Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ut11smithcor
    how can u say Vince owes him that much?
    do u people even realize that Taker himself wants it to end? he actually WANTS it to end hes one of the biggest guys backstage thats all about helping the younger new talent.
    Thanks for getting the article. One of the few that did.

I'm not one to speak for the man, but re-read the first portion of this column. He's stated numerous times that he wants to help the business by helping to grow the youth and make them become the new cornerstones. In 2005, he reportedly proposed that Randy Orton should end his streak at WM 21. Vince shot it down. Good decision in retrospect, but if this is truly Taker's last stand, then I have to believe Taker still feels that this is his true legacy - and it's the perfect thing to hand off to the next big thing.

And if you saw who I left out of my synopsis, you will know who it is that will likely be the guy in that conversation.
    Just facing the Undertaker at Mania is a good rub, the win isn't even necessary, Taker is definatly good enough to make someone look good with or without the win
    how can u say Vince owes him that much?
    do u people even realize that Taker himself wants it to end? he actually WANTS it to end hes one of the biggest guys backstage thats all about helping the younger new talent.
    I would like to see him lose, like almost every other wrestler does on the way out to push the younger talent, but I don't see him doing it. I think the "make believe" streak is all he is about anymore. The part time schedule and always coming back just in time for Mania shows me he now thinks the streak is bigger than the business. Oh, and by the way, to the guy who said Mania 28 will be his last match and that Vince owes it to Taker to let him win...HBK lost his last match!!!
    The guys you mentioned are just guys, yes some will be great some day but nothing they will do will ever rival the streak. I believe it is the greatest achievement a wrestler will ever achieve. It has become the instrument of what defines Wrestlemania. I don't believe the streak will be broken, why? there is no one left, Taker has outlived all the legends, he is the last entity of "peak greatness." Lets say he has to choose someone to end it it has to be non other than the legend killer himself, Randy Orton, however and I say this with no regrets (and PS I am a huge Orton fan) but if the streak dies I will never watch wrestling again even if rko ended it. It's my opinion that it should remain undefeated, let it serve as a reminder to the young guys of what a true great wrestler can accomplish in the wrestling world, I'm jus sayin...
    The guys you mentioned are just guys, yes some will be great some day but nothing they will do will ever rival the streak. I believe it is the greatest achievement a wrestler will ever achieve. It has become the instrument of what defines Wrestlemania. I don't believe the streak will be broken, why? there is no one left, Taker has outlived all the legends, he is the last entity of "peak greatness." Lets say he has to choose someone to end it it has to be non other than the legend killer himself, Randy Orton, however and I say this with no regrets (and PS I am a huge Orton fan) but if the streak dies I will never watch wrestling again even if rko ended it. It's my opinion that it should remain undefeated, let it serve as a reminder to the young guys of what a true great wrestler can accomplish in the wrestling world, I'm jus sayin...
    taker will go out 19-0.hes done.if anything wm only.if he ever wrestles again it will be his last and he will nit lose.vince owes him that much
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.