Blog Comments

TBH, I almost understand why TNA brought in guys like Hogan, Angle, Flair, Hardys, RVD, ect, whether I like it or not. TNA had given guys like AJ, Samoa Joe, ect a push and they did draw a fanbase...but a limited fanbase. These guys only brought in a certain amount of ratings. Bringing in the "names" from WWE came with a following which can only help the ratings, when you rationally think about it. If the TNA "originals" were able to draw, then the "names" would be on the undercards while the originals would headline a card
    TNA: Old is the new trend baby!
    TNA started with older guys, which isn't a problem; but when you have these older guys going over the supposed ''future'' of Pro Wrestling, you have a big situation on your hands.
    You make a great point. Back when TNA was just on PPV they had something fresh and new and over time they've managed to screw it up bringing worthless WWE talent. Don't get me wrong not all of them are but some of them. Angle was a great acquisition as well as Jeff Hardy and Taz, etc., but they keep bringing in guys like Matt Hardy and Mr. Kennedy and that's just a waste of time and money that they could be using to focus on guys like A.J. and Joe.
    Well.....imo tna basically started with older guys. Which i enjoyed because they were the ones vince didnt hire. Eventually hiring younger talent when they got t.v. Time which we all enjoyed. Now its like wcw 1997 all over again. Hogan flair jerrett steiner.....i love both sides. Wish they could get two shows. 1 for the younger talent with established stars. Like a.j. Desmond along with hardy n andersons. Then another with the rvd's n flairs.
    Who wouldnt love 2 see the older guys mix it up in whatever capacity they could.
    Lets face it though. You cant have young stars without old ones. Its like getting rid of all the poor people n then trying to call yourself rich. Good with the bad.
    Great blog. Still trying 2 figure out how 2 get mine posted.
    Cheers
    Well.....imo tna basically started with older guys. Which i enjoyed because they were the ones vince didnt hire. Eventually hiring younger talent when they got t.v. Time which we all enjoyed. Now its like wcw 1997 all over again. Hogan flair jerrett steiner.....i love both sides. Wish they could get two shows. 1 for the younger talent with established stars. Like a.j. Desmond along with hardy n andersons. Then another with the rvd's n flairs.
    Who wouldnt love 2 see the older guys mix it up in whatever capacity they could.
    Lets face it though. You cant have young stars without old ones. Its like getting rid of all the poor people n then trying to call yourself rich. Good with the bad.
    Great blog. Still trying 2 figure out how 2 get mine posted.
    Cheers
    I am going to politely disagree on a few points in your argument. All in all, great first blog.

Besides the TNA originals, there are only a few "new" stars that have came through the doors the last few months and TNA has done a pretty good job getting them over. Desmond Wolffe came in and feuded with Kurt Angle and he went over pretty fast, Rosita is now with Sarita and she will get some heat, Crimson is starting to pick up some steam, and even Gunner and Murphy are starting to get some heat.

I believe the better question is how can TNA get their stars over the ex-WWE stars. That is much harder, depending on your perspective. Those who have followed TNA for years automatically puts AJ up there with the elite in TNA, Beer Money and MCMG the top of the tag team, and Lethal, Kaz, etc. on top of the X-Division. Those who have been watching for the last 1-2 years see these WWE guys, and will always put them over to a point.

I 100% agree on using the older guys to put over the younger guys, hopefully that is what they are going to do with this Fortune v Immortal thing, but who knows.

Again great job and great point!
    I'm not trying to be an asshole, just making some polite counter-arguments.
    Keep it up!
    Crack, out.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.