I think you need to watch some more film of TNA to see what it once was before claiming something has "never been better", but you don't have a "horrible" list on the Cons.
(1) I thought the X Division was going strong until Zema lost the belt to RVD @ BFG â€˜12. Once this happened, mixed with the announcement of the Destination X PPV no longer existing, it killed a bit of momentum going into 2013 for the Division. We saw them work on it here and there by adding the 3 on 3 stipulation and bringing some older guys back randomly, but they just started highlighting it this late in the year, which is sad. With all the time between PPVs, the King/Ion/York match from Lockdown could have had more build, but I give them credit for at least having a storyline for Sabin/King going into Slammiversary.
(2) Matt Morgan asked for his release so I wouldnâ€™t say TNA â€œgot rid of himâ€ as much as they â€œfailed to use him enoughâ€ when he was there. Yes, the WHC needs more powerhouse, but I am not going to fault TNA when a talent requests their leave, nor am I going to fault Morgan if he chooses to pursue a chance at WWE.
(3) The TV title should have been used more; I agree. It seemed like they forgot about the weekly defenses almost immediately and once Devon got it back, itâ€™s time was limited. I am glad they dropped it and hope that they create a new Mid-Card title so that people can drop the stigma of the belt being â€œBooker Tâ€™s Toyâ€ that seemed to follow it. Hopefully, the first owner of that title will be EY and they drop Rob Terryâ€™s contract. The guy has the size and while heâ€™s shown improvement (and character) since breaking away from Robbie E, he just isnâ€™t someone Iâ€™d pay to see in a WHC match.
As for your proâ€™s list;
(1) This was a bad choice on your part. Yes, I love the team of Dirty Heels and Bad Influence, but the Tag champions won at Slammiversary, had a 6 man match with Sabin, lost to the Bad Influence (granted it was a BFG Series qualifier), then beat a newly founded team. I remember when it was a shock to not see MCMGs or Beer Money featured on a weekly episode of Impact. Stories were built and centered around LAX vs. Styles/Daniels. If this is what youâ€™d call the best in TNA Tag Team Division history, you need to watch more film.
(2) Magnus has been refreshing thus far. I enjoyed his work in MagnaJoe and he has improved since day one with the British Invasion. I can see him becoming the face of TNA and it would be a solid note to have him there as some of the greatest TNA fans are from Europe. This is a pro I totally agree with.
(3) This heel AJ character is getting more traction with me than any of his others. He has been a heel when he was with Plumtree, Tomko, and Flair so this isnâ€™t his first round as a heel. This is, however, the first time I am seeing him as a stand-alone heel. I like how they are now separating him from the Crow Sting by making his gimmick of â€œNo Oneâ€ focused on winning for himself and nothing else (where as Stingâ€™s was about retaking the company). I loved the promo with him talking about Heroes and if TNA/Styles were smart, theyâ€™d make this a center focus for his current character.
All in all, I say good effort on the blog. I think you have some good info on your list, but I can also see some things I do not agree with, but I think this wasnâ€™t intentional and is more of a reflection on you not knowing the entire TNA history or inner workings of the company; I wonâ€™t fault you on this because we as fans all started somewhere, right?
The x-division needs to stay cruiserweight only. get some quality tag teams from gutcheck and bring back generation me please!!!!!
I wish the X division rules were gone. I want to see AJ Styles as X division Champ.
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
1.Tag division has never been better? When did you start watching TNA? Gunner/Storm and E/Jesse compare to the likes of Triple X, AMW, Naturals, Team 3D, LAX, Young Bucks, MCMG Beer Money, among others. Tag division is at its very worst it has ever been. I've been watching since 04. If anybody in TNA has had a terrible 2013, it has been James Storm. Don't sit there and disrespect TNA tag division by calling it the best. You obviously never seen any of AMW/Triple X tag team cage matches. You show just by that comment with tag division under pros you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. E/Jesse are a joke that are hardly used weekly. Same goes for Gunner/Storm.
That awkward moment when TheGreatOne takes someone to school.... Makes me regret calling him "cookie cut and bland" LOL... Nicely said.
X Div is what got me into TNA a long time ago, I'm not saying they should main event every show with it, but the recent spotlight on it needs to stay there. The returns of Dutt, Petey and Sabin have been a HUGE shot in the arm, even if 2 of those 3 haven't featured much.
Manik hasn't had time to shine, he needs a little longer. If it really is TJ Perkins under there i believe the boy WILL come good. Maybe he should ditch the gimmick?
I'm echoing everyone else with tag teams, although bad influence are probably my third favourite team (after the guns and beer money)
And here... this is where we're bashing our heads against the wall. Morgan could have been a great champion, TNA misused him for years. Crimson looked impressive for a while, TNA misused him too. Robbie E - probably a very talented wrestler - has been a goofball his entire time there, as has Eric Young. The list (bro) goes on and on.
Hogan OFF TV please. Entertain people at live shows, but stop hogging the limelight!
Midcard belt the way to go, just needs a new design and the right first champ - Magnus?
Just when the knockouts are getting my attention, another is released. Are there like, 3 left now?
Still, I'm pumped for the Ray/Sabin match tomorrow. There's no way Chris can win, is there?
TNA Tag Team Division: Bad Influence,Storm & Gunner, Bro Mans(shoot me please).
That's a terrible division.
There's Aries/Roode & Chavo/Hernandez but I don't consider them in the tag division because none are currently teaming.
Yeah, I think you are off on the tag team thing. There was a time when no promotion could hold a candle to TNA's tag team division and its not now. Bad Influence is the only real worthwhile team these days.
I'm happy about Magnus not only because he deserves the push, but it is also working. Crowds have been chanting his name way more. He needs a new finisher though. His driver is not very impressive IMO.
When you only have two hours of TV a week, it's very tough to see the TV title defended weekly. I agree that they should have some kind of midcard title but always taking 5-15 minutes out of the show is more than Impact can handle at the moment.
© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.