Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin
    Yeah, I wanted Kurt vs. Bret for the Owen Hart memorial... but Bret vs. Beniot was definately a classic. I know Kurt/Hart wouldn't have had the emotional tie in that Benoit and Hart had; I just felt that when it came to pure wrestling (which all the Harts to the best of my understanding were fans of) a match between Hart and Angle would have been an epic way to remember Owen. Too bad they were in different companies at the time. Either way, we might not have been able to see Hart vs Angle, but I will say that in both of these guys careers, Beniot is an opponent in both mens Top 10 matches of all time.

I don't think there is a right answer in the Hart vs Angle debate. Both men are definatly deserving of the "Best" title that has been given to them and it was always a dream match that everyone would have loved to see... Too bad it just never happend due to timing.
    I'm with you. I could really go either way. Bret or kurt. I agree with Benoit too. You just couldn't compare two more even wrestlers. Flip a coin.
    Ron..my dream match is also Kurt vs Bret...but it can never happen..ion fact Bret himself once said...out of the young wrestlers he wants to wrestle with Kurt....
    hands down BRET!!!

I mean perhaps he's one of the rarest of those wrestlers who can do a move which looks very deadly n same time very safe for the recipient...

he's truly the EXCELLENT of EXECUTION!!!

He's the reason why I started watching Pro-Wrestling....

He mad a way for not-so big wrestlers in becoming a legut world champion...

He's one of his kind...

Again I'm a huge fan Kurt...he's nothing but phenomenal.. but..

BRET HART
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V
    Son of a b*tch that's a hard choice!

Accomplishments goes to Kurt
    Longevity goes to Kurt, but thats Goldberg's fault for kicking Brets brains out of his head
    National hero status is tied
    Best overall matches is tied
    Best on the mic goes to Kurt
    Best Feud goes to Bret....vs HBK

So just with that I'd go with Kurt. But here's the thing to me. Brets career was cut short, so who knows who is really better because as far as I know we are judging Kurts career on a longer time frame then Brets. It might be Bret if there was specific time lines.

Too bad these guys didnt have a wm match. It might have been the best match of all time.

Imo.
    Yeah, I wanted Kurt vs. Bret for the Owen Hart memorial... but Bret vs. Beniot was definately a classic. I know Kurt/Hart wouldn't have had the emotional tie in that Benoit and Hart had; I just felt that when it came to pure wrestling (which all the Harts to the best of my understanding were fans of) a match between Hart and Angle would have been an epic way to remember Owen. Too bad they were in different companies at the time. Either way, we might not have been able to see Hart vs Angle, but I will say that in both of these guys careers, Beniot is an opponent in both mens Top 10 matches of all time.

I don't think there is a right answer in the Hart vs Angle debate. Both men are definatly deserving of the "Best" title that has been given to them and it was always a dream match that everyone would have loved to see... Too bad it just never happend due to timing.
    Son of a b*tch that's a hard choice!

Accomplishments goes to Kurt
    Longevity goes to Kurt, but thats Goldberg's fault for kicking Brets brains out of his head
    National hero status is tied
    Best overall matches is tied
    Best on the mic goes to Kurt
    Best Feud goes to Bret....vs HBK

So just with that I'd go with Kurt. But here's the thing to me. Brets career was cut short, so who knows who is really better because as far as I know we are judging Kurts career on a longer time frame then Brets. It might be Bret if there was specific time lines.

Too bad these guys didnt have a wm match. It might have been the best match of all time.

Imo.
    Hands down, Bret "The Hitman" Hart.
    Good debate topic. Pure wrestling, has got to be Kurt Angle. However, we're talking about the overall body of work here. And obviously, Bret Hart was the top superstar for a long time. He led the company past the Hogan times and into the future.

Angle was better on the mic, but that's hardly a measuring stick for me. And don't discredit Bret's mic ability that much. He may not have been a shining star like Shawn Michaels when it came to working the mic, he could still cut a good promo. There's a difference between talking on the mic and cutting a good promo, and Hart could cut a promo.

While both had great moments and great matches, Angle didn't carry the company on his back...nor could he have. That's what separates the two.

Clearly Bret Hart gets my nod. He was a top guy and a leader of the company. Kurt Angle wasn't...and IMO, couldn't be that guy.
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.