View RSS Feed

ComingToCinemas

1. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR) - WrestleMania XXIX

I’m sure that by the time you see this WrestleMania-themed #YYYTRR blog entry most of you will have seen the show or at least its results, but in the event that you have yet to see either, spoiler alert!

Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, I’d like to thank WWE for giving us two great main event matches and a few surprises tonight. But if there was an award for killing ...
    Tags: wrestlemania, wwe
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

SummerSlam recap

Last week I labelled the end of Raw as a disaster. I should have known that it was just a precursor to what would be the worst SummerSlam I have ever seen. If you ignore the fact that Punk retained, Jericho finally won a match on PPV in 2012, and Santino lost his United States Championship on the pre-show, WWE really dropped the ball here.

Every ...
    Tags: raw, wwe
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

The difference between a face and a heel when you’re an older fan is often the opposite of what the WWE considers to be its ‘universe’ sees as a face and a heel, and tonight was a prime example of the audience being split between who the bad guy really was.

Back when I was a kid the heel was the guy whose ideals I didn’t agree with, or the guy who decided to take a dislike to somebody ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Arrogance is something which is thrown around WWE (and pro wrestling as a whole) an awful lot. Just look at Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho (heel or face, the man exudes it), Damien Sandow, and even TNA’s Bobby Roode use it to be different. It’s now time to add an exaggerated sense of arrogance to CM Punk’s heel turn, and it’s actually working on me.

Not only did we get the new, more arrogant, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

1,000 episodes and hundreds of shocking moments, and Raw 1000 was no different.

To put it simply, last night’s Raw was amazing. I refuse to go as far as saying it was the WrestleMania of Raw’s, like Michael Cole, but pretty much everything that happened lived up to the hype. Give or take the fact that World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus was put into a six-man tag team match rather ...
    Tags: raw, raw1000, wwe
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Money in the Bank recap

Money in the Bank has been a great pay-per-view for the last three years, and last night was no different. Yes, Cena predictably got an inexplicable main event slot (again) and won (again), but if you overlook the pointlessness of Cena being in the main event and having a Money in the Bank contract it’s easy to see that last night WWE maintained their record ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review

I see what you did there, WWE.

This may be the shortest blog entry I ever write, and it isn’t out of laziness. No, it is out of the fact that Raw provided no more than ten minutes of worthwhile programming. I wish that was an exaggeration, but alas it is not. Kicking off with a, frankly, shocking moment of a marriage proposal (or two) was not a strong start in my eyes. It actually ...

Updated 07-10-2012 at 01:10 AM by Frank

Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Before I delve into this week’s episode of Raw, I wanted to straighten something out. It seems that over the past couple of weeks this blog has become less of an objective look at the rivalries in WWE and the way that they play out on Raw every week, and more of a rant against a certain superstar, John Cena. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologise for changing the focus of my blog into something ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Yes? Yes? Yes? The Raw Review

What the hell WWE!?

Since John Cena took over CM Punk’s role in the Johnny Ace feud some months ago, Raw has been getting noticeably dull. What’s more is that tonight was, to the best of my knowledge, the one-year anniversary of CM Punk’s game-changing shoot promo. I would have never imagined that one year after that promo Raw would end on an incredibly boring image of Big ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. WWE's Divas division unfairly treated?

I am writing this based on a request on Twitter. At first I was sceptical to tackle the subject of WWE’s Divas division (due to my lack of interest in it in today’s WWE) but I decided it might be worth taking a crack at it.

It also came to my attention that my lack of interest and the occasional insult and comparison towards it might be useful tools in offering a sustainable argument ...

Updated 06-26-2012 at 03:43 PM by Frank

Tags: divas, wwe
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.