Blog Comments

Gordon Solie: the G.O.A.T.!!
    Gone are the truly entertaining days of commentary. Unfortunately no current combination of commentators is even worthy of warming up the announce table seats for the greatest (and by far, the most entertaining) commentating duo of all time IMO - Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby "the Brain" Heenan. JR and the King were phenomenal (IMO, 2nd best of all time) during the Attitude Era, but their passion and commentary content was clearly disingenuous as the produce waned toward the end of the Ruthless Aggression Era.

To make the produce truly more entertaining for the fans, both WWE and TNA have to restructure their flagship announcers. Boot Cole and King, and Taz and Tenay. WWE would be well advised to bring back some of the best talkers in history - e.g. Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Goldust and William Regal - whom WWE is fortunate enough to still have at their disposal. For TNA, Jeremy Borash is the best of the crop, and IMO would be extremely entertaining paired with a heel wrestler commentator such as Matt Morgan (bring him back!) or Robert Roode (who's both one of the best wrestlers and best talkers in the world).

If wrestling truly considers itself part of the the entertainment industry, why not give the fans the most witty, knowledgable and intriguing announce teams comprised of the best talkers available, instead of prepackaged gruel from the current crop of "company men" (or in Taz's case, based purely on past experience without any merit) who are being shoved down our throats by both organizations week after week?
    It must really suck being a vision impaired member of the WWE or TNA Universe. I've always had the view that the play by play announcer explains what is happening in the ring, and the colour announcer explains why the particular moves are so effective. No Twitter trending, tout or WWE app garbage. Michael Cole would be fine if he just called the action. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Totally Completely 100% agree. I loved JR / Heel King in AE and Vinnie Mac / Jessie Ventura from the good ole days. Cole is just plain terrible and needs to go. JBL rocks over there, and is really the only saving grace at the announce table right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kakarot786
    Are you serious? nwo was a load of bullocks. The guys in the original had such big ego's that they made it two groups and caused the whole fucking company to go out of business. Seriously those three douchebags did nothing for wcw.
    I won't argue any of this but NWO was still the greatest faction ever. The Shield isn't close and never will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    Whoa whoa, the Shield are great and all....but they don't hold a candle to the NWO....yet.

OP, I really liked this blog. People's memories are so short. Sabin is a great wrestler. I just wish they would have shown that in his title match with Bully Ray. I shouldn't feel like anyone could have won that match you know? That is not a good thing.

At the same time, I slightly understand what Nash is saying. Look who he had around him at the time. Dean Malenko, Ultimo Dragon, Rey Mysterio Jr., Eddie Guerrero, La Parka, Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera, Billy Kidman. No offense to any of those guys, but from their work back in the day (which was almost no time on the mic) you could see they were excellent wrestlers but with no personality. Vanilla (being very plain) and small (midgets).

Nash is completely wrong if he believes nowdays that the smaller guys shouldn't be world champions. When you ooze charisma, personality, wrestling skills, and entertainment like CM Punk does or like Eddie Guerrero learned to do or Chris Jericho there should be absolutely nothing held against you from winning a title.
    Are you serious? nwo was a load of bullocks. The guys in the original had such big ego's that they made it two groups and caused the whole fucking company to go out of business. Seriously those three douchebags did nothing for wcw.
    Whoa whoa, the Shield are great and all....but they don't hold a candle to the NWO....yet.

OP, I really liked this blog. People's memories are so short. Sabin is a great wrestler. I just wish they would have shown that in his title match with Bully Ray. I shouldn't feel like anyone could have won that match you know? That is not a good thing.

At the same time, I slightly understand what Nash is saying. Look who he had around him at the time. Dean Malenko, Ultimo Dragon, Rey Mysterio Jr., Eddie Guerrero, La Parka, Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera, Billy Kidman. No offense to any of those guys, but from their work back in the day (which was almost no time on the mic) you could see they were excellent wrestlers but with no personality. Vanilla (being very plain) and small (midgets).

Nash is completely wrong if he believes nowdays that the smaller guys shouldn't be world champions. When you ooze charisma, personality, wrestling skills, and entertainment like CM Punk does or like Eddie Guerrero learned to do or Chris Jericho there should be absolutely nothing held against you from winning a title.
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.