Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom Menace
    As it was in the beginning, so shall it be in the end. Let's recap WWF/E history for a second. Cena is the second coming of Hogan to Vince's eyes. Vince put Hogan on top, made him a super hero that no one could beat cleanly. Now he's doing the same crap with Cena. During Hogan's run in the 80's wrestling was diagnosed with a terminal disease called "Sports Entertainment". But wrestling made a slight comeback in the 90's thanx to Bret Hart, Sting, Ricky Steamboat, Steve Austin, William Regal & ECW. The Rock(not Cena) was supposed to be the second coming for uncle Vince but we all know what happened there. My point is that the crap we're seeing right now has already been done & proven to work for WWF/E. The only difference is that now there is no NWA/WCW or AWA to offer better wrestling with less skits & comedy acts. We do have TNA who if they pick a direction and just go with it would out class WWE on a talent basis, we also have ROH who in a few more years will surpass both(just like ECW did), because they focus purely on the wrestling. Sorry I got a on a roll. At the end of the day Cena's not the problem it's Vince.
    Well said bro, well said.
    simply no Cena = no ratings = no buyrate. John Cena puts the E in entertainment for the show no matter people love him or hate him. I never hear the crowd chanting the word "BORING BORING BORING" on his 5 moves or throughout his matches. The crowd loves to chant "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks."
    As it was in the beginning, so shall it be in the end. Let's recap WWF/E history for a second. Cena is the second coming of Hogan to Vince's eyes. Vince put Hogan on top, made him a super hero that no one could beat cleanly. Now he's doing the same crap with Cena. During Hogan's run in the 80's wrestling was diagnosed with a terminal disease called "Sports Entertainment". But wrestling made a slight comeback in the 90's thanx to Bret Hart, Sting, Ricky Steamboat, Steve Austin, William Regal & ECW. The Rock(not Cena) was supposed to be the second coming for uncle Vince but we all know what happened there. My point is that the crap we're seeing right now has already been done & proven to work for WWF/E. The only difference is that now there is no NWA/WCW or AWA to offer better wrestling with less skits & comedy acts. We do have TNA who if they pick a direction and just go with it would out class WWE on a talent basis, we also have ROH who in a few more years will surpass both(just like ECW did), because they focus purely on the wrestling. Sorry I got a on a roll. At the end of the day Cena's not the problem it's Vince.
    "WWE Is Pg, Not Cena LOL!!! Who does a ton of make a wishes, who is always winning his matches and who is the one supporting the bully campaign and you say Cena is not PG LOL!!!.
    John Cena is the Worst Wrestling Entertainer EVER!!! I give him credit for the Thuganomics character cuz at least he had character but I still didn't like him for being a white boy who lives in the suburbs of West Newbury thinking he's a nigga from the hood the F*** outta here. I have never seen a Wrestler kiss the fans ass so much, I have never seen a wrestler who can't even sell a move and I never seen a Wrestler who can't even put people over Clean in a match. His Hustle, Loyalty and Respect motto is Bullshit! Why? Well he is Hustling to get Randy Orton fired, His Loyalty....Cheats on his wife then divorces her and Respect LOL!!! He is a Disrespectful muthaf****r just look at the stuff he said to a Legend like The Rock Yeah!! John Cena what a guy huh!!.

This is the same guy who kids love to cheer and people love to respect cuz he's a hard worker, he is Vince's Cash Cow LOL!!! the only thing Cena does is Sell MERCHANDISE does he Sell Out Arenas around the World NOPE!!!, Having sold out arenas and high PPV buys make the company more money than Merchandise selling that's why The Rock & Stone Cold are more popular with millions of people around the world because you had more people watching WWE before than what they watch today If you will go out in public and ask people do you know who Stone Cold & The Rock are?? they will be like yeah they were the best but if you ask them who John Cena is they will be like WHO!!! then answer them he's a Wrestler sorry don't watch that crap anymore NUFF SAID
    Butt who did Cena face at the ppv's ??? BROCK LESNAR, the build to this match was waay better than the wwe championship match was. And you tell me you didn't wanted the rock in the main event of WM??? Now after you agree to that, he just main evented 2 ppv's, butt how many did stone cold main event with guys like mankind,undertaker,kane,the rock, triple h, shawn michales on the roster??? He main evented every of them, I guess you like stone cold??? John Cena has been here for 10 years, stone cold was in the wwe like 6/7 years and cm punk since 2006. He deserves to be in the main event, didnt you see how he pushed cm punk to the limit??

My opinion : You're a Cena hater, Stone Cold did the same the only difference is that people don't like Cena cause THE WWE IS PG, they espect Cena to say things like son of a bitch, bastard etc. to kids from 5 years. THE WWE IS PG, NOT CENA
    I agree and disagree with your blog.

Firstly (and I say this everytime) Cena can actually wrestle, admittedly he does get lazy at times but he can wrestle a solid match.

I agree with the Show/Johnny Ace points.

I kind of agree with your point about Cena needing a revamp, partially don't. I think it depends on who he's facing as to how strong his character is. I've always said that a feud is only as good as it's weakest component. Johnny SUCKS on the mic and therefore drags Cena down. Again Show isn't the strongest on mic either (plus heel Big Show is F*****G boring). But if you go back and watch the last few RAWs (They add in crowd noises at Smackdown) there seems to be a more positive crowd response for Cena in terms of people chanting for Cena in the crowd at various points.

Plus, like it or not, Cena is the biggest draw in wrestling today.

I know this is just your opinion so I respect it, good blog, despite the fact I don't agree with it.
    I must respectfully disagree with this blog. You're right in the fact that Cena main eventing everything since WM is a problem. But is that Cena's fault? Or WWE's? I think WWE made the mistake of taking the focus off CM Punk instead of making him a main centerpiece. Instead, they do things like sign Brock Lesnar back. *Waste of time and money*. Use Cena to feud w/ Laurinaitis and make them the Stone Cold/McMahon feud replacement. They decided to do with Cena, what they should have been doing with Punk.

I also think that what I blogged about before WM, is really coming to fruition. Cena vs The Rock was the true culmination and the highest point WWE can ever get. They don't make stars anymore, and no matter how well Punk and Bryan can wrestle, or Ziggles can sell a move, or Cody Rhodes can carry on a respected legacy, none of them can really draw like The Rock, or Stone Cold, or Undertaker, HBK, HHH, and yes, John Cena. Meanwhile, we're stuck with low buy rates, except for when WWE signs back older stars for a quick cash in. I can see it now. Undertaker and Stone Cold will be lumbering around the ring at WM 33, because WWE has no stars anymore. And guys like Ziggles, DB, and Wade Barrett, aren't going to be major draws at that sort of level. But, in my eyes, I won't even be watching wrestling when that point comes around.
    Updated 06-23-2012 at 11:13 AM by DK Wrestling Savior
Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.