Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder
    Great fucking blog, man! Unlike some of these IWC morons, you actually get it. It's sad to read about how much people hate Eric for things he has no control over, or shit had no part of, and It's happening again in TNA. He's blamed for so much shit that Russo, and AOL did because a lot of the IWC chooses to educate themselves through WWE documentaries, rather than reading about what actually happened.

To me, his biggest faults were when he allowed himself to be bullied and black mailed by talent, fearing they would jump ship. Allowing somebody like Nash to have control is just insane.

Hogan recently said Eric needed the keys to the car, and I honestly believe they should at least give him a chance. Why have a man who revolutionized the business just working as co creative and executive producer? People pray for Paul Heyman to run TNA(Internet darling), and as far as success goes..... Heyman has no idea how to achieve what Eric achieved.
    I actually read Bischoff's book. TNA has went to hell since Hogan/Bischoff arrived with their stupid ideas that havn't worked. They've made mistake after mistake after mistake. When Russo was in charge of creative, it was a helluva lot better product up and down. From the world title to the tag team titles to the Knockouts titles to the X-Division title. All TNA has is the Knockouts division that is any good. Ruined the X-Division with that stupid triple threat concept that didn't work like all the other bright ideas. Thank goodness they stopped with that stupid cam during X-Division matches. All the hype and TNA is doing worse now than when they arrived. They've gotten everything they wanted to make TNA "successful" they need on the road, but can't draw a crowd. They need to be prime time on Monday's....we all know how they went. Beer Money/British Invasion/Dudleyz were battling for the tag gold before Hogan/Bischoff arrived. Now we have, Storm/Gunner, E/Jesse, and Bad Influence? Huge step down!! Now MMA guys joining the company? Don't draw a audience still through ratings or crowd since they arrived. Go out to promote things Hogan and MMA guys.....however, no mention of TNA. How can these guys help TNA if they don't mention them when they are on channels like ESPN?
    I was agreeing with you til you basically the end of the blog. The closing paragraph actually even though you left some accomplishments off there. Yea, Eric made mistakes as did Vince and other great promoters like Paul Heyman among others. There was a lot more to it than just talent and money. Stuff he wanted to do at WCW couldn't be done. AOL took over, it was basically the end because the guys in suits and ties were trying to tell them what they should and shouldn't have on their tv program. That while Vince could do anything he want from DX crotch chops, Sable's well you know, among other things. It became such a pain where he was constantly arguing with top guys they asked him to take time off which is how Russo got in the picture. Eric eventually was asked to return after Russo didn't bring what he said he would to the table. The main problem to me wasn't the contracts or anything you pretty much mentioned even though they were issues. If you can't do what you want on a program and people who don't know wrestling is trying to tell you how to run it......no one, not even Vince McMahon could have made WCW survive.
    Luger was one of my favorite wrestlers in WCW during the Monday Night Wars. I was very excited and happy to see him beat Hogan for the WCW title back in the day on TV. I certainly believe he should be in the HOF at some point, but I figure the Miss Elizabeth things has hurt his rep. Hard to tell if he will get inducted in the hall. The Total Package is one of the best nicknames in my eyes. Yes, he wasn't good on the mic or have as successful career as many projected. He did however have a very good one. I bet several wrestlers would love to have said they accomplished what he did in the wrestling business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Lion
    I agree with your entire blog. I know he catches a lot of heat for what happened to Miss Elizabeth but that is not a factor when I take his in-ring career into consideration. Hell, the guy was an integral past of the best storyline of all time: the creation of the N.W.O. As a kid in the 80's I remember Luger was extra-over with the fans, including myself. His legacy, while not "Legendary", is still underrated.

The way I see it is Elizabeth is a adult and she should be responsible for her actions. Its a sad thing what happened to Liz but Lex Luger shouldn't be blamed for it. Lex loved Liz and he tried the best he can to keep her breathing, After Liz died Lexs life went in a downward spiral and he feels enough guilt without wrestling fans throwing it down his throat. Lex isn't a saint by any means but he is not a murder.

I agree with your comments completely. Every big storyline in WCW and NWA Luger was right in the middle of it. I think Luger had a great career myself, While I was never a huge Luger fan I enjoyed alot of the things he did and in retrospect he accomplished so much in his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder
    Great fucking blog, man! Unlike some of these IWC morons, you actually get it. It's sad to read about how much people hate Eric for things he has no control over, or shit had no part of, and It's happening again in TNA. He's blamed for so much shit that Russo, and AOL did because a lot of the IWC chooses to educate themselves through WWE documentaries, rather than reading about what actually happened.

To me, his biggest faults were when he allowed himself to be bullied and black mailed by talent, fearing they would jump ship. Allowing somebody like Nash to have control is just insane.

Hogan recently said Eric needed the keys to the car, and I honestly believe they should at least give him a chance. Why have a man who revolutionized the business just working as co creative and executive producer? People pray for Paul Heyman to run TNA(Internet darling), and as far as success goes..... Heyman has no idea how to achieve what Eric achieved.
    The Eric Bischoff of today is not the same as the one in 1994, Now he usually relys on what worked in WCW in 1996. Bischoff still thinks Hogan and all the old 80's stars are still draws and Bischoff like Russo just rehash the same storylines they ran in the 90's. So No I don't think Eric should run TNA today, He a great brain to pick or idea guy but I wouldn't put him in charge.... Now the Young Hungry Eric Bischoff of 1994 is a different story, He would be a big asset to TNA... The thing about Eric Bischoff, Just like talent, Management in wrestling has a time and a place, I think Eric's time has passed and he should be proud of the things he accomplished. Wrestling needs someone young and hungry with some great ideas. We seen What Vince Russo, Vince McMahon, Jim Cornette, Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff can do, We need someone to take wrestling by storm like these men did.
    I really liked Luger, he had a great look, was charismatic, a decent talker and while not a great wrestler, certainly a solid wrestler who could put on an exciting match with the right opponent.
    Just watch his title win over Hogan on Nitro in 1997, the crowd go NUTS!
    I agree with your entire blog. I know he catches a lot of heat for what happened to Miss Elizabeth but that is not a factor when I take his in-ring career into consideration. Hell, the guy was an integral past of the best storyline of all time: the creation of the N.W.O. As a kid in the 80's I remember Luger was extra-over with the fans, including myself. His legacy, while not "Legendary", is still underrated.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.