everyone would boo the person who ends it?
Why do you assume that everyone LOVES the Undertaker? He's got the most stale act on the planet... and talk about a robot. He can't move well, he has a 3-4 move set, and WWE is still PG, so he can't do anything risque...
I think a young guy like Barrett or Bryan would be the ideal choice to end the streak.
I think the only person to fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania, should be Kane. He's the only person that makes sense. Whether Taker wins or loses, Kane would be the best and only choice...especially if it's the latter.
I mean it wouldn't be too great of a match, but Jimmy Snuka wouldn't be a bad idea either. End the streak with the guy who started it, you know?
would never happen
Hey this was a well written blog, and i agree with a lot of it, but i also have a few disagreements
1) heel cena- I absolutely agree. It needs to happen. I think enough people are annoyed by what we have now...just dont c it happening
2) merge titles- ur right all the way on this one. i think it would really go a long way to add credibility to their champ...
3)change titles- eh i dont like them either, but they need to worry bout fixing these divisions anyway, so its hard to touch on the titles alone.
4) cruiserweight- yes i think this would help jump start a lot of their mid carders.
5)-this goes along with number 3
6) FCW- yes and no on this one. you cant send down a whole roster. i mean take Morrison, hes been a main mid-carder for how long now. I really think a lot of these guys need to just start to work on their own. Where i do think wwe builds and buries to fast....the fact is...people like Morrison know what they need to work on
7) cancel???- this is where we disagree... absolutely not. Where i do think ur right that cena/rock has been poorly built up, u cant cancel. to many old fans have come back to the screen because of this match. A cancellation would cause a riot. It would be completely irresponsible. and as for Rock/Taker. NO WAY. this is not TNA. This most likely taker's last run. if the streak ends it needs to be a rising star. not a mid carder, but someone that it would really benefit (NOT CENA OR ORTON).
8) ppv- agreed
9) live smackdown- does it really make a difference, i honestly dont mind. it helps them fix things is a show that really just needs to be on a tuesday or thursday
10) brand extension- agreed
11) Mid Card- mostly agree
12- vince- disagree. he still brings good heat. I am a huge fan of heel Vince. I dont think it should be every episode.
13)heel boss- maybe. I think they def need to test it out. i HATE the face boss. HHH has gone down hill on the mic. much better heel
14)Swagger- he is not the only on they need to do this to...
With the exception of the cena/rock/taker...you are absolutely right. I loved your blog, and that was just my opinion. look forward to your next one
short but sweet:
1: Will not happen til you have another face as popular with the young ones as him. I.e. not in a while.
2: No, make the brand division matter and keep both, WWE have 2 brand and still less championships than TNA on one brand.
3: Agree with the diva title, the tag team titles are fine. The Greek helmets are fitting as it signifies the first army in history where cooperation was the key, just like in Tag team wrestling
4: More titles? I'd rather see more cruiser weights fighting for the US championship.
6:Agreed, but of the ones you mention, just Eve. But Otunga, McGillicutty, Mcintyre, Tyler Reks, Jinder Mahal, Mason Ryan and Kaytlin need more experience and/or a rebranding...
7: nope, people want and need The Rock vs Cena. Have The Rock pin Cena clear and the IWC would explode in delight. Undertaker will finish his streak 20-0 vs Kane
8:10-12 is more than enough, make some TV14 and get the ball rolling
9: Live yes, fridays no... bad day for TV
10: Isn't that what's happening now? I would like them to keep it and make the shows more different
11: The Miz is AWESOME and the tag team is hilarious. ADR on the other hand was too soon.
12: Won't happen, no chance in hell...
13: He's more entertaining as a tweener in my eyes. Pulled between his ego, his sense of responsibility and his cohorts.
Sorry but as wrestling fans you want to see Cena vs Rock. Undertaker would have to win against Rock in Miami his home town and that will not go over well. The Fans last year were slpit already not wanting this streak to continue and im sure that would be the response of every fan at mania this year if he was facing Rock.
Taker needs to face Sheamus pure and simple.
Though as a wrestling fan I'd like to see a lot of things you propose, it really is an IWC dream. You take way to many risks that could backfire badly and make the company go out of business.
Rock vs Undertaker is no replacement for Rock vs Cena. Rock vs Cena is made to be personal, it's a battle between the big WWE wrestling / pop culture crossover icons of the last fifteen years, whilst Undertaker is a wrestling icon. Rock vs Cena is built okay, they seem to rival eachother, whilst Rock vs Undertaker has no build at all, and a short time and cramped agenda's (Undertaker isn't back yet, and Rock isn't a fulltimer).
They can't go back on this match, not after the build and attention it garnered. That would make them look really stupid, really unprofessional. That said: I think Rock vs Cena is a bigger draw.
About the ppv's. As a fan, I understand your point and love to see it happen. As a businessowner I would seriously feel nervous. Selling a lot of watered down products to a slightly smaller public can still make more money then a better product to slightly larger public. There will be a break even point, but I'm sure WWE has thought that through and if they saw an opportunity to make more money on a different way, they'd take it. Too much risk, too few certainty of reward.
That said: enjoyed your blog.
© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.