Blog Comments

Well I already am the main admin for the facebook page but I don't get paid lol. Wish I did, really need a job I would actually enjoy doing.

Thanks for the compliment!
    Dude, your blogs are spot on everytime. I think a lot of us, myself included really appreciate your opinions on the wrestling biz. Please keep'em coming.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if ewrestlingnews offered you a job as a monthly/weekly writer.

- Ace
    Well said kylos- bang on blog as always.

As a dad that has gone through the same great work on sticking in there with your baby girl. Although wrestling is often internally referred to as Soap opera entertainment there is a fine line between creative "wow cant believe they went there" and "wow I think I am going to be sick.

Keep up the stong work!
    I couldn't agree more, awesome job
    I dunno, arcrissam, I think that even to a casual or first time viewer, the differences between Benoit and Eddie v’s their opponents was not that great. HHH and Angle were both within the realms of a believably beaten opposition. The aggression and muscle of Benoit, and the speed and agility of Eddie, made any difference in height negligible factors. And to long term fans that knew the kind of matches they could put on could believe they were in contention.

TBH, wrestling can’t compete for realism. It’s the Star Trek (TOS) of Sports. It looks cheesy and fake, you can’t really defend why you watch it and your immediately put in a certain category when you admit that you watch it.
    Someone made a comment a while back on the forums about how wrestlers used to look like they would kick people's asses outside of wrestling. Back in the attitude era, you wouldn't stalk stone cold for an autograph because you were afraid he'd kill you.

Not the case now. I hate Kevin Nash with a passion, but one of the smartest things he has ever said was the comment about wrestling dying when Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit won the heavyweight championships. This is why the cruiser weight championships should have been treated with more respect because the small guys should be going for that title. In my opinion, TNA has their title situation correct.
    I like your insight kiltbill. When it came to the weight thing, it was more of the perception of fans back in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Wrestling used to be about two massive, overweight monsters battling it out.. they had faces only a mother could love, and if those kind of wrestlers would be used now, people would be disgusted.

Try watching a Big Daddy vs Giant Haystacks match. It was common perception from fans that wrestling was all about strength. There were rare occasions where a smaller wrestler would get a look in (Like Backlund and Flair) but the majority of the time, it was all about big sweaty overweight guys who didn't even train properly.

As wrestling evolved, wrestlers became better atheletes, the perception of what a wrestler should be changed, not because of Vince, but because of the fans. Its a lot easier for fans to get behind a smaller athletic guy today, then big monster who can barely move, (Compare Austin Aries and the Great Khali) whereas in the old days it was the opposite.
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.