View RSS Feed

Thoughts and Opinions

Blog your thoughts and opinions here.

1. Bizarro SmackDown #1!!!

You know I didn't know what to title this blog. I had a few come to mind. Originally, "A Story about Storytelling". Then "The Good, the Bad, and the Just Plain Ugly". But I've decided on a title as mixed up as SD! was this week. Which is partly what's given me the urge to blog all over everything again. And I just gotta. Had to.

But first, something that's irked ...
  2. Will the real Chris Jericho please stand up?

You know I'm gonna fire off a quick rant because I'm sick of seeing this. Chris Jericho and Austin and others talking about people stealing their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything is Jericho
    “There seems to be a lack of respect for the forefathers who came in and did it first and it's not just [CM] Punk, it's a whole litany of guys from Miz to Cody Rhodes to Mason Ryan to Sin Cara to Kelly Kelly, everybody is stealing
  3. Vintage "Broadcast Journalism"

Y'know I've had a tirade about commentary kicking around my head for a while. Well, here it is.

Imagine a sports commentator. Imagine him in your mind, hearing him speak. Chances are you're imagining someone with a unique voice narrating the action. You're imagining that because that in essence is what sports commentating is. It's a narration of what's going on by a guy who sounds good. ...
  4. I Believe the phrase was "Phony Punk"

John Cena has sucked for a long time.

It's common knowledge that the only people still in Cenation are kids and women. Even the few guys who still rock fruity have one foot out the door and dreams of greener pastures in Chicagoland. You take a look at the biggest guys in WWE, the "go-home" guys, and that's John Cena and Randy Orton. And the difference there can be summed up ...
    Tags: cena, phony
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  5. When you beat Cristian/Orton, you know you're doing something right

Decent ppv last night. I judge a ppv mainly on how well I remember it. And I remember practically everything regarding the matches of CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio, Christian vs. Randy Orton, and R-Truth vs. John Cena.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio. Now this is the CM Punk we expect. He and Rey put on the best match of the night with some unbelievable sequences. They had some pretty heavy competition ...
  6. Over The Limit True Main-event: Christian and Orton

Over the Limit had a strong card. Everyone knew that. That the ppv delivered in places was no surprise. However, just like the WWE at large these days, there was a let-down or two. Unfortunately, and again, just like the WWE in general these days, those let-downs might have been in bad places. For example The botch with Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero to finish the match (ok not a total one but that last ...

Updated 05-23-2011 at 09:10 AM by Frank

Tags: christian, orton
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  7. Wrestlemania 27: The buyrate is in but is it good?

Well in my last vomit onto the blogspace of this fancy looking crevice of the IWC, I talked about how I thought the main-event of WM27 should have happened and expressed my misgivings about how strong the show might, or might not, have been. One of the things I said was if WWE did achieve their goal of a high buyrate thanks to The Rock, then it would mean that they showed one of their weakest Wrestlemanias ...
  8. The Rock vs Cena: Fantasy WM27 Dialogue

**Note to reader: I've gotten criticism for my dialogue before so if I cause you to vomit, or bang your head on the desk, my apologies.

It's one week ago at Wrestlemania 27. It's the main-event. The Rock has just got done saying what he came out to say. Everyone is cheering for the Rock and excited at what is about to happen because it'll probably be great. Sadly, that wasn't the ...

Updated 04-11-2011 at 09:05 AM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.