View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Anybody who happens to follow me on Twitter (probably after seeing me plug my account on a weekly basis) will know I was far from happy at the way this past Sunday’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view ended. It was a great PPV, I refuse to take that away from it since every match was good and the Royal Rumble match was awesome, but it did far too much to set the main event of WrestleMania XXIX in stone. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

For the first time in a few years, the final Monday Night Raw before Royal Rumble was not focussed on the PPV’s championship matches. Instead, there was a nice revival of the pre-Rumble riot and what, at first, looked like it might have been a worthwhile Beat the Clock challenge to determine which superstar could choose their entry number (it turns out this was a waste of time since Dolph Ziggler ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

What a start to 2013!

The first match was a back and forth affair, we got an incredible feat of strength from Antonio Cesaro, a great TLC match for the WWE Championship, and a closing segment so good it needed a commercial break. All this and the crowd were incredible all night.

I suppose that’s what you get when The Rock makes his return…

It’s ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  4. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Now I remember why I love crazy chicks…

It goes without saying that this past Sunday’s TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs PPV was up there with the best of 2012. For once I’m willing to overlook the fact that John Cena was in yet another main event (even though the main event should have been The Shield’s TLC match victory – I’m yet to count the broken ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

So that’s what an episode of Raw looks like when its central focus isn’t on the, now injured, WWE Champion CM Punk.

I have to say that after last week I was expecting something a little bigger than a riot to close the final Raw heading into TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs. I was hoping The Shield would one-up their opponents for Sunday, but with Punk injured WWE had to shed light on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

You know those episodes of Raw or SmackDown when nothing truly poignant happens, but you still enjoy it? That’s what this week’s Raw was to me. Obviously you can find the bad in a show with not much happening (such as having Alicia Fox fall victim to the rejuvenated Tamina Snuka – seriously, why is Fox still employed by WWE?), but this week I expected not much to happen.

The simple ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Survivor Series recap

I expected a dull affair heading into yet another underbuilt WWE PPV this Sunday, but with the help of three main event matches and the number 365 I can honestly say I am an extremely happy fan at the time of writing this. Not only did Big Show and Sheamus deliver in a second consecutive match on PPV (the action picked up so quickly I thought I’d fallen asleep ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Considering WWE only comes to the UK a few times a year, I’d expect a bit more effort to be put into the product when the British fans are allowed the experience live.

We got the Raw standard of a few good matches, and a couple of relevant things happened. The thing which stole the show had to be what I’ve dubbed as Vince McMahon killing Survivor Series, though.

Not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Hell in a Cell recap

Hell in a Cell seems like an inappropriate name for what I watched this Sunday. Whilst I thought it was a solid enough card with mostly decent PPV matches given the terrible build it got, the main event was simply not good enough. I’ve never seen a Hell in a Cell match so short, and the biggest moment in the actual match for me was Ryback throwing himself ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

WWE puts forward five “key points” before every episode of Monday Night Raw, and this week I decided to keep them in mind as the show was live. This was mainly because I’ve found my blogs, like the product, have become based on one thing as of late – CM Punk’s crusade for respect and the superstars standing in the way of that. I’ve gotten bored of writing about ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.