View RSS Feed

ComingToCinemas

1. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

The last time I wrote anything about WWE was the Monday Night Raw after August’s SummerSlam.

To give you all an idea of how long that is in the WWE Universe, I have a few examples of changes which have occurred since my last blog to throw your way:

- Daniel Bryan is now a two-time WWE Champion (that’s right, he now has two short-lived claims to the title),
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Coming off the back of Sunday’s SummerSlam, Raw was guaranteed viewership this week, but also added pressure.

Pressure for the extremely well-played out double heel turn of former Evolution teammates Triple H and Randy Orton to convincingly rub the fans the wrong way for the first time in years, pressure for the would-be WWE Champion Daniel Bryan to pull off the role of a modern day ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

It’s been a while since anybody in WWE has uttered the term “ruthless aggression”.

Mr. McMahon’s mention of this term seemed to set the tone for this week’s Raw, and perhaps the remaining three weeks building to SummerSlam. The show was packed with matches which WWE had labelled as “must see” via the much-plugged WWE App, and all six of them had the potential to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Why did WWE wait this long to have a live episode of Raw in Brooklyn?

For everything us fans despise about WWE – for some it is John Cena’s mere existence, others are assured that Dolph Ziggler is just not as over as the IWC would like to believe, and many find the storytelling insultingly simple or nonsensical at times – there are a lot of good things to counteract ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

“We’re here.”

Those were the words uttered by the leader of WWE Raw’s newest trio just before they made their much anticipated debut this week. The entrance was fitting, the promo packages (although illogical – an investigative journalist travels to the home of a demented family the day of their debut…) throughout the night were intriguing, and the impact they ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

After one near perfect pay-per-view and two great Monday nights, WWE took its flagship show to Iowa for what was sure to be another great show…

It all started really well, with Daniel Bryan coming to the ring (in his new “Respect the Beard” t-shirt, which I MUST buy) and cutting another promo solidifying his role as a face. Up next was the emergence of the rest of the ‘All ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

What a weekend to be a part of WWE’s once ignored universe.

WWE showed us that they can still put on an (almost – thanks to John Cena and Ryback you can happily turn off the last thirty minutes of Payback and miss absolutely nothing) flawless PPV, and decided to ride the wave of momentum with an episode of Raw which symbolised the end of a number of decent storylines only to replace ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Last week when I raved about the incredible Raw show WWE put on and how pumped I was to see what they would do with their ultimate crowd favourite, Daniel Bryan, I was truly expecting them to follow up that effort by leading into Payback with a bang.

Instead, my success at watching Raw on no more than four hours sleep since Sunday was a complete waste of time. The opening segment was, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

“Yes! Yes! Yes!”

This week’s Raw ended with Ryback stood over the prone body of John Cena, but Monday night was about anything but the Three Stages of Hell match coming at Payback. It was the night Daniel Bryan showed the WWE Universe and, more importantly, Vince McMahon & Co. that he is the most over superstar WWE has right now.

Not only did Bryan steal the show, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

I started out my own personal hype for tonight’s Raw by deciding to do what Triple H may have done last week. I decided to try the WWE App Drinking Game, and after a while realised that the WWE App isn’t mentioned enough to get me truly drunk. That was the first disappointment of the night.

Aside from this, I noticed there was a lot of filler in tonight’s Raw. Filler that would ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.