View RSS Feed

ComingToCinemas

1. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

“Change begets change begets change…” is a quote which I personally picked up from Neil Flynn’s portrayal of the Janitor in Scrubs, but Sunday night’s Extreme Rules was, to me, a precursor to what 2013 might hold in store for the WWE Universe.

The Shield’s clean sweep was predictable, but their show-stealing match tonight with Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan’s aggression ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Lately, it is becoming more and more difficult to find a reason to look forward to Raw. This isn’t going to be one of THOSE blogs; tearing into the WWE product and telling you all that creative is to blame for the (supposed) lack of character development and ‘poor’ storytelling. At the end of the day I am a WWE fan and I, like everyone else, watch the product for my own personal reasons. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

WWE has been known to pool its biggest rivalries together in a bid to increase interest in an upcoming pay-per-view in the past (the Attitude Era used this technique a lot), but usually it pays off in making the most major championship (usually the WWE title) the headline whilst the other rivalry takes a not-too-distant back seat.

In the case of John Cena vs. Ryback and The Shield vs. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

For some reason, after the dust had settled on last week’s Raw in London, my attention really wasn’t on professional wrestling until it occurred to me on this morning that it was Monday, and therefore Raw. I’m not a huge believer in signs or anything like that (the closest I’ve ever come to believing in destiny was when Liverpool FC won the Champions League in 2005 and it seemed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review - London 2013

It’s been one year since I first wrote this blog, and this time last year I had just returned from my second visit to The O2 in London to see Raw. That night was a decent show considering it was a part of their European tour and WWE often uses their talent sparingly on such occasions, but tonight I literally felt the ground beneath me shaking.

Entrance H, Level 2 was where I was sat ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

One week from what I’m dubbing the anniversary of this blog, and WWE has decided to up its game in the weeks heading to London. In the seven days since THAT crowd, the fans, the storylines, and the product seem to be reinvigorated after a humdrum WrestleMania.

Between the calls for the New Jersey crowd to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, the worldwide trend of “Fandangoing” ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

I started this blog off the back of my own trip to London’s O2 Arena three weeks after WrestleMania XXVIII, and the idea was to offer my thoughts on Raw, but mainly the experience I had watching it live and on TV. With that in mind, I just want to say that tonight’s crowd was insane – exactly what a WWE crowd should be. I’ll even go as far as saying that it was better than last ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR) - WrestleMania XXIX

I’m sure that by the time you see this WrestleMania-themed #YYYTRR blog entry most of you will have seen the show or at least its results, but in the event that you have yet to see either, spoiler alert!

Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, I’d like to thank WWE for giving us two great main event matches and a few surprises tonight. But if there was an award ...
    Tags: wrestlemania, wwe
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Are we really headed to WrestleMania?

I am asking this question, firstly, because it really does not feel like WWE is building for their biggest show of the year; and secondly, because I am not as excited as I usually am around this time of year. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen WWE promote the location for WrestleMania XXX (the first WrestleMania which should ditch the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

The Rock got some well-deserved ‘Knees 2 Faces’ tonight, in the final chapter of the build to Elimination Chamber. And what a poor build it has been, at least, for the WWE Championship match. The main problem here lies with who holds the WWE Championship right now and contrary to the beliefs of WWE’s creative team I am not ignorant to the fact that The Rock simply hasn’t ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.