant.
    My favorite all time wrestler is Jake Roberts and he never held the WWE or WCW Titles. He could be in main event programs or could be the guy to prepare others for a main event program, but he still was below Hogan, Andre & Warrior on the WWF pecking order.

When you have too many "main eventers" you are building guys well, but your product isn't the same. That's why HHH said he wanted title reigns to be much longer and why Punk held the strap for well over a year.
    What I don't get is why the WWE just doesn't get the main eventers who aren't doing anything to feud. They had Sheamus feud with Henry and Christian for a while on, but it seems now they refuse to invest in a story that doesn't involve the world title.
    If there was a brand split, it would make sense to have these many main eventers. But since there is no brand split, there definitely are too many main eventers.
    As long as they don't keep pushing guys like Wade Barrett to the main event level, but keeping them irrelevant with a midcard title that they have no reason holding, then their aren't too many main eventers.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.