Blog Comments

You can't be serious? You are comparing WWE at their worst time to the best time in pro wrestling.
    As far as Orton goes,Even though he left in 2004 Im sure you all remember the Orton/Rock beef Right?Anyway I've always wanted The Rock to face Cena (yes I'm an Attitude Era ROCK Fan), Real SMART Older Wrestling fans shouldve known this would occur years Ago Cena was the Void that filled the empty space Rock left,but i wouldn't of mind seeing Orton and the Rock the only problem with that is Orton especially isn't that same guy from 7yrs ago and doesn't have a character Vs. The Rock who still does somewhat. Also Orton would have a way better chance of beating Rock than Cena, basically that story-line would focus around who's the better third generation Superstar.
    Updated 03-31-2012 at 09:23 AM by Charles-Ian Duncan
    I think it's much simpler than that. Families fled the WWE the moment John Cena and The Rock starting throwing around genitalia jokes and blatant unnecessary cursing. The rating was a 3.8 last year, and a 3.0 this year for the go home shows despite a much better card and MNR broadcast (over the course of 2012) overall (from the IWC's point of view). Throw in the Wrestlemania "old men" increase and a lot of families look to have fled.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParagonOfVirtue
    While I agree with most of this blog, saying Orton and Jericho have no character is way off. Sure, Randy's pretty bland now, and uber predictable in the ring, but he's had many classic moments. Basically it all went downhill when he became "The Viper". And if you have to have Jericho explained to you then you're exactly the kind of person that he trolls on a regular basis.
    I'm getting into this a bit more in the next blog but The Viper thing was really cool when Orton started because he was kayfabe injuring people and the punt to head thing but when he's not doing that now isn't that just another name for a tough guy like take Triple H with The Game or King of Kings. It didn't change what he was doing at all in his character just a cool title which doesn't really do much (I say this even though I was a huge Triple H fan).
    Updated 03-30-2012 at 02:44 AM by JohnnyV123
    justinjackson...I am not saying that you should never evolve a character but if you are trying to appeal to the audiences that made The Rock and Cena stars you should do your best to remind them why that was especially with The Rock.

Hogan vs. The Rock wouldn't have worked nearly as well if we were having Mr. America fight against Rocky Maivia. That's all I'm saying.
    Well I believe it is under-performing a bit but still enjoyable The only thing I'll say for now is This match and the hype for it would be better If This was "Attitude Era Rock" -with hair Vs. "The Doctor of Thuganomics Cena"!
    While I agree with most of this blog, saying Orton and Jericho have no character is way off. Sure, Randy's pretty bland now, and uber predictable in the ring, but he's had many classic moments. Basically it all went downhill when he became "The Viper". And if you have to have Jericho explained to you then you're exactly the kind of person that he trolls on a regular basis.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.