Blog Comments

Well written blog bud. Thoroughly written, and gave me a slight glimpse of hope when talking about the future state of the business. Enjoyed it.
    GREAT blog. a must read! this actually made me excited to watch again. thanks!
    Bret Hart!!!

Reason: I started loving the business only after seeing Bret wrestling against Mr Perfect...

Bret put over HBK
    Bret put over Austin

so, two of the ppl in ur list made ur list because Bret had put them over....

Also Bret helped The Rock from Back politics.....otherwise Rock might have lost in the roster....When The Rock was IC Champion...KLIQ initially wanted him to drop the belt to Bret..thus, Bret will be away from Main event saving HBK...n The Rock is suppressed forever leaving space to HHH..but, Bret never accepted it...he changed the ending n the match ended by a DQ...

So, it should be BRET all the way!!!
    I would say Austin. He set the ball rolling with his character and that kind of defined the Attitude Era.
    Stone Cold!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall
    I figured Rock would be mentioned. He made my initial list, as did Hogan, but I felt that as he only wrestled from very late 96, and the blog is only up to the end of the decade, you are only talking about him wrestling for 3 and a bit years; not much compared to the others.

I considered Mick Foley in general, as to cover his WCW, ECW and the important WWF days, but, while he was a great main eventer, he was never really the top top guy, like the five listed. No disrespect to him, I thought he was fantastic, but he always seemed one level below Austin, Hart etc.
    Fair enough about Foley.

BTW great blog!

A fair discussion about Hart compared to Austin is what I always hear is; Bret kept the E afloat during the dark days. I have mad respect for the hitman, but does anyone consider why those days were dark? I saw why. Because there was not a huge draw during those times until Austin 3:16 was in full effect. No one drew more than Austin, merchandise and all during the 90s.

Even if Austin came later in the 90s he turned it all around. Imo and what i witnessed. 90s = Stone Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V
    One could also make a argument that the Rock and possibly Mankind could have been added to this list. Especially The Rock.
    I figured Rock would be mentioned. He made my initial list, as did Hogan, but I felt that as he only wrestled from very late 96, and the blog is only up to the end of the decade, you are only talking about him wrestling for 3 and a bit years; not much compared to the others.

I considered Mick Foley in general, as to cover his WCW, ECW and the important WWF days, but, while he was a great main eventer, he was never really the top top guy, like the five listed. No disrespect to him, I thought he was fantastic, but he always seemed one level below Austin, Hart etc.
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.