Blog Comments

Maybe Im wrong or maybe its just me, but I consider a "transitional champion" to be taking the title off one guy, to transition it to another by using another Wrestler.

Like your example number 4, The Iron Sheik. He beat Backlund, just so he could drop it to Hogan. That way it prevented Hogan from wrestling Backlund. So I do consider Sheik a transitional champion.

My opinion when a Wrestler loses his belt but then wins it back in a rematch, the title never really transitioned to anyone other the original title holder. Lots of people differ on that, and Im not calling you wrong for it. I just dont think that way. ... again not saying you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Choosen One
    You have your "facts" wrong about Kerry Von Erich. He did defeat Ric Flair at the Parade of Champions for the NWA World Title. And you are correct with him losing back to Flair only a few weeks later. But he lost the title back to Flair in Japan. The show you are talking about that had Michael Hayes and the Freebirds involvement was a Christmas day show in Texas. Flair was the Champion and Von Erich was the challenger.

The Parade of Champions were Von Erich won the World Championship was sometime in April or May of 1984. The cage match you are talking about happen in December of 1982. So that had nothing to do with him losing the title to back to Ric Flair.

You should really fact check these things before you post your blogs.

I only read number 5, I will check back with you if I find more errors in your facts.

You're welcome though....cause im sure you are going to say thank you...right?
    Actually i didnt watch the title reign so i dont know much about WCCW but you dont have to have seen it live to appreciate the Moment..... and Honestly I was going say Thank you and I will make sure to Fix that but you were just a little prick in your last sentace. so I think i will say Fuck you instead.
    You have your "facts" wrong about Kerry Von Erich. He did defeat Ric Flair at the Parade of Champions for the NWA World Title. And you are correct with him losing back to Flair only a few weeks later. But he lost the title back to Flair in Japan. The show you are talking about that had Michael Hayes and the Freebirds involvement was a Christmas day show in Texas. Flair was the Champion and Von Erich was the challenger.

The Parade of Champions were Von Erich won the World Championship was sometime in April or May of 1984. The cage match you are talking about happen in December of 1982. So that had nothing to do with him losing the title to back to Ric Flair.

You should really fact check these things before you post your blogs.

I only read number 5, I will check back with you if I find more errors in your facts.

You're welcome though....cause im sure you are going to say thank you...right?
    Quote Originally Posted by aja1333
    Yep, I made a mistake. And it's got nothing to do with YOUR blog, it just so happened to be the 6th or 7th one I've read in last three days with this problem. Do you always sound like Triple H in your responses? "Here is the thing guy." Classic Hunter. I suppose I will take the role of CM Punk in this situation. I want to see some change in these blogs. I want proper spelling, grammar, and use of the English language. Does your wife keep your dictionary in her purse? PIPE BOMB! (And in case you can't tell, I'm being facetious. Keep on keepin' on. This whole thing got blown way out of proportion. Keep writing, I'm sure you'll improve.)
    Is that your sad attempt of trying to be funny?.... So you want everyone on here to have perfect grammar and spelling in their blogs but your spelling and grammar is just as poor in your 2 sentace replys?.... You know im bitchy when it comes to these things cause I constantly say im sorry in my post for the poor grammar and the misspells and still i get these comments.... And noo my blogs wont get better in grammar cause its not my main concern.
    Updated 09-13-2011 at 11:10 PM by THE_CRIPPLER
    thetheme, this is transitional champions, people who were given the title just to make someone else IMMEDIATELY look good against them

The Miz, had a 6 month title reign in which he won the title from Orton, defended it against Orton, then against Morrison, Then against Cena at WM before finally losing it a month later, that is not transitional

Swagger also had a significant title reign, lasting 4 months in which he held onto the title against Orton and Big Show before finally losing it to Mysterio, again, not a transitional

cant remember much about it, but Truth also had a 4 month reign as champion in TNA, thats not exactly transitional even though he was I would consider the first true TNA champion under the current brand stamp

as for the others, yeah, I could see Hardy making the list, if it wasnt for his TNA title reign, but since he was given a significant reign that also included successful title defences, he became ineligeble for the list

the other two where never really stars as singles competetors, at least not at the same level as the people currently on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CRIPPLER
    Isnt it "If You're going to write" not your... See annoying isnt it? You write a 50 word reply and I find a mistake.....
    Here is the thing guy, it will never be perfect no matter how much i proof read it. Im not a good or great writer for sure, hell im not even decent..... What i dont get is why out of all the fucking blogs on this site you pick mine to bitch about grammer and spelling when how flawed mine are which i admit the spelling and grammar isnt up to par..... You pride your self on spelling and grammar and your replys are pretty flawed.
    Yep, I made a mistake. And it's got nothing to do with YOUR blog, it just so happened to be the 6th or 7th one I've read in last three days with this problem. Do you always sound like Triple H in your responses? "Here is the thing guy." Classic Hunter. I suppose I will take the role of CM Punk in this situation. I want to see some change in these blogs. I want proper spelling, grammar, and use of the English language. Does your wife keep your dictionary in her purse? PIPE BOMB! (And in case you can't tell, I'm being facetious. Keep on keepin' on. This whole thing got blown way out of proportion. Keep writing, I'm sure you'll improve.)
    The miz should be on the list (even though he should have never won the titl
    e in the first place). What about Jack Swagger? Stan Stasiak, Jeff Hardy (wwe), Ron "The (R) Truth Killings (tna), Ron Simmons (wcw). Just to name a few.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.