Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    My question is this. With Cena leaving, how is this good for WWE TV? I'm not a Cena fan by any stretch, but let's face it. Outside of Chicago, Punk can't do it on his own...and Lesnar's just a joke at this point. So, who's the top guy right now if Cena's on haitus? If it's Brock...then darker days are ahead.
    Agreed. WWE doesn't have that many big guns at the moment. HHH and Taker are borderline retirement, and Orton and Punk are good, but they lose their flavour if they are overexposed. As for Brock (or by the same account, The Rock): in it for the money and not to be taken to seriously in this aspect.

I hated Cena with a passion, but the current Cena is kinda rubbing me the RIGHT way. Not fighting for a title, losing big fights, being in conflict with himself, it's taking him past the Fruit Loops stage!
    Cena/Brock was the highlight. Let's be honest, we have ALL been waiting to see that one. And since I have a great dislike for Lesner (always had, even before UFC), I was for once rooting for Vanilla Ice...I mean Cena! So for once, glad he won!

But the PPV as a whole wasn't that great IMO. I'm still coming from a WM high (was just plain awesome this year), so I am a bit more critical. Matches where OK, but there was nothing "extra". Layla is back, zzzzzzz. Bordus squashes Zigler, ZZZZZZZ. And for the love of %^$, did they put a SQUASH match (Ryback) in a PPV??? This isn't f-ing RAW people!

But that was the point. Everything next to Cana/Lesnar was filler anyway... :-)
    Updated 05-01-2012 at 05:12 PM by RasslinGOOD (Spelling, I'm not a native speaker DAMMIT!!!)
    My question is this. With Cena leaving, how is this good for WWE TV? I'm not a Cena fan by any stretch, but let's face it. Outside of Chicago, Punk can't do it on his own...and Lesnar's just a joke at this point. So, who's the top guy right now if Cena's on haitus? If it's Brock...then darker days are ahead.
    The Cena/Brock match to me is what WWE's been missing a lot of lately, and that's a dose of realism. Even if it isn't real, it felt that way for awhile... perception is key, and I think it really helped Cena in the end. Cena's all fruity pebbles and clean cut and... well... I think many people think he's a big phoney in the ring. The match last night shows that he's at least got that side to him that people are desperately wanting out of him in particular but the whole industry as well.

I think Cena winning was the best course of action for them. Brock's here for a year... what does he have left to do if he came in and beat the face of the company in his first match? Maybe a title win, but seriously, what's he going to do for a whole year? At least this way we can look forward to the fallout, Cena's gone for awhile so there's going to be plenty of on-camera raging, an eventual rematch, maybe a title win... I just think they have more options this way.
    we'll remember :P
    Sooner or later he is going to learn saying all this will just make him black listed from wrestling altogether, TNA and WWE certainly will want nothing to do with this man after his comments,actions and in general crazyness.

I respect Scotty in the ring but damn he is one crazy son of a bitch at times-on a side note has he een got a family to fall back on or support...like wife and kids? Im starting to wonder if he has done a 'ultimate warrior' and actually become Big poppa pump full time.
    I dont think you can use logic when discussing the twitter rants of scott steiner. This is the same unit who pumped 3 litres of horse steroids into his body everyday (apparently).

He's just plain old crazy. Of course he should be grateful to the people who helped him along in his career, but Scott just wants to stay in the 'show' like most veteran athletes/entertainers and this desire blurs his logic, hence we get this lashing out at the people he believes booted him from the 'show'

I like Scott, 'Big Poppa Pump' was a good gimmick, but sadely he hasn't figured out it's time to move onto the next stage of his life as his wrestling career is DONE.
Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.