Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bowman
    Lex Luger vs. Yokozuna at Summerslam was pretty bad as well.
    I was was gonna put that match on the List but With Luger and Yokos track record at that time I dont think anyone expected a classic. Expectation were pretty low for this match but damn they couldnt even meet them.

Very Good choice. It's def number 6 or 7 on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bowman
    What about Undartaker vs. Mankind in HIAC? That's technically a rematch and the match I will most remember for the rest of my life!!!! It was so awesome that I can't express it in words!!!I have the upmost respect for Mick Foley.
    Yes it was a Great match. But its so hard with people calling it a spot fest and basicly the whole match was around the 2 big bumps..... but another reason is thaTaker d Mankinds other matches were never really considered Great matches before that one, They had Good ones but nothing that really stood out... plus i wanted to stay away from Gimmick matches IE Hell in the Cell and Ladder. Other wise i put one of the 4 TLC matches.... but mostly cause of the uniqueness of the Taker and Mankind Hell in the Cell match and the matches before it not really being considered anything better than good or ok.
    What about Undartaker vs. Mankind in HIAC? That's technically a rematch and the match I will most remember for the rest of my life!!!! It was so awesome that I can't express it in words!!!I have the upmost respect for Mick Foley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parallax
    I agree with your list except for the thing about the Cena/Michaels match from Wrestlemania 23.

I was there in Ford Field that night. Cena was booed heavily during his entrance. So much so that you couldn't hear the ring announcer. Then mostly ignored for the rest of the night. So much so that fans stopped paying attention to it, and instead spent part of the match trading "F*ck John Cena/F*ck Shawn Michaels" chants. Not directed at the guys in the ring though. They were yelling that at each other, simply to entertain themselves. The match was secondary. Good thing it was on last, because it stunk up the house. Which sucks for HBK, because he was working very hard to carry Cena. And make no mistake, although I'm not as critical of the guy as most people are, was absolutely being carried.

It was godawful. The crowd was NOT happy with the ending. The second it was over, about 70% of the people got up to leave immediately, and didn't even wait for the confetti to drop. Walking out of the building that night, EVERYONE within earshot over the age of 12(which was the vast majority of the crowd) was talking about how bad it was. More than a few were literally yelling about how the match was bullshit.

And don't trust the audio or video on the DVD release of the event. WWE edited it so much that the crowd sounds a little too "pro-Cena". They added cheers that never happened, deleted much of the booing. It's pathetic. After Cena won, the camera angles were limited to close-ups and very brief sword shots because WWE didn't want people seeing just how much of the audience was walking out.

"Classic"? Not even close. Their rematch was better? Of course it was. But that's really not saying much.

But on a lighter note, I literally bumped into Linda McMahon while I was walking to the bathroom before the show started. For some reason she was walking around the corridors of the building, and immediately ducked into a service door once people realized who she was. It was pretty amusing seeing her almost run away.

Other than that, great list. But more than that, a GREAT idea for a blog. Kudos to you my friend.
    I seen the match live on PPV.....I understand where your comming from, Some matches just cant be appricated live. Plus their is so much going on, With he crowd chanting, viewing problems,People getting up and sitting down, just endless distractions, You just cant get fully in to the match.... I remember seeing Lesnar and Angle at Wrestlemania 19, and after being their for 4 hours, having beer spilled on me and having people go past me all night I wasnt in to the match too much and i remember being disappointed. Then I seen it On DVD and it was a different match... You cant see the emoiton on peoples face, you cant get the full story of a match sometimes if your their live, and it also depends on the person and whats going on.
    Updated 10-09-2011 at 09:08 PM by THE_CRIPPLER
    Lex Luger vs. Yokozuna at Summerslam was pretty bad as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LMPunker
    i agree with all of them but seems harsh to have austin hbk on there concidering hbk could have been crippled if he took a bad bump
    Yeah I know, but if you read on the list i mentioned several times how gutsy both men were for working while hurt and ShawnBasicly crippled pulled out a pretty Good match showing why Shawn even at his worse is still better than most the guys on the roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Next Big Thing
    im gonna check out part 2 in a minute, but crippler i must say im loving your top 5 lists. i see youve inspired a bunch of copycats of late but yours is the best by a distance, great structure and insight sir
    Thank you... I didnt invent top 5 list, but sinc emine they have been a few popping up lately. I do envy most of them for having better grammar and spelling then I do. What I dont understand is why no one has used my picture then number and name written in bold below each entry in the countdown style of writting, it does make it more enjoyable to read.

What ets mebout these top 5 list is 4 will pop in my head instantly but the 5th will always take hours of thinking haha.... But Thanks man, hopfully you will enjoy the others.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.