Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly
    Let me put THIS into perspective: Punk...held...the title..for 434 days. That's plenty of time to be an asset for the company. Rock did it. Punk couldn't. Apples never have and never will equate to oranges.
    Only to end up losing it to a part timer who has nothing left to prove. Quick if someone said Hogan should get another title reign everyone says he doesn't need neither does the rock. It is the equivalent of putting the WCW Title on David Arquette
    Alright guys... i dont normally comment. The Rock going over Punk is the EXACT same reason why WCW didnt winthe monday night wars. WCW was content with letting their legendary proven names hog the spotlight, while the midcard up and comers never got a chance. During the attitude era WWE was forced to elevate their guys to top notch stars. WCW kept Austin in the midcard... look what he did in WWE. They need to learn a lesson from history... the only way to grow is to udevelop young talent. Lucky for WWE, TNA keeps Hogan and Sting center stage, not letting young guys in the spotlight. Just think... what if Wade Barrett stepped up, calling out Lesnar and his "professional" training, while Barrett learned his skills in back alleys where there is no referee or bell. And the two have a last man standing match at Mania... and Barrett WINS! WWE is digging their own grave buy not putting young talent over returning stars
    I am a fan of the Rock, but him holding the title now does nothing for him. He has done it all apart from beating Taker at Wrestlemania.

The more I think about it the more it sickens me that they could give it to him just to produce buys.

I've gone off wrestling again cause it just does not cater for everyone anymore, just the Cena dick hoppers.
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391
    Let's put this into perspective. When the Rock was first the WWF Champion back in the 90s how would it be if he had a long time and Hogan just comes back and takes the title off him and only shows up part time. Same fucking thing
    Let me put THIS into perspective: Punk...held...the title..for 434 days. That's plenty of time to be an asset for the company. Rock did it. Punk couldn't. Apples never have and never will equate to oranges.
    Let's put this into perspective. When the Rock was first the WWF Champion back in the 90s how would it be if he had a long time and Hogan just comes back and takes the title off him and only shows up part time. Same fucking thing
    Relaying my thoughts perfectly into a coherent argument, thank you.

I am a massive Rock fan but guys like him would have never made it to the top and achieved the levels of success they did had there growth been stunted by part timers consistently. People on here talk about the current generation lacking the star power of greats like the rock but i think the real shame lies in the fact that they are not afforded the resources (meaningful character driving storylines, marketing, effective promo time, in ring opportunities) of past talents. The wwe is becoming increasingly conservative in their approach to business and this is hampering the young men desperately trying to break out and become the next big thing (no pun intended).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorts For Life
    God shut up and stop bitching... Rock is an all time great and has nothing to prove to anyone... Punk was champion for over 400 days and it got stale... Ratings have never been lower and Rock will help bring people back in to watch. Punk got his run be happy with it and get over it... Obviously Rock will be around for the next two months until wrestlemania and it's great to see him as champion one more time
    You just proved his point. "...and has nothing left to prove." So why give a man who has nothing left to prove the WWE championship?
Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 59 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.