Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V
    Agreed and thank you.

I've been preaching this in the forums for a long time. Kids nowadays are way too impatient and want the plug pulled prematurely.

They are also championship spoiled. They measure ones sucess on title reigns alone. In my day a title reign was epic, but hard to come by. People still main evented and sold out arenas WITHOUT a title on the line on the entire card, ie Slaughter vs Sheik, Bundy vs Andre, Piper vs Orndorff etc.
    Agreed again. Kurt Angle was 4 time wwe champ and 2 time world champ but (to me anyway) his reputation was far greater than that, if he had 10 world titles he'd still be as good.

Benoit never needed a title. It was great to see him have his brilliant work awarded but if he never won the belt he still would have had major respect anyway(obviously not taking into account what he'll be remembered for)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake
    you talk about wade barrett for example like his career has gone down the pan and he's only "here" instead of being "there". I know its not just you, its a general internet opinion, but come on, whats the rush. he has loads of time. triple h never won the big belt until 4 years after his debut, and he turned out to be one of the GREATEST of all. Austin wrestled for 8 years before he ever got to hold a main heavyweight belt.

There's too much "now now now" in internet land. Bret Hart was at least 7.8 years in wwe before he got the belt, same with HBK. Sit back, and give him time to get better. His finisher is crap, wasteland was dirt, he's got the look and mic skills but there is loads of time to improve in the ring. Unless you're 6"10 and jacked like 300 pounds you are not going to be a main eventer until you are a polished performer, He is far from it.
    Agreed and thank you.

I've been preaching this in the forums for a long time. Kids nowadays are way too impatient and want the plug pulled prematurely.

They are also championship spoiled. They measure ones sucess on title reigns alone. In my day a title reign was epic, but hard to come by. People still main evented and sold out arenas WITHOUT a title on the line on the entire card, ie Slaughter vs Sheik, Bundy vs Andre, Piper vs Orndorff etc.
    The E would never give up DB or Wade IMO.

But I do think if the E was going to give up someone realistically and for them to make a impact on impact it would be one of the following: Kofi, Albert, Tyson Kidd, Jinder, Drew, Rey.
    Got to remember what Vince likes to push. Even though people like Punk and DB have won over the crowd and Vince, I believe he still prefers big guys. I'm afraid people like Aries and Styles would be midcarding it with Kofi. Joe would prob do okay. I feel Roode and Storm would do best in the WWE. Not to rip off Roode's saying, but they both in my opinion have a certain IT factor. Aries does too, but he's really small, for the WWE. Not saying that couldn't work, but it's a long shot for them. Rey had a large Latino backing that I contribute to his success.

I think it would be more realistic for bigger guys to go to the WWE from TNA. Like Magnus, Hernandez and Morgan. Maybe Aybss and Big Robbie too.
    this is probably the stupidest list I've seen so WWE get 5 main eventers & TNA get 2 wrestlers who barely appear on the card a diva who's already left the company & 2 main eventers very equal trade
    you talk about wade barrett for example like his career has gone down the pan and he's only "here" instead of being "there". I know its not just you, its a general internet opinion, but come on, whats the rush. he has loads of time. triple h never won the big belt until 4 years after his debut, and he turned out to be one of the GREATEST of all. Austin wrestled for 8 years before he ever got to hold a main heavyweight belt.

There's too much "now now now" in internet land. Bret Hart was at least 7.8 years in wwe before he got the belt, same with HBK. Sit back, and give him time to get better. His finisher is crap, wasteland was dirt, he's got the look and mic skills but there is loads of time to improve in the ring. Unless you're 6"10 and jacked like 300 pounds you are not going to be a main eventer until you are a polished performer, He is far from it.
    The miz should go to tna for sure. He sucks lets get him off tv or at least a show nobody watches. Oh that's impact!
Page 1 of 29 123 11 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.