Blog Comments

Look, it’s all about one thing like Rick Starr said ADVERTISEMENT and I’m adding MONEY to that equation. You’ve got to ask two questions: 1.What does Rock winning the title do for WWE the company and brand? & 2.What does winning the WWE Title do for the Rock?

HERE’S THE DEAL: Rock winning the title makes WWE more popular, and reach more viewers, more companies, media outlets, etc. which in turn equals $$$$ to WWE. Now at the same time, Rock who already got WWE in the palm of his hand, is making alotta $$$ from this deal, and since he knows that how good of a showing he puts on in these 3 months translate into how much $$$$, viewers, and media outlets come to WWE, he’s going to want to get top dollar for his work.

Basically Rock winning the WWE title/Losing the title/hell Not even having anything to do with the title has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MAKING COMMON SENSE FROM A PURE WRESTLING FAN STANDPOINT, BUT IT DOES MAKE SENSE TO A BUSINESS SAVY WRESTLING FAN.
    Someone who just began appearing earlier this month, who will win the title over 10 people who deserve it 100%. DOES NOT DESERVE IT. When he wins he will be away for weeks leading up to WM if you read the news you would know. Someone like him never deserve something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking
    Guys...really...isnt the point to being a FAN of wrestling or the WWE or one or more wrestlers in the IWC or anywhere to voice your OPINION of what you would like to happen or not happen. Naturally everyone is entitled to agree or disagree with one another but if I am a fan of CM Punk or Ziggler am I wrong to suggest ideas that favor them? We can argue all day long about drawing power and dues being paid and talent vs talent but in the end I do not particularly have a interest in what helps the WWE make more money...I can see why they would care and would make decisions accordingly so more power to them because they are the ones that actually make those decisions not the IWC...all we have are voices and opnions and if I personally like PUNK better than the Rock that is just my opinion.

I get it is a business to them but to me it is what it always is escapism...so if I think one thing and you think another well good for us...who knows what they will do we can only speculate and offer what we would like to happen...naturally you think your thoughts and opinions (esp if they differ than mine) are more valid and just causing you to say so and rightly as they are YOUR opinions to which you are entitled and so is everyone else...
    You basically nailed it. You're not wrong for liking Ziggler or Punk. I think the blog was just trying to sort of put it in perspective. I know you, or me, or this guy or that guy don't particularly care what kind of money WWE makes, but the idea that Rock winning the title takes value away from it or tarnishes it is just absurd.
    Guys...really...isnt the point to being a FAN of wrestling or the WWE or one or more wrestlers in the IWC or anywhere to voice your OPINION of what you would like to happen or not happen. Naturally everyone is entitled to agree or disagree with one another but if I am a fan of CM Punk or Ziggler am I wrong to suggest ideas that favor them? We can argue all day long about drawing power and dues being paid and talent vs talent but in the end I do not particularly have a interest in what helps the WWE make more money...I can see why they would care and would make decisions accordingly so more power to them because they are the ones that actually make those decisions not the IWC...all we have are voices and opnions and if I personally like PUNK better than the Rock that is just my opinion.

I get it is a business to them but to me it is what it always is escapism...so if I think one thing and you think another well good for us...who knows what they will do we can only speculate and offer what we would like to happen...naturally you think your thoughts and opinions (esp if they differ than mine) are more valid and just causing you to say so and rightly as they are YOUR opinions to which you are entitled and so is everyone else...
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    The bigget problem is people are so in love with guys like CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, and Antonio Cesaro that they see Rock winning the title as a way to hold these guys down. That's not the case. WWE is making a business decision. More people will buy Rock vs Cena II than they would Punk vs Ziggler. It's all dollar signs. The bigger issue is, who's going to save it after Wrestlemania? Rock will be gone. Brock is a shell of his former self. Stone Cold is a broken down old man. They're running out of people to bring back and save them during Wrestlemania season where they undoubtedly make the most money.

Rock winning the title tarnishes it? Not a chance. All it does is take the title from Punk and sending the IWC into an uproar.

absolutely correct. i think the people who are mostly against the rock getting the title are cm punk fans who couldnt stand their fav boy losing to the rock. same argument they come up with when it goes to facing the undertaker at WM: Why should Taker take the title off of Punk when he is only part time? Well, its easy: Cause he deserves it more than Punk does.
    The bigget problem is people are so in love with guys like CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, and Antonio Cesaro that they see Rock winning the title as a way to hold these guys down. That's not the case. WWE is making a business decision. More people will buy Rock vs Cena II than they would Punk vs Ziggler. It's all dollar signs. The bigger issue is, who's going to save it after Wrestlemania? Rock will be gone. Brock is a shell of his former self. Stone Cold is a broken down old man. They're running out of people to bring back and save them during Wrestlemania season where they undoubtedly make the most money.

Rock winning the title tarnishes it? Not a chance. All it does is take the title from Punk and sending the IWC into an uproar.
    No, Rock's tenure with the title was never very long, but considering Undertaker never held the title for any length of time longer than the Rock did, I would never consider them transitional champions. Austin only had one lengthy run as well. But either way you put it, my point still stands...Rock earned it either way. That was to hurtts.

In response to scribbler...I am not so sure that the Rock needs the title or that he can take it any time he wants...I like to think the WWE at least would have a reason or story line to carry why Rock would win the title. I highly doubt even Rock can just come in and say I want the title without a valid story to go with it.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.