Blog Comments

Though I do tend to echo some of your sentiments, I fear that you yourself are somewhat guilty of complaining yourself and not in an exactly constructive way considering that you're implying that some of the examples you listed are objectively great. For instance, you say that Lesnar/Punk, Wyatt/Kane, the Total Divas match, and Cena/Bryan were all good matches and that Summerslam was an incredible PPV. Though, you could just be stating your opinion, you sound almost too sure of yourself as if you were stating actual facts rather than opinion. This could be a problem if you're trying to reach out to the audience you're intending to speak out to which in this case, seems to be IWC members who can never be happy. Although you have the right to assume that the complainers are in the wrong, it would probably be best to ask yourself why they feel this way. Try walking a mile in their shoes and understand their frustration instead of blindly shooting down IWC propaganda like "The Attitude Era was the best!" and "WWE needs to push more talent!" because although it might make for rather hilarious backlash from the IWC, who poorly support their stances with blanket statements and all caps, that doesn't necessarily address the issue you're trying to remedy, does it?

3/5 stars. More of a rant than a blog although that might have been the point. At least it's not another "Top 10" or "Wrestlemania 30 Prediction" blog so I thank you for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by CULTOFPERSONALITY
    As for this blog from Rated_R(ob)KO, it's greatly flawed & not accurately correct on your facts especially in terms of The Rock & the business elements. You say business hasn't improved? You are factually wrong in more ways then one. The last three Wrestlemania PPV events w/ The Rock have reached over the 1 million buy rate mark while the five prior Wrestlemania PPV events none of them got higher then the 800 thousand buy rate mark & that was only one Wrestlemania out of the five to hit that mark as the rest were far lower. Viewership has improved (grealty in many ways) when The Rock is on BUT that's when people actually KNOW he's going to be on.But the real issue is WWE's marketing which is terribly lackluster & their cockeyed strategy on how they market & advertise is dreadful. I mean for example: WWE advertises as the main attraction for Smackdown a weight lifting competition between Ryback & Mark Henry??? When they should be advertising that The Rock is going to be on instead. He's the true main attraction let alone the biggest & most globe name the WWE has by a long shot. When WWE does advertise correctly the ratings do rise. Something WWE doesn't do anymore is market & advertise on other networks like they did 10-12 years ago. When The Rock returned in 2011 on RAW that show's viewership hit upwards to 7-8 million viewers which was highest rated viewership RAW had in a decade but word got out early that he was the man to be named the host of Wrestlemania & people tuned in but also the media tuned & covered it as well such as Entertainment Weekly, Yahoo, Hitflix, & many others. I could keep going on here but I think I've made my point in showing you are wrong.You can be ignorant or whatever but you didn't prove anyone wrong & whether you like or not The Rock makes for far better business for WWE. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Sometimes a short term solution is not good for overall business (e.g NWO running for as long as it did) The Rock does make money but how legitimacy is being taken away from present superstars? It shows that the E lacks confidence in its present roster and needs to acquire writers that actually give a damn instead of ones that go for cheap sales. The crowd in NJ was unbelieveable and if the E can ignite passion from the crowd, then they will crush present ratings. I say...let Rated_R(ob)KO do it.
    As for this blog from Rated_R(ob)KO, it's greatly flawed & not accurately correct on your facts especially in terms of The Rock & the business elements. You say business hasn't improved? You are factually wrong in more ways then one. The last three Wrestlemania PPV events w/ The Rock have reached over the 1 million buy rate mark while the five prior Wrestlemania PPV events none of them got higher then the 800 thousand buy rate mark & that was only one Wrestlemania out of the five to hit that mark as the rest were far lower. Viewership has improved (grealty in many ways) when The Rock is on BUT that's when people actually KNOW he's going to be on.But the real issue is WWE's marketing which is terribly lackluster & their cockeyed strategy on how they market & advertise is dreadful. I mean for example: WWE advertises as the main attraction for Smackdown a weight lifting competition between Ryback & Mark Henry??? When they should be advertising that The Rock is going to be on instead. He's the true main attraction let alone the biggest & most globe name the WWE has by a long shot. When WWE does advertise correctly the ratings do rise. Something WWE doesn't do anymore is market & advertise on other networks like they did 10-12 years ago. When The Rock returned in 2011 on RAW that show's viewership hit upwards to 7-8 million viewers which was highest rated viewership RAW had in a decade but word got out early that he was the man to be named the host of Wrestlemania & people tuned in but also the media tuned & covered it as well such as Entertainment Weekly, Yahoo, Hitflix, & many others. I could keep going on here but I think I've made my point in showing you are wrong.You can be ignorant or whatever but you didn't prove anyone wrong & whether you like or not The Rock makes for far better business for WWE. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwesuperfan09/29/89
    your blog is OK and while i agree they kinda dissed on NJ by not mentioning them much, but i have to say you cant keep saying Cena only knows a few moves in his match with punk a month ago they put on a great match where Cena showed us a little more then normal. and lastly at the end of Rock/Cena II to me it looked like rock was gassed and coudlnt finish like cena wanted to so we got what we got.
    The Rock wasn't gassed as he was more significantly injured let alone wasn't in the best of moods. If you didn't know Rock tore tendons off his pelvis let alone suffered a hernia with 15 min. still remaining in the match. Also, according to reports the WWE did a last minute change before the match for Cena to win the match as originally The Rock was suppose to win & drop the title @ Extreme Rules. The Rock was not having a good night from a health & business perspectives.
    your blog is OK and while i agree they kinda dissed on NJ by not mentioning them much, but i have to say you cant keep saying Cena only knows a few moves in his match with punk a month ago they put on a great match where Cena showed us a little more then normal. and lastly at the end of Rock/Cena II to me it looked like rock was gassed and coudlnt finish like cena wanted to so we got what we got.
    Always love your blogs man. Keep up the good work! Hopefully we wont have to wait so long for the next one
    Not particularly realistic hear. Therebis no way tjey are going to have one of there marquee matches a tag team. Lesnar and hhh dont need it. The undertaker doesnt get beat its a 20 YEAR streak not 343 DAY streak. Your imagination ran away with you adding a part timer in Jericho to the whc match. Its a simple storyline. Ziggler will also cash in. Good blog but not not reslistic.
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.