Blog Comments

I'm probably putting the blame in the wrong place too. It seems like the WWE were worrying more about their image than anything. They weren't afraid to be out there back in the day. Now because the McMahons wanna have their hand in everything (movies, politics, etc) everything is about the image. They took it that seriously that they were willing to suspend him when he was just getting into a high profile feud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2JLionsault
    I won't argue because you are right. Im just annoyed that society hasn't come far enough to not take some things too seriously. I get that they are patriotic and proud, hell, if someone burnt the Australian flag in front of me I'd tear them a new one. But in this kind of setting I wouldn't take it to heart. Even the best in the business still use cheap heat. I just find it ridiculous he is stuck serving a suspension. He apologized on the spot, as was asked of him. No leniency whatsoever considering he wasn't aware of this law?
    Yeah, I think a suspension was blown way out of proportion. WWE could have at least given him a fine or something.
    I won't argue because you are right. Im just annoyed that society hasn't come far enough to not take some things too seriously. I get that they are patriotic and proud, hell, if someone burnt the Australian flag in front of me I'd tear them a new one. But in this kind of setting I wouldn't take it to heart. Even the best in the business still use cheap heat. I just find it ridiculous he is stuck serving a suspension. He apologized on the spot, as was asked of him. No leniency whatsoever considering he wasn't aware of this law?
    I'm not Marat the officers whatsoever. But someone had to pass on the message and say that he needs to be punished and what not. In this day and age something like this should not be an issue. Murder is illegal everywhere in the world, does that mean we don't watch it in movies? Just because those characters in the movie kills someone do we persecute the actor? This is the same, he is a character doing something to assert himself as a heel. It was ad lib, he just did it on the spot without prior intention. Every wrestler who travels internationally cannot possibly read up on every law of that country, especially seeing as they aren't there very long. Honestly it should have been taken for what it was and that is entertainment.
    Dude, I get that. I understand that Jericho was doing his job but whether it was a work or not, its still big a federal law in Brazil, a law we can't complain about. If the Brazilian government took offense to someone kicking their flag, we can't judge them for that. Its a serious federal law of theirs and I feel that Jericho should have been a bit more careful. I know it was an error on his part but I don't even think getting cheap heat like kicking a flag was called for seeing as he is a great heel not to resort in getting cheap heat.
    Updated 05-26-2012 at 08:52 AM by Dubs
    I'm not Marat the officers whatsoever. But someone had to pass on the message and say that he needs to be punished and what not. In this day and age something like this should not be an issue. Murder is illegal everywhere in the world, does that mean we don't watch it in movies? Just because those characters in the movie kills someone do we persecute the actor? This is the same, he is a character doing something to assert himself as a heel. It was ad lib, he just did it on the spot without prior intention. Every wrestler who travels internationally cannot possibly read up on every law of that country, especially seeing as they aren't there very long. Honestly it should have been taken for what it was and that is entertainment.
    I don't get what people want from these performers. Expecting them to be a heel and remain respectful? A heels job is to draw heat. Going to a town or city and trash talking it is what heels have done for years to get more audience involvement. This isn't an incident where some guy is doing it with genuine disdain for the country. This is a performer playing to the crowd. It is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe anyone can agree with how the situation has been handled. I really can't even begin to explain how ridiculous it is.
    A heel's job is to draw heat but not cross the line which can be seen in bad taste. I'm not saying Jericho kicked the flag with bad intentions but even if it was a work, he still broke one of Brazil's rules which was a result of suspension. At least Brazil didn't arrest him and gave him a chance to say sorry. You really can't get mad at Brazil's police officers for doing their job.
    I don't get what people want from these performers. Expecting them to be a heel and remain respectful? A heels job is to draw heat. Going to a town or city and trash talking it is what heels have done for years to get more audience involvement. This isn't an incident where some guy is doing it with genuine disdain for the country. This is a performer playing to the crowd. It is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe anyone can agree with how the situation has been handled. I really can't even begin to explain how ridiculous it is.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.