Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by IPOOPINTHEBATH
    Completely disagree, and I'll do it point by point.

1. Not everyone can be in the title hunt at the same time. By your logic HHH and Undertaker and half the other people you mentioned are midcarders. Considering the focus being on Immortal vs Fortune I don't see how you can say Roode (who is in a Tag Team. Should they just take the WWE route and break up every tag team that starts to show promise and make them go singles?) and AJ are midcarders when Punk (whom I love) has been jobbing for practically six straight weeks.

2. Lack of homegrown talent getting the spotlight. Umm, do you not know how Vince built his mega empire? By scooping up all the best talent everywhere else. That's waaaaay more underhanded than what TNA is doing. Look, obviously TNA can't offer guys like Angle, Sting, RVD, and the Hardy's more money than WWE. So why do they go there? Because they TNA offers whatever it is they want that WWE won't give. Be it and easy schedule and a blind eye to pain pills, or not wanting to get treated like shit by a man you've seen treat some of your best friends like shit, or just wanting to get fucking high as a kite. All I'm saying is these guys CHOSE TNA, it's not like TNA just threw giant wads of cash at them like some other wrestl...uhhh entertainment companies.

3. Useless talent. I'll pick you off wrestler by wrestler here.
    Tommy Dreamer. The guy left WWE because he just wanted to wrestle. Why is that so bad? It's not like he can't do what he did 20 years ago. He's a little out of shape, but he wasn't exactly a technical stamina freak. He's a bloody garbage can banging kind of guy, and WWE wouldn't put him on TV anymore. Let's say for example that you're a cop taken off the street and put in a desk job, and another agency offers you a street gig like you want. Should you just retire from doing what you want to do?

Robbie E. The gimmick sucks, but as a wrestler what's so bad about him that you think he's useless?

Angelina. Snooki. Nuff said.

Scott Steiner. From his crowd reaction he's obviously still somewhat of a draw, and I doubt he's taking a million dollar contract like Sting. Far from "useless".

Devon. Obviously 3D will reunite before they really retire, so he'll be around. And so what if he's a midcard guy? It's not like he's being shoved down our throat in the title hunt.

Jeff Jarrett. All you say is he shouldn't be a wrestler anymore. When you come up some facts to back up your opinion I'll give you a better response than "He should be a wrestler still."

Sting. The guy is the biggest draw TNA has, and it's beyond unfathomable that you believe he's "useless" and that thought alone should be enough to discredit every argument you've made in this blog.
    you took the words completely out of my mouth-err... fingers.

1. Not everyone can be in the title hunt at the same time. By your logic HHH and Undertaker and half the other people you mentioned are midcarders. Considering the focus being on Immortal vs Fortune I don't see how you can say Roode (who is in a Tag Team. Should they just take the WWE route and break up every tag team that starts to show promise and make them go singles?) and AJ are midcarders when Punk (whom I love) has been jobbing for practically six straight weeks.
    When did I say AJ was a mid-carder at best? I said that he is getting the mid-card treatment in a storyline which is understandable. I didn't say he was a mid-card at best. Hell, i'll say the same for Punk who isn't in the main event scene as of now. Who is in the main event scene??? RVD? Mr. Anderson? Sting? Matt Hardy? Matt Morgan? AJ? Bully Ray? How do you compare that to Randy Orton, John Cena, CM Punk, Del Rio, Sin Cara, Christian, The Miz, R-Truth, Dolf Ziggler, Triple H, Undertaker, and R-truth? I question your reading comprehension to be honest.

]2. Lack of homegrown talent getting the spotlight. Umm, do you not know how Vince built his mega empire? By scooping up all the best talent everywhere else. That's waaaaay more underhanded than what TNA is doing. Look, obviously TNA can't offer guys like Angle, Sting, RVD, and the Hardy's more money than WWE. So why do they go there? Because they TNA offers whatever it is they want that WWE won't give. Be it and easy schedule and a blind eye to pain pills, or not wanting to get treated like shit by a man you've seen treat some of your best friends like shit, or just wanting to get fucking high as a kite. All I'm saying is these guys CHOSE TNA, it's not like TNA just threw giant wads of cash at them like some other wrestl...uhhh entertainment companies.
    There are key differences with your example of history. When Vince bought them away during the territory days, he bought wrestlers that NOT MANY PEOPLE SAW! Back then, in order to see other matches from other organizations, you needed to go to their county. Vince bought them all together and began the whole idea of one wrestling show for an entire country. You can see a texas style wrestler with a new york style wrestler in California. Also, i'm not saying that former WWE stars can't make a living but when you sign too much former WWE stars but when there in the main event scene more then your homegrown talent and when your TNA World Champion is in his 50's, then thats a problem.

Tommy Dreamer. The guy left WWE because he just wanted to wrestle. Why is that so bad? It's not like he can't do what he did 20 years ago. He's a little out of shape, but he wasn't exactly a technical stamina freak. He's a bloody garbage can banging kind of guy, and WWE wouldn't put him on TV anymore. Let's say for example that you're a cop taken off the street and put in a desk job, and another agency offers you a street gig like you want. Should you just retire from doing what you want to do?
    Dude, Tommy Dreamer is way past his prime. He was great in ECW and in WWE but now he should just retire. Thats like saying Ric Flair should still wrestle because he still loves wrestling which isn't a bad thing but you just have to know when to let it go.

Robbie E. The gimmick sucks, but as a wrestler what's so bad about him that you think he's useless?
    Everything about him is useless. Poor man's Zack Ryder. Maybe i'm being too harsh but he doesn't impress me at all.

Difference e between WWE letting Snooki wrestle for one night and TNA actually signing Angelina so there goes your point.

Scott Steiner. From his crowd reaction he's obviously still somewhat of a draw, and I doubt he's taking a million dollar contract like Sting. Far from "useless".
    Really? Steiner has a draw? Santino has big crowd reactions but that doesn't mean he is a draw. Steiner was just there for TNA for the "They" angle and now is just really getting put in random storylines with Morgan. He is pretty much useless tbh.

Devon. Obviously 3D will reunite before they really retire, so he'll be around. And so what if he's a midcard guy? It's not like he's being shoved down our throat in the title hunt.
    Dude, I never said that Devon was a mid-card guy. Devon isn't going to get a big push by TNA like Bully Ray so whats the point of him on TNA tv? TNA should give him a backstage role.

Jeff Jarrett. All you say is he shouldn't be a wrestler anymore. When you come up some facts to back up your opinion I'll give you a better response than "He should be a wrestler still."
    The only storyline TNA has for Jeff was the stupid angle he is in now. Never been impressed with Jerrett and his wrestling days should be done.

Sting. The guy is the biggest draw TNA has, and it's beyond unfathomable that you believe he's "useless" and that thought alone should be enough to discredit every argument you've made in this blog.
    Maybe I should't have said that Sting was useless but if a 50 year old man still doing the face paint stuff who is kinda out of shape still has more draw power, then much power to him but for him to be Champ instead of guys like Matt Morgan, Mr. Anderson, or Matt Hardy is just unbearable.

2. Lack of homegrown talent getting the spotlight. Umm, do you not know how Vince built his mega empire? By scooping up all the best talent everywhere else. That's waaaaay more underhanded than what TNA is doing. Look, obviously TNA can't offer guys like Angle, Sting, RVD, and the Hardy's more money than WWE. So why do they go there? Because they TNA offers whatever it is they want that WWE won't give. Be it and easy schedule and a blind eye to pain pills, or not wanting to get treated like shit by a man you've seen treat some of your best friends like shit, or just wanting to get fucking high as a kite. All I'm saying is these guys CHOSE TNA, it's not like TNA just threw giant wads of cash at them like some other wrestl...uhhh entertainment companies.

Great blog man

I kind of think TNA has greater wrestlers but for sake of argument lets agree and say that the WWE has the better talent.

I hate TNA but TNA has the better matches...There is more wrestling on one Impact Episode than one week of Raw & Smackdown....just my opinion...

Once again great blog man
    Agreed. For a company that restricts original promos and characters these days, i find the WWE characters to be better developed than TNAs. TNA seems to change things way too often. The list you mentioned definitely has a stronger upper card than TNA (you missed out Randy Orton btw);

Look at the title pictures for the past year (since Jan 2010):
    TNA has had AJ, Sting, Hardy, Anderson, RVD, Angle, Pope, Abyss, Matt Morgan,
    Out of those, only Sting, Anderson, RVD, Angle and Hardy are still around the main event scene. (when hardy comes back he will be unfortunately).
    Pope, Morgan, AJ, Abyss have literally been droped from main event to mid card and are involved in things nobody even cares about. AJ and Abyss may be in the "main storyline" of immortal vs Fortune but they are definitely not the focus of the storyline - that would be Hogan and the network. Angle has dropped into a fued that gets main event focus.

WWE (will obviously have more):
    World Title
    Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Jericho, Edge, Del Rio, Swagger, Christian, Big Show, Cm Punk, Kane, Ziggler

WWE Title
    Sheamus, Orton, Cena, Miz, Morrison, Batista, Barrett, Edge, R-Truth, CM Punk, Jericho,

Out of these Batista, Edge, Jericho left/retired.
    The rest are all involved with the upper mid card: Swagger is in a stupid fued but it is one of the main fueds in the WWE getting a lot of attention and TV time. Big Show and Kane are fueding in the tag title picture and with Barrett who is IC champion.

The thing that WWE seems to do better is once someone reaches main event, they can usually keep them there. Edge and Jericho didn't do a whole lot for most of 2010, but were still main eventers in people's eyes. This is something TNA can't grasp with people like AJ. When AJ is relegated to mid card, he doesn't feel like a huge player.
    I may go off topic here, but if you look a little deeper than looking at an entire roster there is an all to visible comparison between both brands and the stealing comes from both sides in my opinon: -

Now some may disagree with what i wrote below but here it is: -

Aj/Cena - Both men work there asses off for there representing companies. They are the posterboys of these companies for a reason. And yes some may argue about AJ, but read between the lines. Lets start when hogan came in (as before aj owned the place and the company) he gets changed to the biggest heal they have and gets linked with there biggest sign at the time (FLAIR). These two could do wonders for either company and get used by both as the poster boy.

Sting/Taker - Both iconic legends. Who never seem to die.

Angle/HHH - Both seen as the future retiring hero's of the brand.

Deniro/R-truth - (whats with this gospel stuff truth keeps saying to close comparison in my opinion) but either way midcarders who the crowd like but never seem to deliver.

Abyss/Kane - Long time members of the rosters representing the monsters of the brand.

Sin cara/Sangriento - Both new luchadores expected to change the business.....

EY-OJ/SM-VK - Both comical tag teams which are used to simply entertain and fill spots.

My point of comparing all these wrestlers is that, most of my examples above you can stand side by side and they represent there position well, but WHO IS USED BETTER! WHO has STORIES written for them better WHO has the better production crew??...........im sorry to say it but everyone needs to stop comparing TNA to WWE. Its like comparing Playboy to "Joe's Mens Club", One has a lifetime of credit to its name and the money to back, the other is 2 nasty men's wish for something similar..........................Mabye in a few years if tna lift there gain, but for now they shouldnt be compared.....because as much as it sucks to say, it is how the TNA stars are used....because i for one believe if AJ was in WWE (without the politics of destroying a TNA star) he would be just as passionate as cena............................as they pay his bills..........
    I know the WWE is a lot bigger company with a lot more guys than TNA, but I think if you line up the rosters talent level wise than you'll see that the WWE's is better by in large. Totally agree WWTNA.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.