Blog Comments

Don't know about Owen. I heard about some of the jokes, and they were a bit sophomor(on)ic.

I find a lot of wrestlers interesting and likeable.. guys like Jake the Snake and Jeff Hardy. Selfdestructive, yes, but interesting.

Ricky Steamboat is a true gem because he stayed such a friendly guy in a business that wasn't very friendly. Would be a perfect neighbor. Not a friend though, too nice.

In current WWE: I'd like to drink a beer with John Cena, the Miz and Edge.

I still find Trish Stratus very likeable.. but I don't know if that decision is made by my brain or other body parts.
    Updated 09-24-2011 at 06:29 AM by Marx (Changed of into if.. Dutchie translate typo..)
    Very interesting thoughts. I have to agree with you on the title picture. When I consider that Cena is about to be Flair's record for title runs I just laugh. As you pointed out, Flair was the champ during a different time when it was much more difficult to hold the title. Now the WWE will put the title on someone to see if it sticks with the fans. In the NWA/Territory days you had to prove yourself to be a draw before the NWA board would put the title on you.

I would compare it to the steroid scandal in baseball. The records that were set before steroids were widely used are held in higher esteem than the records set since steroids are common. Anytime you hear an analyst discussing records they mention steroids like an asterisk to make the point that it is a record but it is tainted.

I think the same thing can be said about the World Heavyweight Title in the WWE. Cena is about to break Flair's record... *but the title changes hands 20 or more times a year, versus 2-3 times a year in the territory days so it is a guarantee that Flair's record was going down.*
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Choosen One
    You always hear that huh? What a joke!!! You dont ever hear that shit and you know it. No one on earth says here is 160 days World Champion CM Punk. They would say CM Punk a 3 time world champion. LMFAO!!!

Do you ever read books or do you just go to Wiki for your information? Or is the shit you write about some bs opinion of yours? Read Beniot's book, read Lesnar's book, read Getting Heat the Hard Way and they will all say the same thing. Vince McMahon does shit like that to remove mention of certain people. Especially at the time when Brock Lesnar had a lawsuit against Vince McMahon and the WWE. These things are facts Crippler, its not my opinion.

Love how you said Beniot wasn't working as champion, but he held the title one time for a longer time than all of Orton's title reigns combined. SOOOOOO by your logic ...... LMFAO!!!
    Did i say Orton was working?. Benoit wasnt even the main event...he took a back seat to HBK and HHHs feud and then he faced HHH and Eugene was more the focus of that feud than Benoit as, iwas to push HHH and Eugene........ So why dont Vince have someone break Brunos Record o a 7 nyear title Reign?.... so you go by theory that Vince decided to remove Lesnars name by putting the title on Orton?... Sorry the whole Storyline was Orton was gonna be Champion soon, Very Soon they were building Orton to be a champion, Thats the reason they had the Orton Foley feud. And Lesnar was still in WWE.... You can read all the books in the world, i will stick by my Orton won the title cause of booking plans and not anything to do with Lesnar.

and since When is 160 day champion a big Deal?. and honestly i meant the IWC, they are the ones going nuts about the Flair reign being broken....
    They mentioned the John Cena title record maybe 1 time. They mention the JBL title reign everytime his name is mentioned.

Honbestly it just depends on chareter, Flairs charecter matched the braging of being the 16 time champion. Booker Ts charecter revolved around being 5 time champion, So did DDPs.... JBLs charecter matches the braging of the 9 month title reign.

To think John Cena winning 16 world titles has anything to do with burrying Flair is plain Stupid, maybe the dumbest thing I heard on a wrestling site.... If Vince wants Flair off the record books then he remove him and wouldnt have him all over promo packages and WWE 24/7.....and dont give the "Well Flair on WWE 24/7 makes him money" cause thats bull shit no one pays 7 dollars a month to hope to see Ric Flair.... Plus Lesnar has a DVD out dedicated to his career comming out and he is all over the extras of the recent WWE DVDs... Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan and all these men who have heat with the WWE were on the 50 greatest WWE superstars list... Not to mention, I think Jeff Hardy is the youngest IC champion of all times, Why didnt Vince try to take him from the record books? or Put the IC title on Beth Phonix fast to take Chyna off the record books?... Your theory has wayyyyy to many holes and it is just a theory.... I think Vince Mcmahon along with the casual fan could give a shit about Flair reign.
    You always hear that huh? What a joke!!! You dont ever hear that shit and you know it. No one on earth says here is 160 days World Champion CM Punk. They would say CM Punk a 3 time world champion. LMFAO!!!

Do you ever read books or do you just go to Wiki for your information? Or is the shit you write about some bs opinion of yours? Read Beniot's book, read Lesnar's book, read Getting Heat the Hard Way and they will all say the same thing. Vince McMahon does shit like that to remove mention of certain people. Especially at the time when Brock Lesnar had a lawsuit against Vince McMahon and the WWE. These things are facts Crippler, its not my opinion.

Love how you said Beniot wasn't working as champion, but he held the title one time for a longer time than all of Orton's title reigns combined. SOOOOOO by your logic ...... LMFAO!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Choosen One
    Fn crazy....no one is going to care how long a champion as held a title. They only care about the number of times the title was held. Why else do they say so and so is a 9 time champion? No one says John Doe has held the title for 200 days so that makes him better than anyone. Its the number of title reigns thats the bigger issue.

Vince McMahon does shit like this so his company has the records. Do you really think Randy Orton would have became the youngest World Champion in history if Brock Lesnar didnt leave the WWE and then sue the company? No he wouldnt have, it was done to remove Brock's name from the "record books".

So if VInce McMahon wants John Cena or anyone else to hold a World title more than Ric Flair then he will, for nothing else but to remove Flair's name from the "record books", so a WWE Wrestler has the record.

The amount a time a title is held has nothing to do with anything, NO ONE CARES ABOUT THAT!!!!
    Well i care about that, im sure others care about that..... You think Vince made Randy Orton champion cause of Brock Lesnar? That is some theory, It is also petty. The whole Year was built around Randy Orton and HHH having a feud for the Championship at Wrestlemania... It was Heel Randy and Evolution to take on Face HHH. Randy Orton would hold off HHH till Wrestlemania when HHH gets his title back... Randy became so over and Benoit wasnt working as Champion, So Vince took the title off Benoit and put it on Randy, it was planed in advance..... It took a turn cause Randy got so over with his legend killer gimmick and HHH refused to turn Face.... Point is Vince didnt make Orton champion cause of Lesnar, he made him champion cause it was the plan all along. Orton was gonna be the one to emerge a star in Evolution.

I always hear about Bruno Carrying the title 7 years and Backlund 6 years. So yes time means everything..... I rarely hear them talk about how many times someone as been champion. I actually didnt know John Cena broke the record until that night. I actually heard about JBLs 9 month title alot more than Cena 12 title reigns.
    Fn crazy....no one is going to care how long a champion as held a title. They only care about the number of times the title was held. Why else do they say so and so is a 9 time champion? No one says John Doe has held the title for 200 days so that makes him better than anyone. Its the number of title reigns thats the bigger issue.

Vince McMahon does shit like this so his company has the records. Do you really think Randy Orton would have became the youngest World Champion in history if Brock Lesnar didnt leave the WWE and then sue the company? No he wouldnt have, it was done to remove Brock's name from the "record books".

So if VInce McMahon wants John Cena or anyone else to hold a World title more than Ric Flair then he will, for nothing else but to remove Flair's name from the "record books", so a WWE Wrestler has the record.

The amount a time a title is held has nothing to do with anything, NO ONE CARES ABOUT THAT!!!!
    Great freaking blog man!!! You are spot on with everything you said, especially with the 5 MOD statement.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.