Blog Comments

If you think thus was a work you are truly in need of help, should never watch pro wrestling, cause you can't tell fiction from reality and may someday kill someone.
    Really? Bret was better off? Hogan was the main reason he even went to WCW at all-who he was promised a feud with-who was a baby and refused, just like he did
    in WWF.
    Then Owen died, that sadly led to the only memorable match in Bret's WCW career with Benoit. Then soon after Bret's career is ended by Goldberg's carelessness.
    Bret had agreed to lose to Austin or many others, just not Shawn. He just asked to wait till after they left Canada.
    Vince for sure lucked out-because Shawn gets hurt, and the only thing that saved his sorry ass is that him being a real life jackass made him the most hated villain, and that despite him trying to keep Austin down, the fans demanded he rise to the top.
    Vince and his dumbass son-in-law (the two behind the screw job-Shawn was not in favor of it-just says he was now) still are too dumb to push the right talent. A total joke DB did not win this feud and keep the belt-didn't help Randy either-he looks weak and stupid-he can't beat DB. HHH was the only winner-the non-wrestler.
    The companies job is too push the guys wrestling every night to get us to come watch-not push the owners who fight once or twice a year and both need to never do it again cause they can't carry a match anymore.
    Understand this-HHH and Vince were idiots for screwing Bret, and they continue to be idiots and screw all their best talents. Who just had to fight Punk and give him a loss during his red hot run 2 years ago? Yep-HHH. Did it help Punk, or the business? Nope-just HHH. Vince and HHH have been and apparently will always be classless idiots who only care about themselves, not the fans, and not the business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere
    NWA has always been more open and willing to cross promotion. Plus, having their title appear in WWE at that time helped NWA. Obviously, they were well established by then, but WWE was larger, so it was good for them. TNA would love to have their title on WWE, but not vice versa.

As for your last sentence, I think that should say it all
    Yeah, the not taking the belt off him earlier part was always the bit that had me thinking about a work.

I wouldn't say the Flair thing was good for them. Flair had an arguement with management, refused to give it back and the NWA ended up making the WWF blur the title when he wore it. And that was the belt used on WCW, so I can't imagine they wanted their top star and belt going to the rival company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall
    Ric Flair had been built in NWA, but he had no problem showing up with the real World Championship on WWF TV in '91. I don't understand why Vince didn't take the belt off Hart earlier if he knew he was leaving. Why leave it to the last show?
    NWA has always been more open and willing to cross promotion. Plus, having their title appear in WWE at that time helped NWA. Obviously, they were well established by then, but WWE was larger, so it was good for them. TNA would love to have their title on WWE, but not vice versa.

As for your last sentence, I think that should say it all
    Yeah, we are all aware why the cameras were there. I was alluding to the fact that it is just way too convenient that they chose to have cameras (that recorded the aftermath) on the same day that the most controversial finish in wrestling history occurred. The whole documentary revolved around that camera footage, know what I mean? Vince allowed them to record the aftermath backstage, which should be a dead giveaway that it was fake. Why wouldn't they have a more subtle approach? Why did HBK and HHH linger around for the cameras to record them backstage? I would have gotten the F outta there.

Also, I didn't literally mean that he would take the title onto Nitro lol, but it would essentially have been Bret as the WWE champion appearing on the show in theory. It would have been a slap to the face of the company that made Bret and his family rich as shit.
    The documentary didn't revolve around the Screwjob footage. The cameras had been filming Hart for about a year - well before any idea of the Screwjob. It's just that the film maker realised that the footage of the event was the main reason fans would go to see the film, so that was made to be the main attraction. Basic journalism 101.

Ric Flair had been built in NWA, but he had no problem showing up with the real World Championship on WWF TV in '91. I don't understand why Vince didn't take the belt off Hart earlier if he knew he was leaving. Why leave it to the last show?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall
    I should have mentioned that Bret was going to hand the belt over the next night on Raw, but McMahon was a little paranoid the belt would end up on Nitro. The backstage camera was filming Bret for his 'Wrestling with Shadows' documentary - one of the best wrestling documentaries - but other first-hand accounts seem to conflict with one another.
    Yeah, we are all aware why the cameras were there. I was alluding to the fact that it is just way too convenient that they chose to have cameras (that recorded the aftermath) on the same day that the most controversial finish in wrestling history occurred. The whole documentary revolved around that camera footage, know what I mean? Vince allowed them to record the aftermath backstage, which should be a dead giveaway that it was fake. Why wouldn't they have a more subtle approach? Why did HBK and HHH linger around for the cameras to record them backstage? I would have gotten the F outta there.

Also, I didn't literally mean that he would take the title onto Nitro lol, but it would essentially have been Bret as the WWE champion appearing on the show in theory. It would have been a slap to the face of the company that made Bret and his family rich as shit.
    The Montreal Screwjob was a work.

They just didn't tell Bret they changed the finish...
    Leaving WWE would ultimately be the worst move in Bret's career. The only big name that was more misused than him might have been Roddy Piper, and that's a maybe. I'm sure he regrets it every day.

As far as the screwjob, I'd say it was at least a 90% work. He couldn't have thought he was going to take the title with him to WCW. Also, why in the hell would they allow cameras backstage for that event only? When does that ever happen for Pete's sake? "Bret screwed Bret!!" The guy has one of the biggest egos in the history of this business, I was a fan, but let's be real.
    I should have mentioned that Bret was going to hand the belt over the next night on Raw, but McMahon was a little paranoid the belt would end up on Nitro. The backstage camera was filming Bret for his 'Wrestling with Shadows' documentary - one of the best wrestling documentaries - but other first-hand accounts seem to conflict with one another.
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.