Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by neil1115
    Well Wrestlemania has absolutely sucked big time the last 4 years and I am getting quite sick of it. Undertakers streak is a waste...it never should have even been anywhere near this long in the first place.... he is the biggest egomaniac going he is never going to job to anyone so they should use WM to elevate someone for the future. The pattern here is quite clear...they keep living in the past and have no confidence in anyone that is going to be around 5 years from now. Jericho/Punk...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Jericho can't deliver a great match anymore. The EDGE/Y2J disaster showed that. They need to push people that show up for more than a month or two a year.

Appreciate you having your opinion, but for the sake of heavens, and hells since I'm talkin about Taker, you want a legend to job to someone? First thing is he has gained a lot of respect & fear backstage, maybe due to his character or his frame. He's grown old and needs certain experienced guys whom he can trust to work in sync with his style. People said a lot last year, but HHH vs Taker was the best match of the night and its not at all overrated. I'd rather have asked for the build for this feud to be improved, but no changes needed in the match itself. Its two veterans, in a type of match which is a playground for both of them.
    The fans live in the past and so does the management 'cause the current roster has failed to step up their game. For months everyone like Austin, JR, Jericho, etc has been saying this when people were bitching about Rock's return. Just 'cause someone is young and talented "wrestler" doesn't mean they get a better long-term push. WWE's focus has always been on entertainment and the sales of their shows, merchandise, etc. It's a business. When you're on Raw or Smackdown or even Superstars for that matter, you're getting a platform to prove yourself and get the audience's attention. If it is noteworthy, you get a push. Then the next stage of mega-push depends on how well you sustain and utilize the push you had in the first place. If you're a generic wrestler without the "IT" factor, you're of no use. People don't attend scripted shows to see athleticism, they want to be entertained. Guys from "THAT" era went through same phases as guys today, but they took the ball and ran with it. They didn't expect spoon-feeding. Each one of them made a difference and maintained their unique character while also diversifying. That's the reason they still get huge pops. Sure younger guys deserve push. But if they fail to put asses in seats, WWE would be charity and not business and fans would be forced to see something by compromising. Nobody wins here except the guys who enjoy their short-term push and paycheck while the co. goes out of business.
    It's as simple as this: WWE needs money, fans need entertainment. Hence the dependency on the previous era superstars.
    Well Wrestlemania has absolutely sucked big time the last 4 years and I am getting quite sick of it. Undertakers streak is a waste...it never should have even been anywhere near this long in the first place.... he is the biggest egomaniac going he is never going to job to anyone so they should use WM to elevate someone for the future. The pattern here is quite clear...they keep living in the past and have no confidence in anyone that is going to be around 5 years from now. Jericho/Punk...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Jericho can't deliver a great match anymore. The EDGE/Y2J disaster showed that. They need to push people that show up for more than a month or two a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntersnider21
    Not to burst your bubble, I just can't see any of tthis happening.

The Streak/Title shouldn't be in the same match, and the reason guys like Triple H face Taker and not Sheamus is because it make it somewhat believable that Taker might lose. Granted, it is number 3 and I'm getting tired of it also, but the only guys you have capable of ending the streak besides the Triple H's, Rock's, etc are Cena and Kane.... MAYBE Orton. Sheamus just isn't believable.

Punk/D-Bry, I may get hate for this, but for some reason, I just don't think neither are at that level to make that match be a big draw. It may be just me, I'm just not feeling that feud right now at all.

I would love to see Cody vs Dustin, more so than Cody vs Show. They should have went with that instead, I agree.

Shane Douglas?? That would have been crap because he just sucks in my opinion.... I'm under 30, so you're right, I have no idea what good that would have done by having him involved. Maybe I missed something?

But, like I said, sorry to knock your card, I'm just not really feeling it.

Very much Agreed!!
    Rock and Cena got boring after the third or fourth face to face meeting. They should have had both Cena and Rock do old style promos far away from each other, no face to face meeting until the Monday before WM, then have Rock slap Cena to wipe that stupid smile on his face, it would give Cena anger for WM.
    get over it, card is set. if you think how shit its going to be compared to what you had in mind youre going to be ruining wrestlemania for yourself.
    Not to burst your bubble, I just can't see any of tthis happening.

The Streak/Title shouldn't be in the same match, and the reason guys like Triple H face Taker and not Sheamus is because it make it somewhat believable that Taker might lose. Granted, it is number 3 and I'm getting tired of it also, but the only guys you have capable of ending the streak besides the Triple H's, Rock's, etc are Cena and Kane.... MAYBE Orton. Sheamus just isn't believable.

Punk/D-Bry, I may get hate for this, but for some reason, I just don't think neither are at that level to make that match be a big draw. It may be just me, I'm just not feeling that feud right now at all.

I would love to see Cody vs Dustin, more so than Cody vs Show. They should have went with that instead, I agree.

Shane Douglas?? That would have been crap because he just sucks in my opinion.... I'm under 30, so you're right, I have no idea what good that would have done by having him involved. Maybe I missed something?

But, like I said, sorry to knock your card, I'm just not really feeling it.
    how and when would the Undertaker win the WHC?

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.