Blog Comments

I agree with Diesel's reign but JBL's reign was a good one...I mean, I he created so much of heat that everyone wanted him to lose...But, the boring reign of all time is Cena's firist reign...he won on JBL..then, he won Y2J/Xtian; come on..he was clearly bood out by audience against Y2J..n then Man he beat even Kurt Angle...no one believed it..n all the arenas have booed him out...it was the boring reign I had ever seen..n then onwards..I got used to boredom in Cena's innumerous championship reigns....
    I was at least entertained in certain ways by almost all the title reigns you mentioned. The reign with miz was the most boring, annoying, stupidest reigns ever and it shouldn't have happened. It was so boring and stupid that they had to have a garbage card at Wrestlemania to try to make it relevant. People were more interested in The Rock and Cena going at it and that's sad.

During the time that goofball had the title (and before it) all of his matches were the same (punches, kicks, help me somebody help me, jizz line in the corner, dick licking finale. And people complain about Cena's matches). Even JBL did things and went through bumps sometimes to make him a credible champion which made me respect him even though I hated him as champion. The miz should be 1-5. Matches, promos, abilities and skills in the ring. He blows chunks all the way around, and the only reason why people like him is because he started to talk about Cena when he was a midcarder. Nuff said. For those who don't agree, ready, set, complain and bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Conquistador
    john cenas 2006 - 2007 reign should have been number 1
    i like the guy but i couldn't believe how they short changed people on quickie main events, the constant drop in ratings and a complete over turn to anti cena fans that still hasn't been rectified to this day and yet the wwe never made a change
    the only thing that saved us was his injury which occurred during the mass wellness policy suspensions meaning this god awful reign could have stretched on a lot longer

again i like cena but that whole year was spent burying every credible star to make cena into hogan 2.0

but i digress
    decent post
    arguable line-up however and overuse of the word boring
    How was Cena's title reign bad? He had great matches during his reign with Bobby Lashley, Shawn Michaels, Edge, and Randy Orton. I'm really not a fan of long year WWE title reigns but his reign is FAR from being the worst IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Choosen One
    You are calling ECW a legit number 3...What in the hell was the AWA? Behind the WWWF and the NWA, AWA was a legit number 3. A promotion that has created way more stars in this industry than ECW and Paul Heyman could ever dream of. Just because Verne Gagne wasnt smart enough to move with certain trends like closed circut tv events and then PPVs like WWF and NWA did doesnt make the AWA a lesser promotion than ECW. Throwing up ECW's timeslot on TNN makes absolutely no sense. AWA had a nice little timeslot at 4pm on ESPN, that I promise you received higher ratings than anything ECW did on TNN. A program that ESPN Classic still airs, maybe you should check it out sometime.

"Cena Sucks" .... WTF? I never said that....Hmmmm
    I never called you an idiot...WTF? Hmmmmm

I agree though your blog is indeed flawed...thanks for pointing out the obvious, not that you needed to though.

DONE!!!
    AWA was a dead promotion, it wasnt easy to follow, they were several title mergers and Lawler barley defend the title, I dont consider the AWA especially in 1988.... and not to mention that Lawler refused to defended it unless he got paid a certain amount and he advertised himself champ even after being stripped, it was very indy like..... ECWs Reign with Justin Credible was a ECW reign, it was defend, it could be follwed and even though ECW was pretty close to being dead it was still a relevant company and AWA simply wasnt in 1988...... Just cause you have a few shows on ESPN in the afternoon doesnt make you a relevant company....... but just to shut your face up i changed the title.

and its a list I did without being biased, I tried the best I Couldto just go by facts and knowledge I had seen (ie DVDs and so on). I dont know a list that isnt Flawed. So instead of being a Prick, you could just debate and give me reasons why the reigns I put shouldnt be put on their.In the several 100s of reigns in Wrestling and the millions of fans im sure some one would find a problem with my list or maybe someone did like Yokos reign.... But the point is how ever you slice it, I would take Kerry Von Eric vs Jerry Lalwer or Curt Henning vs Jerry Lawler match over Yokozuna vs Undertaker casket match any day of the week, I would take Jerry Lawlers worse match ever over that match....

The reason The Ultimate Warrior is on the list is simply cause his reign should of been anything but boring, Warrior was anything but boring, attack his work rate, his saintiy but he wasnt boring and to have the reign he had its disappointing and suprising he had such a dull reign as champion.

So the point is, AWA wasnt a exciting promotion, the Champions they had after lawler were just as bad cause the promotion was dead... And to go on Old time Wrestlers who had multiple title reigns is just not with in the list rules.... plus to Judge there reigns is unfair, cause what passed for a good match and a promo in the 1960s might not now, not to mention that wrestling was totally different back then and had to lok like a legit sport... so its really hard for me to go back and look at George Hackensmith and be biased cause it just wouldnt be fair.
    Updated 09-12-2011 at 10:38 PM by THE_CRIPPLER
    You are calling ECW a legit number 3...What in the hell was the AWA? Behind the WWWF and the NWA, AWA was a legit number 3. A promotion that has created way more stars in this industry than ECW and Paul Heyman could ever dream of. Just because Verne Gagne wasnt smart enough to move with certain trends like closed circut tv events and then PPVs like WWF and NWA did doesnt make the AWA a lesser promotion than ECW. Throwing up ECW's timeslot on TNN makes absolutely no sense. AWA had a nice little timeslot at 4pm on ESPN, that I promise you received higher ratings than anything ECW did on TNN. A program that ESPN Classic still airs, maybe you should check it out sometime.

"Cena Sucks" .... WTF? I never said that....Hmmmm
    I never called you an idiot...WTF? Hmmmmm

I agree though your blog is indeed flawed...thanks for pointing out the obvious, not that you needed to though.

DONE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Choosen One
    The Savage/Warrior was match was great regardless of it being a world title match or not. What I said was if the match had been for the title like planned before the Gulf War happened, it would be talked about even today as on of the greatest world title matches in WM history.

When talking about Lawler I was speaking of his reigns as AWA World Champion. I never said anything about any over seas promotions either. Im talking in terms of WWWF/WWF/WWE/WCW/NWA/AWA.....Those are the Promotions that are considered to have valid World Champions. Funny you said you didnt want to include USWA but are quick to use ECW, that alone is funny as hell to me.

You are just to defensive about your lame attempt at a history lesson. You said it wouldnt be fair....if you arent going to do a fair blog on boring reigns in history, you shouldnt title it as such.
    And what the Hell does Warrior and Savage having a awesome match have to do with me putting Warrior in boringest champions list?.

So Lawler who was basicly a indy champ, cause the AWA was pretty much done, counts? the reason Lawler had a bad reign (which he never had a good one) was a dispute between Lawler and the AWA, so it isnt really fair to put Lawler in the list. plus your talking about AWA, your talking about Lawler who was USWA champion and AWA champion, you are getting in a totally different ball game here.... ECW had PPVS and a national tv deal in prime time, it was the legit number 3 promotion and Plus Justin credible lost the ECW title in the ring not cause of disputes and lawyers...... you know why dont you write a list and put your stupid picks on your list.....I dont mind if someone points out with in the rules, Flaws I have in my list cause they are some, but you are just talking about the dumbest shit, confusing Warriors World title and IC title reign.... Talking about What could of been if the War in Iraq didnt happen.... Telling me how im a idoit cause Warrior and Savage had a classic match at Wrestlemania 7 which i mention in the blog..... If someone wants to dispute this list please do, but if you are gonna say "Cena Sucks" and argue points that have nothing to do with the list then its a waste.... and plus Lawler had a Pretty Good match with Kerry Von Eric which is more than i can say for Yoko
    Updated 09-12-2011 at 07:51 PM by THE_CRIPPLER
    The Savage/Warrior was match was great regardless of it being a world title match or not. What I said was if the match had been for the title like planned before the Gulf War happened, it would be talked about even today as on of the greatest world title matches in WM history.

When talking about Lawler I was speaking of his reigns as AWA World Champion. I never said anything about any over seas promotions either. Im talking in terms of WWWF/WWF/WWE/WCW/NWA/AWA.....Those are the Promotions that are considered to have valid World Champions. Funny you said you didnt want to include USWA but are quick to use ECW, that alone is funny as hell to me.

You are just to defensive about your lame attempt at a history lesson. You said it wouldnt be fair....if you arent going to do a fair blog on boring reigns in history, you shouldnt title it as such.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.