View RSS Feed

Tall

1. Understanding the Screwjob - 16 Years On

The Montreal Screwjob is an infamous moment that almost all wrestling fans know. Even those who have never seen the Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart match – which is good, but lacks an exciting finish – will have heard of the moment when Vince McMahon transformed into Mr McMahon and ended The Hitman’s WWF career with a shocking twist.

The back story is convoluted and differs depending ...
  2. The Future Of Wrestling

It won’t come as a surprise to many when I say that wrestling’s popularity has been slowly deteriorating for many years – probably since the closure of WCW back in 2001. WWE’s TV ratings are at their lowest for 15 years and Impact currently earns an average of 1.1 – 0.1 lower than it was in 2007. In five years they’ve actually lost viewers.

It surprises me when I see wrestling
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Who Was Better Special: Best of the '90s

In the previous edition of ‘Who Was Better’ I asked who the superior talent was: Kurt Angle or Bret Hart?

You voted and your winner was…BRET ‘THE HITMAN’ HART with a 25 votes, compared to Angle’s 10.

-

The nineties saw a huge transition in wrestling. In just one decade, WCW became the superior wrestling promotion, all before a series of poor decisions ...
  4. Who Was Better: Bret Hart or Kurt Angle?

It’s been over two months since the last edition of ‘Who was better?’ so a couple of quick points. Firstly, I’d like to thank everyone for the fact that the last edition had over 10,000 views and almost 60 comments. I made this blog series with the intention of creating debate, so the more people leaving comments, the better.

Secondly I should announce the winner of the last edition, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  5. Who Was Better: Sting or The Undertaker?

In the last blog the big debate was; who was better: Eddie Guerrero or Chris Jericho? The people have spoken and the winner is….

CHRIS JERICHO! Y2J wins it with 17 votes in comparison to Guerrero’s 11.

-

Based on constructive criticism on the last blog I’ve decided not to focus on one specific time in the wrestler’s career and instead give an overall ...
    Tags: sting, undertaker
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Who Was Better: Guerrero or Jericho?

In my last blog the big debate was; who was better: Triple H or Edge? The people spoke and the outcome was…..

DRAW! Both ‘The Game’ and the ‘Rated R Superstar’ gained six votes, while three people couldn’t decide.

Thanks for all the comments, opinions and the votes. I’m trying to get as many people to vote as possible to make for a more interesting comparison. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Who Was Better: Triple H or Edge?

I’m hoping this will become a series of blogs depending on the feedback this edition gets. Basically I will put across both points of view as well as their best five matches and I will leave it to your comments to decide who was better. When I pick who will be blogged about I will also pick their best spell in the WWE.

This edition will look at who was better, Triple H during his dominant ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Greatest Feuds of the Attitude Era - The Dudleys Vs The Hardys Vs Edge and Christian

As great as the Attitude Era was the tag team division wasn’t essential viewing prior until late 1999. The New Age Outlaws were a brilliantly charismatic pairing but inside the squared circle they were obviously lacking in wrestling ability. Other teams like the APA and the Hollys weren’t particularly thrilling to watch either. The Undertaker and Big Show as well as The Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection ...
    Tags: christian, edge
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Greatest Feuds of the Attitude Era: Chris Jericho Vs Chris Benoit Vs Kurt Angle

In my opinion the year 2000 was the best of the Attitude Era years and I’ll explain why. The Rock, Stone Cold, The Undertaker, Triple H, Mick Foley and Kane had dominated the main event scene since 1998 and while the product wasn’t becoming stale by any stretch of the imagination, there was certainly a key element missing.

There was a lack of technical ability. But to the WWF’s ...
    Tags: angle, jericho
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Greatest Feuds of the Attitude Era - Mankind/Dude Love/Cactus Jack/Mick Foley

This blog is about a wrestler who wrestled at the very top and was suggested by both Knox and Sahu. Hope I did him service.
    -
    One of the best main eventers of the Attitude Era, this character was one of the most hated heels/ most popular faces from 1996 to 2000. Somewhat of a cult hero in the wrestling world, he was not the most agile or technically gifted of wrestlers but always put ...
    Tags: mick foley
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.