Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Bagg
    I dunno man, thats pretty ridiculous to think ROH would be ok with Cena coming in and beating say Davey Richards. Theyd lose their entire fan base (or a good chunk of it), even just having cena on the show would do that, let alone having him beat Richards and take that title. I see what youre saying with everything else, but ROH wouldnt touch him
    Im pretty sure ROH would, cause its all about money..... Cena being on their show get them noticerd.... If Cena is taken to the limit by some unknown guy from a indy fed they will build a big fan base... not to mention they will sell my more DVDs and tickets in Cenas one appreance than all their shows combined.
    Updated 09-22-2011 at 11:26 PM by THE_CRIPPLER
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CRIPPLER
    Well if you go by that theory than Ric Flair was only a 10 time champion, Cause the other title reigns were 4 WCW and 2 WWF. which would be exculsive to that one promotion.

Ric Flair wrestled in different Places but the guys he wrestled outside of Crockett promotions and so on wasnt really guys that could hold the title... it be like John Cena or Randy Orton going to ROH, PWG, Evolve and facing their number one heel or face, of course Cena is gonna win cause he has the most exposure and he is the most well known... seriously if WWE said "Hey ROH we are gonna send Cena to your promotion and have him beat your number one baby face" You think ROH wouldnt agree to it? you have a mainstream star coming to your small promotion, Your gonna make money and get your guys names out there win lose or draw....... So yeah I wont say it doesnt count cause the way NWA was run compared to WWE. I would say they are different reigns, and different times. Its hard to compare the 2... and Honestly since when did Title regins Decide how great a wrestler is?..... Today Amount of title reigns mean nothing really as oposed to 30 years ago, when it was a huge deal if you were a 2 time champion let alone 10.

I dunno man, thats pretty ridiculous to think ROH would be ok with Cena coming in and beating say Davey Richards. Theyd lose their entire fan base (or a good chunk of it), even just having cena on the show would do that, let alone having him beat Richards and take that title. I see what youre saying with everything else, but ROH wouldnt touch him
    Quote Originally Posted by AOF666
    The whole idea that John Cena beats records Flair doesn't matter. In my book it doesn't count. Flair wrestled in different territories and worked his way up to the championship. John Cena has only wrestled in WWE, in reality it doesn't count.
    Well if you go by that theory than Ric Flair was only a 10 time champion, Cause the other title reigns were 4 WCW and 2 WWF. which would be exculsive to that one promotion.

Ric Flair wrestled in different Places but the guys he wrestled outside of Crockett promotions and so on wasnt really guys that could hold the title... it be like John Cena or Randy Orton going to ROH, PWG, Evolve and facing their number one heel or face, of course Cena is gonna win cause he has the most exposure and he is the most well known... seriously if WWE said "Hey ROH we are gonna send Cena to your promotion and have him beat your number one baby face" You think ROH wouldnt agree to it? you have a mainstream star coming to your small promotion, Your gonna make money and get your guys names out there win lose or draw....... So yeah I wont say it doesnt count cause the way NWA was run compared to WWE. I would say they are different reigns, and different times. Its hard to compare the 2... and Honestly since when did Title regins Decide how great a wrestler is?..... Today Amount of title reigns mean nothing really as oposed to 30 years ago, when it was a huge deal if you were a 2 time champion let alone 10.
    Updated 09-22-2011 at 05:34 PM by THE_CRIPPLER
    The whole idea that John Cena beats records Flair doesn't matter. In my book it doesn't count. Flair wrestled in different territories and worked his way up to the championship. John Cena has only wrestled in WWE, in reality it doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by dub
    Gotcha, good blog BTW. But I did want to ask you about Cornettes booking. I think when it comes to wrestling fans we are all about the here and now...What is WWE/TNA doing now? And IMO they are pretty average not because of their talent but because of their booking and storylines. BUT when you look at Cornette and what he is "currently" doing over in ROH (Not the past cause you make some excelent points about him BOMBING) You can't help but think: WHY in the world hasn't a major company signed these guys???? El Generico, Eddie Edwards, Briscoes, All Night Express, Davey Richards, Roderick Strong, Sara Del Ray..etc. I think what he is "currently" doing with those guys and that company is nothing short of amazing. The matches are always great & they push different wrestlers so you don't get the the same repetitive main eventers over & over & over again. I think the fans like his booking "now" because he is everything that the WWE & TNA isn't. CANT WAIT FOR THE PREMIER SATURDAY! *Thoughts*
    I dont think Cornette is booking ROH, I think he is a on air charecter only.... The thing about the indys, is its much different than WWE or TNA. For example, Before his match with Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards trained for 2 monthes for the match and worked it over with Eddie Edwards, They also had a 45 min main event. Now in WWE you dont get monthes to train for a match, your on the road tired and beat up, you can barely get time to work out let alone train. and you get maybe 20 mins to work a main event match.... Then the WWE also take precautions, The Indy feds dont. Indy guys like to do brain busters off the top, VertaBreakers, Modified DVDs and alot of impactful moves on the neck and back, also alot of high flying moves that do alot of damage to the knees and cause injury to oppents. Now doing these moves a few times a month is ok but 20 times a month, leaves alot of room for injury or premature retirment. So in WWE they dont allow their Wrestler to use these moves in every match, cause The WWE invest alot a time and money in their talent, The WWE has Furture plans, PPVs and merchendising set around talent, so they cant afford them getting hurt in a 10 min raw match that means nothing or some house show.... So you take away these moves, You take away the monthes to train for the matches, you take away the 45 mins to build a story. Then these guys are like a fish out of water. Which is why some huge indy stars just cant make it in the big leauges.... in WWE you get 10 mins on Raw to tell a compeling story, in Indys you get 25 mins or so. Some talent just cant do it. Than being on TV every week 2 times a week, over expouses wrestlers. So just cause someone is big in the indys doesnt mean they will work in WWE or TNA and vice versa.
    Yo man......Long title reigns draw bigger numbers and make more ppl interested. Titles are literally meaningless when they hop around 4 times in a month, and by then, why do i care if someone wins one. Which is bad considering 99% of wwe feuds are "im better than you and im taking that title". I understand that yeah, theres about ooohhh, 4 hours a week more wrestling (pardon me, entertainment) on TV than there used to be, i get it, i think everyone in the IWC, oops, IEC gets it. BUT why do they HAVE to do that. Why did ZIggler get a one week title reign last year? Why did Christian get a 2 day title reign followed by a 1 month title reign? Only to lose it to Orton, so he can lose it a month later to henry, who'll hold it a month and then lose it to orton, wholl hold it for another month and so on and so on. Why should i care about any of that, why should anybody? because again the point is this: feuds are about going for titles in wwe right now and right now those titles mean dick. All of them. I know, i know "then dont watch", and i havent, i watch ROH, where i get what i need.
    Honestly, my problem with the MOD for cena is yeah like Amerinaine said....its all he has. And he gets the crap beat out of him, but pulls the MOD out of his ass. So its not that he does it that bothers me, it is how he does it... but good blog

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.